North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Carbon dipped fog covers EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Carbon dipped fog covers EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Carbon dipped fog covers EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Carbon dipped fog covers EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Carbon dipped fog covers

Go down 
+3
kgt
atwrx
locky@HYDROtek
7 posters
AuthorMessage
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

Carbon dipped fog covers Empty
PostSubject: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 14:02

Just dipped these in a black/gold carbon effect.....wot you guys think? Hit or miss???

[img]Carbon dipped fog covers 572F6E04-BE06-4B8B-AD52-4CEF03D03873-10160-000002593ED431BA[/img]

Cheers locky
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 14:20

They look well done and if its your thing they'll look good. But not for me. If its going to be CF, I'd have to have real CF. Just personal preference that tho.
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 14:53

I like your honestly mate.....there is no replacement for CF that's for sure I've always said that, I think this effect really stands out when it's coating a part you cannot buy in CF.........how much is a set of these in carbon by the way?
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 15:46

Not sure but there was a bloke on here or TTS (I forget) who used to make CF parts, he had a rear spoiler for sale for about £250, so I'd doubt it would cost that much to have them made. Was only layered CF tho, not formed (which is the structural stuff used for tubs etc)
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 16:05

Locky, the coating looks fabulous. Better than most cheap / knock off pretendy carbon fibre by a long shot. Wink Cool
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 16:36

Think it looks very good personally, how much is it to get a set done?
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 16:46

Cheers lads Wink it's an option to coat your own parts instead of buying replacements Wink prices for fog covers start from £50+ a set......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 16:47

Yet again Locky you are knockin' these out of the park. If it was just plain old carbon fibre we would all be boring as feck and you wouldn't have a businesss doing carbon fibre only. I love carbon fibre and have both real & dipped on my car, including candy red lava courtesy of you bud Wink Everyone's tastes are different coz that's what makes us individuals and all you are doing is catering for everyone's tastes. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 17:47

Here here !!

Gives people the option of putting their own ideas into practice too .. so if they have a particular colour thats not commercially available .. it can still be achieved with a little bit of jiggery pokery and mixing colours/layers and at an affordable rate.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 18:41

I think they look excellent and yes they may not be real carbon fibre but still they look the dogs..
Don't know what they would look like fitted but as far as the look/quality of the effect and finish I have to say I'm very imprezad Smile
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 21:19

Cheers lads n lasses appreciate the support Wink it's defiantly a good way to put your own stamp on parts Nicola......I am only but the servant lol......also been looking to do these if there is enough interest in them.....battery covers in wot ever design you like.....wots your thoughts on these? Hit or miss?
[img]Carbon dipped fog covers 7B1DECEA-4EE9-495F-8082-272A0DD29804-10160-000002B40508341E[/img]

Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 21:29

Could you do a full spoiler? Got one in the garage waiting to get painted
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 21:37

Wot style spoiler is it?
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 21:51

It's a sti one
Back to top Go down
anthmac

anthmac

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 22:29

your work is quality mate, seen it real life on pauls car ( mr mid life ) lots of spends on my car at the min, 3 pod and gauges gettin fitted next week, you are defo on my list in the near future. keep up ya good work mate.

i will be comin to see ya soon.
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptySun 20 Jan - 22:32

The whole spoiler wouldn't dip.....only section of it mate....it's shape is wrong....so to get continuous carbon coverage would be impossible......lets say just the top blade would dip....masking a line either side and just under the lip....that part could be in carbon look and the rest the same colour as the car.....all clear coated in would good still Wink if that makes sence?
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptyMon 21 Jan - 19:05

Yeah it does pm me a price mate if you can do it
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptyMon 21 Jan - 19:48

So you would be happy with just the top blade done yeh?
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptyMon 21 Jan - 20:15

Yeah but can u paint the sides and bottom ?
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers EmptyMon 21 Jan - 20:51

Yeh no bother I will work you a price out for the full job Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carbon dipped fog covers   Carbon dipped fog covers Empty

Back to top Go down

Carbon dipped fog covers
Page 1 of 1