North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? Empty
PostSubject: No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared?   No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptySat 25 Aug - 17:19

car is fairly mod'ed.

full 3" exhaust, fuel pump and filter, air intake, intercooler, dumpvalve, 7grade plugs errrm, and other stuff?

dump valve doesnt seem to be dumping properly. its gone from a short burst, to a kinda pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. slow, not sharp. but only on low boost, so maybe thats okay?

other than that, no issues at all. runs spot on.

is this just the fact the car hasnt had a remap? or should i be checking things?

all fluides are at the right level etc, no bubbles in oil, or mayo on oil cap. although, seemed slightly more smokey on start up this morning? white smoke. not thick, thin and went as soon as i drove the car...

thoughts?

battery is now disconnected to reset the ECU
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared?   No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptySat 25 Aug - 17:28

Battery disconnect won't reset the ecu mate, you need it plugged into a code reader/reset tool to take the light off.

It will most likely be on for lambda sensor, this is because you have de-catted it, with the remap the mapper removes this so it can't come on again, you can fit a spacer to the rear sensor to reduce the frequency of it coming on, they are only a fiver from drew.
Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared?   No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptySat 25 Aug - 17:40

i was told that removing the batery for an hour or so reset things? they seemed pretty certain of this? lol.

aye, i thought it was most likely that sensor, it just got me thinking, seeing as its just randomly happened now.

although, the exhaust was blowing HUGELY up until a few days ago and since then, it was only driven literally 2 mins to work.

since getting the blow sorted with a gasket, this was the longest the car had been driven for, so i think (thought?) that maybe the change in back pressure has maybe cause it?
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared?   No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptySat 25 Aug - 17:54

Mine brings 0172 up all the time bank 1 to rich or something like that!

Bought a launch code reader off eBay for £30 class bit of kit!
Back to top Go down
kenny30

kenny30

PostSubject: Re: No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared?   No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptyMon 27 Aug - 13:14

Removing the battery will not reset the eror code matey, it may turn the CEL off temporarily, but the fault code is still there and the CEL will soon return.
Back to top Go down
dbrunton

dbrunton

PostSubject: Re: No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared?   No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? EmptyWed 29 Aug - 13:20

Yeah possibly a CAT code I have just had a 3" decat exhaust fitted and was told off drew it would flash up CAT codes but I havnt booted mine since having the decat fitted, I was also told not to really drive it till it has been mapped so I contacted Andy Forrest and he says just dont let the turbo in on full boost and it should be fine.

I have a code reader if your anywhere near north shields a could get the fault code for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared?   No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared? Empty

Back to top Go down

No running issues, just a check engine light has appeared?
Page 1 of 1