North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Waterless coolant, what is this?

Go down 
+2
Jonny Gav
Bigclarky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

Waterless coolant, what is this? Empty
PostSubject: Waterless coolant, what is this?   Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyWed 26 Dec - 18:50

Just been watching wheeler dealers were they've being doing up a triumph tr6, ed had drained the coolant (antifreeze 50/50 mix) then once he'd had various head work done and rebuilt it, he stated that he was using a waterless coolant that never had to be changed in its lifetime! What is this stuff? I've never heard of out like that before, I known in some Volvo/Renault plant machinery I work on the use there own coolant and if antifreeze touches it, it congeiles and block all the waterways but never a waterless coolant
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Waterless coolant, what is this?   Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyWed 26 Dec - 18:54

Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Waterless coolant, what is this?   Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyWed 26 Dec - 18:56

Just googled that before Jonny, so why not use this in every car if its not a better idea or plan over the cars lifetime, obviously thinking from the pikey point of view lol
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Waterless coolant, what is this?   Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyWed 26 Dec - 19:03

I was just watching that and thought the same thing!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
John h

PostSubject: Re: Waterless coolant, what is this?   Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyWed 26 Dec - 19:52

Hi folks ,

Not sure exactly what this product is . However I do know of a product for use on on diesel engines with wet liners ( pressed in cylinder walls ) that the addition of a dry chemical additive ( DCA )or supplementary chemical additive is recommended to prevent cavitatation causing the cylinder liners to be externally "eaten" away by implosions of the engine water coolant .

( Cavitation was also , I believe , a problem on the propellors of "Turbinia " the turbine engined speedboat which ran rings round the Royal Navy )

The need of DCA is better explained here;

“Liner pitting is caused by vapor bubbles formed when the piston strikes the liner during engine operation. The energy generated during the combustion process and the side-to-side motion of the piston causes the liner to vibrate at a very high frequency. The liner moves away from the coolant fast enough to form vapor bubbles.

“The vapor bubbles collapse against the liner surface as the liner moves back into the coolant. The implosion of the vapor bubble against the liner surface produces a very high velocity jet of water. This water jet removes material from the liner surface. The jet of water acts on the liner surface with a pressure exceeding 15,000 psi. This process repeats again and again, resulting in liner pitting.”

Convential engine blocks with dry liners should be stiffer in construction and therefore less likely to see this movement and resulting cavitation.

John H
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Waterless coolant, what is this?   Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyWed 26 Dec - 22:34

There was a discussion on 22b about it a couple of month ago and a few had negative points of view about it
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Waterless coolant, what is this?   Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyWed 26 Dec - 22:36

It's gotta be the same coolant that Volvo/Renault group are doing lol
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Waterless coolant, what is this?   Waterless coolant, what is this? EmptyWed 26 Dec - 22:39

Any fluid thats 'working' in my opinion needs a service life. I dont agree with that coolant on tyhe basis i change mine regular, same with all other fluids in the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waterless coolant, what is this?   Waterless coolant, what is this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Waterless coolant, what is this?
Page 1 of 1