North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland

Go down 
+23
mousey
lee
dazer_70
StickT
Trev85
drew160387
byers
iddysti
Keiffy
Jonny Gav
discodaz
natski
Steviedoo
craigzscooby
atwrx
baldy
drew@drewsautos
andyden71
Tony@carkandy
mark78
Kato
kgt
sMoggY06_WRX
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sMoggY06_WRX

Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland Empty
PostSubject: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 14:28

Goooooood afternoon,

Right, finally got all the bits ordered to go for 340bhp

Now I've booked in with Eclipse performance in sunderland as they were able to do all the work I wanted to do plus they had facilitys to remap and valet the car all in one go.

Liked the idea of dropping the car off then having nothing else to worry about, jus pick it up a few days later and everything has been done!

SO....

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this company?? I felt I could trust them as they seem to do full rebuilds etc... and have all out projects going on for subaru cars.

Just wanna know what the community thought of them.

Another thing is the remap is only £300 which was a bit strange as normally with the ecutek licence etc...last time it came to about £650ish....now I'm not complaining about the cost (lol) but what Am I gonna be getting for £300? Is it likely open source software and is this ok??? He said they'd put in a chip and remap the chip but i dont think this is the case for 05-07 cars i thought that was the really older models. It is a live remap done on the road so I know its not a generic map thats just uploaded so any ideas?

Cheers,

Dean.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 14:34

Oh my god, I'll get my popcorn. No personal experiences but take a seat and someone will be along very soon, theyve been a hot topic on here for a while.

Please folks keep your comments constructive and lets see if we can help Dean out here.
Back to top Go down
Kato

Kato

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 14:39

Have no experiences of the company but from previous threads on here I'll also get the popcorn. One thread in particular made me very wary of using them. some seem to rate them though.

*just edited to add I am also awaiting a remap day on here as you get a decent discount for group buys by well known and trusted mappers....
Back to top Go down
mark78

mark78

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 14:43

do a search for Eclipse on here there will be a few results Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/mark.hepper
Tony@carkandy

Tony@carkandy

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 14:47

My personal experience of Eclipse:

I bought a decat and a fuel pump. Decat was advertised as a complete kit, image showed gaskets and bolts. Fuel pump was advertised as a branded, 255L pump. Decat had no bolts and no gaskets, had to be bodged to fit. Pump was a cheap chinese copy that caused allsorts of issues with my car and ultimately failed completely, car was a million times better and made more power when returned to the standard pump that had done a 110k miles!

They initially accused me of lying and then ignored me completely. I would rather take my car to a £2 back street car wash and have them map it and valet it that trust Eclipse
Back to top Go down
http://www.carkandy.co.uk
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 14:48

if you read back in older posts overe that last 1 to 2 weeks ou will come a cross these guys have a read before you use them then decide on what you want to do. not sure where your from but i use the GRT Shop in Whingate near trimdon think they can do all the work for you telephone 01429 838885 ask for Dave they deal with skylines and most jap motors.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 14:52

Dean, before you go ahead with anything, its also worth talking to Andy Kindon, Drew or Finn who all advertize their services on here.

https://nesf.forumotion.co.uk/f8-your-business

I think 100% of the guys on the forum would trust their cars to them and they work with some of the most respected mappers in the business. They might even put a sponge across the car if you are very nice......but dont bank on it.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 15:03

Dean DONT DO IT YOU'll REGRET IT, I'd buy certain things off them that i'd know are genuine but thats as far as I'd go

heres just a couple of late nite reads Smile

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/963938-what-costs-1400-and-lasts-8-weeks.html

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/projects-40/960064-de-eclipsing-my-hawk.html
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 15:15

DONT DO IT .SAVE YOURSELF A HEADACHE
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 15:18

Eee Drew, you're just saying that to get his business lol!

Only joking OP you get what you pay for, peanuts for chimps.
Back to top Go down
craigzscooby

craigzscooby

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 15:32

As above,drew,finn andy kindon who know what they are doin mate Smile
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 15:35

I'm gonna start using drew Andy or FINN for any jobs on my car alls I hear is great stuff stuff and feedback from all over the place
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 16:48

Don't do it mate, Eclipse will probably destroy your pride and joy and cost you twice as much in the long run, take it to one of the trusted people of here that others have mentioned like Andy Kindon or Drew. Never used Eclipse my self bu only heard bad words about them. Have used Andy Kindon and Drew off here and had nothing but good experiences from both of them.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 16:50

I suggest you take the car to Chris at eclipse and tell him they were highly reccomended by the members of NESF. Take a look at the expression on his face and you will have your answer right there...
Back to top Go down
sMoggY06_WRX

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 17:05

Really???

Can they REALLY be that bad??? They have project cars on their website!! 500bhp impreza....u can't accidently build a car like that!!

if you didn't know what you were doing it would have destroyed itself before getting it to 500bhp.

so who will fit a downpipe, turbo, a fuel pump and do a full service(except cambelt) and remap the car then valet it....anyone local lol? Want it to be done quickly as I work away for weeks at time.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 17:29

Well out of 14 responses, 13 said don't do it, the 14th being yours above. What do you think?

Take it to Eclipse...then let us know how you get on after its been repaired.
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 17:44

well i would not let then change a dustcap my car nevermind all the work you want doing!! just stick with what you know and have been advised
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 17:45

We only recommend remapping by-

Andy Forrest
Bob Rawle
JGM
Racedynamix
Andy Carr

I personally haven't used Eclipse but have read some horror stories on the net about them.

Back to top Go down
sMoggY06_WRX

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 18:01

Yeh,

Just read the 'de-eclipsing my subaru' thread on scoobynet.... that has put the nail in the coffin. LOL.

Cheers for the info!!
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 18:18

Kindon, Drew, Finn or Gipa for the work / map sort out.

Razzle Dazzle for the valet.

Last edited by kgt on Mon 18 Feb - 21:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 18:33

Bring it along to mine mate... Havent a clue about subaru's but neither have eclipse...Smile
Mine was mapped by Andy forrest who I very highly recomend...
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 20:28

you would be better of taking it to Asda. They can build subaru engines, remap and valet.

Oh sorry thinking of the wrong company, go to Andy Kindon or Drew.
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 20:37

Nearly spewed up when I seen the thread title
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 20:54

Ill add my experiences with eclipse.
Chip for my ecu- sent my boost all over the place at one point it hit about 16-18psi on a standard td05. Changed ecu for polar performance one and it was fine

A freind of mine bought branded silicone intake which didnt fit and collapsed under load i beleive andy f mapped the car and kindly sorted the pipework out.

I bought second hand coilpacks that didnt work at all from them

I bought a few bits from chris but mainly just filters or brakepads which where fine and tbf chris was always freindly lol apart from that i wouldnt go back.

As for mapping i beleive he downloads maps and just flashes your ecu which i have been told by a few people including ex employees :0
Back to top Go down
Trev85

Trev85

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland EmptyMon 18 Feb - 21:46

sMoggY06_WRX wrote:
Yeh,

Just read the 'de-eclipsing my subaru' thread on scoobynet.... that has put the nail in the coffin. LOL.

Cheers for the info!!

that same thread started on here and the reason i written that thread is to try stop other people getting done ova in the same way and let people know of there poor workmanship!

there is enfu people on here that are happy to help and know what they are doing so use 1 of them instead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next