North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SubbyG00n

Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. Empty
PostSubject: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyTue 6 Nov - 13:38

I've replaced a leaky heater matrix in my UK 1999 (V5) Turbo Wagon so the whole dash was out and everything unpluggd.

Since putting it all back together again I'm left with one issue - The Central locking isn't working.

I can't see any broken or damaged wires and I was careful so don't think that's the issue, however I do have one white 2 pin plug and one single pin plug (earth or live manybe?)left unconnected behind the head unit (stereo) and everything else is working now.

When I press my remote central locking button it does set the alarm and the lights flash, just the central locking doesn't work.
When I lock the car from the inside on the driver's door the central locking still doesn't work.

In my head I'm thinking there's probably an IR sensor or something hidden behind the dash that receives the signal from the RCL control and maybe this 2 pin plug is meant to plug into it and that's preventing the central locking working? Am I possibly thinking along the right lines? If there is a sensor hidden behind the dash for the RCL can anyone describe to me where I can find it?

Does anyone know the colours of the wires for the central locking?

My doors are de-locked so this is doing my head in having to climb in through the boot, haha.

Any help's appreciated, cheers!
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyTue 6 Nov - 14:27

Sorry to be absolutely no help whatsoever, i just wanted to say thanks for making me laugh for this first time today. The thought of you clambering in and out of the car gave me a proper chuckle on.
Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyTue 6 Nov - 15:59

Haha, at least I have a Wagon so just need to get my knees in the boot and lean over to reach the rear door handle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyTue 6 Nov - 16:17

Possibly no help either but have you checked the fuses?
Back to top Go down
Christhe1cox

Christhe1cox

PostSubject: Re: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyTue 6 Nov - 16:26

Mine is a little different problem to yours mate but there is a central locking control unit just under your dash witch may have popped I've got a spare in my boot if your at tonight's meet it will take 5 mins to change for ya if it is that you can have it for same price I paid £10 and its still in the packet ;-) you can check yours by simply unplugging it and if it is ok when you put the plug back in all the doors should lock if not its fkd hay ho fault found
Back to top Go down
http://Cecoxy@me.com
Trev85

Trev85

PostSubject: Re: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyTue 6 Nov - 17:48

Is it factory fitted alarm/ central locking or after market??

Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyTue 6 Nov - 21:39

Trev, I think it's factory fitted as it runs off a Subaru badged key fob.

Chriscox, I wasn't at the meet, been pretty busy, had to do the shopping and then pick up my lass' little sister from the school play since her family have decided to drink and leave the task to me instead. Not that I'm angry about this or anything, haha. Where is the CL control unit mate cos I may have missed plugging it in?
Back to top Go down
Christhe1cox

Christhe1cox

PostSubject: Re: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyTue 6 Nov - 21:54

Take the plastic cover off from under the steering wheel a couple of inches in you will see a small black rectangle box with lock control unit on it it's a white plug mate
Not the cowling the actual bottom part of dash with fuse box coin holder in ;-)
Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyTue 6 Nov - 22:43

Cheers Chris, I'll check that 2moz, I know where you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyThu 8 Nov - 13:20

Chris, you're my hero!
Haha, I found the box and the white plug was right next to it - I'd just missed it in the dark when i was re-connecting the dash! All working now, no more climbing in and out thru the boot. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Christhe1cox

Christhe1cox

PostSubject: Re: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. EmptyThu 8 Nov - 18:15

That's 1 of things I love about this site if your stuck and need answers there is always somebody on the NESF that can help ....... Glad it sorted mate Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.   Central locking wiring help needed...  Bug after having dash out. Empty

Back to top Go down

Central locking wiring help needed... Bug after having dash out.
Page 1 of 1