North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maca

maca

Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  Empty
PostSubject: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptySun 29 Apr - 19:23

as above please

keeps going to pdf download pages etc.....
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptySun 29 Apr - 21:13

Because you might hurt yourself! Laughing
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptySun 29 Apr - 21:23

Don't see why maca, just tried 5 different computers, phones, ipads etc and all open them ok.
Back to top Go down
Iain

Iain

PostSubject: Re: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptySun 29 Apr - 21:49

Sounds like the files are .PDF format and you need to download Acrobat Reader onto your PC. The other things you have opened them on most likely already have it installed!
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptySun 29 Apr - 22:19

The posts in the Tech file are not in a different format to any other post on the site, they are just locked so as not to be edited.

Ive checked the Admin panel and cant see anything obvious affecting your profile which would cause things to fire up like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptySun 29 Apr - 23:15

Which one is it you are looking at maca - the one Jonny has put on is a PDF file for the gauge fitting?
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptyMon 30 Apr - 7:38

Was just having a nosey about and everytime i try to open the impreza manuals its taking me to either cloud storage or media fire and the other is asking me to download something called ILivid????

I can view everything apart from the manuals confused

Back to top Go down
Iain

Iain

PostSubject: Re: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptyMon 30 Apr - 7:52

Sounds like the file is hosted on a file sharing site. They sometimes make it hard to follow the correct links to the file.

I've seen ilivid on them before when i clicked the wrong thing, try again and make sure you are clicking the right download button!!!
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptyMon 30 Apr - 8:01

Now its saying CTR theme not registered properly scratch
I'll ask my brother to have a look he will know what to do, cheers for the help anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptyMon 30 Apr - 9:00

Sorry maca, now I see what you are on about. The first "Manuals" post contains a link which is fubar'd and I cant get anywhere with it. Suggest we take it down.

The 2nd one is legit but you'll need software installing on your machine to open files which are stored in .rar format. If you know what .zip files are, they are a bit like that.

Somethig like WinRAR should do it for you, but if your kid is a 'nerd' he'll know what to do.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  EmptyTue 1 May - 16:49

Cheers for the help kgt Wink

I'll give it a bash Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????    Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????  Empty

Back to top Go down

Why cant i view any of the locked technical info on my computer????
Page 1 of 1