North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
dont no what to do. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
dont no what to do. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
dont no what to do. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
dont no what to do. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
dont no what to do. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
dont no what to do. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
dont no what to do. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
dont no what to do. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
dont no what to do. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

dont no what to do.

Go down 
+5
Sid
stevejones
Steviedoo
anthmac
scoobie_ste
9 posters
AuthorMessage
scoobie_ste

scoobie_ste

dont no what to do. Empty
PostSubject: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 15:07

i have a 2002 bugeye however shes not the best so my parents have decided its time i got somthing decent.not wanting to travel miles i picked out a few scoobs that i like and they went and had a look. found a 2006 hawkeye blue as shown. however my bugeye has everything i like eg sti spoiler loud exhuast. i want to no what you lot think and would be great if i could get a rough idea how much a spoiler will cost for the hawkeye and do people like hawkeyes should i be aware of somthing going wrong that other scoobies dont. keep in mind what ever car i want i can have long as its under 6000 pound and the bugeye gose the journy thats the deal.
dont no what to do. Hawkeye_zps09c29a39
Back to top Go down
scoobie_ste

scoobie_ste

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 15:08

stupid pic didnt work lol
Back to top Go down
anthmac

anthmac

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 15:14

hawkeyes are quality mate, ( same as mine ) go for it... the wrx is slighly cheaper than th STI but you will just spend whatever you get . loads of good seconhand bits for sale, spoilers are apx £200 for a decent one. and so on.. great cars. iv spent a fortune on mine and loved every penny.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 15:42

Only think to watch out for with the hawkeye is the tax band they are in, if you get one that's registered before march 23rd 2006 it's the lower tax band of around £260 per year, if its registered after that date then it's over £400 per year to tax it, but hawkeye's are great and I love mine, I also had a 2002 bugeye before I bought my hawkeye earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
scoobie_ste

scoobie_ste

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 15:44

spoiler and exhaust and i will be a happy bunny lol. is there a difference in bhp with that hawkeye being a 2.5 and mine a 2.0 or is there more low down torque??
Back to top Go down
scoobie_ste

scoobie_ste

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 15:45

thanks for that mate i would never of looked
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 15:54

scoobie_ste wrote:
spoiler and exhaust and i will be a happy bunny lol. is there a difference in bhp with that hawkeye being a 2.5 and mine a 2.0 or is there more low down torque??

I went from a 2002 bugeye 2 litre modded to around 340-350bhp to a 2006 hawkeye Sti running 315bhp but the hawkeye definitely has loads more low down so not as many gear changes to keep it in the power band, have just recently had it re-mapped to 367bhp and 441ft/lb of torque and now it is really exciting to drive, I definitely prefer the 2.5 over the 2 litre I had before.
Back to top Go down
scoobie_ste

scoobie_ste

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 16:16

well i think yours has the looks and the guts nice motor mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 16:52

Are you selling your bug privately? You'll prob get more for it if you do.

Then shop around there are lots about and some at cracking prices already modded ... providing u know or take someone who knows what they're looking at you should get one quite easily for that price .. are you looking for an sti or wrx?

Also make sure on the higher insurance premiums before leaping into it Very Happy .. wouldn't like to pay your insurance being only 23 lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stevejones

stevejones

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:05

love mine just started to mod it Very Happy plus just take the spoiler and wheels etc off your bugeye and swap them over job done Cool
Back to top Go down
scoobie_ste

scoobie_ste

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:08

will the holes be in the same place mate and my insurance is abwt 1600 because i have 5 years no claimes im a good lad and dont boost alot.
Back to top Go down
Sid

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:20

bein honest if u have a budget of 6k i would hang on until a local blob sti or even a bug sti if u like them come up i know most are above ur budget but u do get some decent ones for under that thats what i would do anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:23

Mines possibly going up for sale back end of jan
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:37

Had my hawkeye for4 years now and still loving it Cool
Back to top Go down
stevejones

stevejones

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 18:16

scoobie_ste wrote:
will the holes be in the same place mate and my insurance is abwt 1600 because i have 5 years no claimes im a good lad and dont boost alot. (of coarse im lieing im a idiot lol)

change the boot lids over easyest way Smile
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 18:38

am sure thats in john's garage (s armstrong car sales,ashington) got mine off him and its been no bother
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 20:04

Bigclarky wrote:
Mines possibly going up for sale back end of jan

Nooo why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 20:06

Ste ask ur mam n dad if they'll adopt me ... so they can buy me a new car too lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptySun 23 Dec - 20:12

Love my Hawkeye - wouldn't change it for any other Scoob......unless it was GIPAs
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. EmptyMon 24 Dec - 17:11

does that mean your selling you bugeye? whats the spec ect?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dont no what to do.   dont no what to do. Empty

Back to top Go down

dont no what to do.
Page 1 of 1