North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Empty
PostSubject: Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP   Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP EmptyTue 8 May - 13:08

OK folks, a number of enquiries are received by Admin on a regular basis, so I thought I'd try and knock up an easy to follow guide. Its by no means comprehensive but should suffice for a complete beginner.

Ive used Photobucket as the example, but there are numerous applications available which all do pretty much the same thing.

First off, find a site you are comfortable with and get registered, then you'll probably be presented with a screen that looks something like this :

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob11

If you click the "Upload" button you'll be offered the chance to select files from which ever location youve stored them in.

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob20

Once youve pointed the uploader to your chosen destination (in this instance My Computer) and clicked "Select", you'll probably get a screen that looks like this :

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob13

Select your image (or images) and click "Open" in the bottom RH corner of the screen. Photobucket will start to upload the image(s) and your screen will look like this :

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob14

After the upload is complete the image should appear and you can give it titles etc :

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob15

Once youve uploaded a few images you can continue to your Album and view the results :

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob16

In order to copy/paste the required format to the NESF forum, hover your cursor over the image and a text box should appear beneath it. Left click on the box marked "IMG Code" and you will see it says "Copied". You have now saved this code to your clipboard :

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob17

Now swap your screen to the forum, drop into the text window and right click the mouse, select "Paste". You'll see a line of code appear like this :

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob18

Carry on adding images and text. If you want you can select "Preview" at any time in your post to see how its going to look to everyone :

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob19

Once you are happy click on the "Send" button and your images will be posted for posterity.

If you look just above the posting text box there are a number of icons giving you other options. Once you become more adept have a play about with them, you cant actually break anything. If you get stuck drop me a line and I'll do what I can to help.

If anyone spots any glaring mistakes in this drop me a PM and I'll amend / update. Lets keep this neat and tidy Wink

KGT

Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP   Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP EmptyMon 3 Dec - 14:15

For anyone using Photobucket from a Desktop/Laptop computer, about the only change I can see following the update is when accessing the IMG code.

Now the screen looks like this :

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob21

When you hover the cursor over a picture in the Library, the Options cog will appear in the top right of the image. If you click on that you'll get the following options :

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob22

Select the "Get Media Links" option, and you'll get a pop up window that looks like this :

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP Photob23

You need the IMG code. Simply left click on the code in the box and it will automatically copy it to your Clipboard.

Switch back into the text box on the forum and Paste. Job done.

Back to top Go down

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP
Page 1 of 1