North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti Empty
PostSubject: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySun 31 Mar - 15:56

Looking for some advice before I fit my new Rota's, trying to keep the car as low as possible so it looks right, but also trying to avoid any scrubbing which is probably a impossibility with wide wheels! Had a few concerns after natski had a problem with scrubbing.

My blob has BC racing coilovers with standard sti ARB's and bushes, is it worth upgrading the ARB's to reduce the body roll more or will stiffening the coilovers up a bit do the same job?

Don't want to go as low as hardy had his....never seen a blob as low as that lol! But thought I'd ask the question from people in the know to put my mind at ease as I've only fitted but not tried it out yet.

I'm used to putting wide wheels on raised land rovers and don't have this problem lol!

Thanks
Mike
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti CAC736D7-52BC-4A47-8725-0085CB34FC03-3916-000002DDDC8B04C7
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySun 31 Mar - 16:48

Mine has chopped a chunk out the corner of the tyre right around its the same size as the lip on the arch about 3mm its also about 3mm deep and you can see the shredded rubber bits sticking out and blue paint marks in the tyre its a right mess Sad
If you have had your arches chopped down and you have coilovers on I don't think you should have any problems because the spring rate will be much higher than the standard ones.
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySun 31 Mar - 17:21

On the wide track there's no arch to roll only cut away I believe. Stiffening the suspension and ARB's would help also fitting some rear camber bolts or camber shim's will also help. How low are you wanting it?

Revolution will be able to suggest a possible answer as well as they do the arch rolling
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySun 31 Mar - 17:22

natski wrote:
Mine has chopped a chunk out the corner of the tyre right around its the same size as the lip on the arch about 3mm its also about 3mm deep and you can see the shredded rubber bits sticking out and blue paint marks in the tyre its a right mess Sad
If you have had your arches chopped down and you have coilovers on I don't think you should have any problems because the spring rate will be much higher than the standard ones.

Thanks mate Cool going to do a bit chopping tomorrow and seal it up properly, then maybe raise it a bit just to try it, once I'm happy that's it's as low as it will go without scrubbing ill get the alignment done

I'll be an expert on this question once I'm all Finnish lol!
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySun 31 Mar - 17:30

hardy 172 wrote:
On the wide track there's no arch to roll only cut away I believe. Stiffening the suspension and ARB's would help also fitting some rear camber bolts or camber shim's will also help. How low are you wanting it?

Revolution will be able to suggest a possible answer as well as they do the arch rolling

Not as low as you had yours mate lol! would like to keep it at the same height as it is at the moment which is about 10mm above the top of the tyre, even this is a bit too low sometimes for multistories and speed bumps but I like it ha!

I will maybe give revo's a visit though just to sure, thanks
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySun 31 Mar - 17:38

Revo did my arches
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySun 31 Mar - 19:33

Thought this post was already up ?
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySun 31 Mar - 20:01

lol! same pic mate but slightly different question, I am just going to try it soon though rather than think about potential problems, just like to do things right! and ask plenty of questions lol!
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySun 31 Mar - 20:53

Grinder drop it down..mines still catching hardys is a total different set up as his wasnt wider track when we parked up in the car park his wheels sit in further and mine sticks out Sony wont get it low as I want really unless the camber is adjusted
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptySun 31 Mar - 23:38

Thanks byers, all info is appreciated as always on here Very Happy nothing like getting some knowledge from people that have done it! And my Subaru knowledge is slowly growing too Laughing

Definitely going to get this done now, I'll get plenty of pics too in case someone fussy like me posts something similar on here the future lol!

Cheers lads
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 0:05

Those alloys look familiar......just like mine....Rota Force Drift? What width are they bud? Mine are 18 x 9
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 0:20

Yeah rota force drift bud 18x9 et 27 I think. Came off a mates Evo 7, hardly used but just had them powdercoated in gunmetal Cool do you have any scrubbing problems?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 0:26

Mine are the ET35 and I am currently on standard suspension with Prodrive lowering springs and have never had any rubbing. I replaced the front & rear ARBs last September and still no rubbing. I have new BC coilovers, Whilteline anti-lift kit, Whiteline track rod ends & balljoints getting fitted on Tuesday morning so I'll let you know if they rub then as the car will be lower than it is now - BCs set to 40mm lower than standard. Fingers crossed!!!
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 0:39

Was yours the black hawk at Connors day bud? Sounds like some nice upgrades your doing, plan to do similar setup at some point but think ill do red samco's first! Could be wrong about the ET27, need to get something a bit more accurate than my tape measure that can hardy be read lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 0:53

Mikeblobsti wrote:
Was yours the black hawk at Connors day bud? Sounds like some nice upgrades your doing, plan to do similar setup at some point but think ill do red samco's first! Could be wrong about the ET27, need to get something a bit more accurate than my tape measure that can hardy be read lol!

Yes mate that was my Hawk - I've had a fully forged engine built since then and a boat load of brakes, suspension, turbo, DEFIs, Perrin FMIC the whole hog!! She's currently running 477 BHP & 475 ft/lb - so I needed to get the suspension & handling sorted....well that's what I keep telling myself anyway lol!
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 19:36

Wow sounds like you've built a nice motor mate, bet it puts big grin your face!!

You'll be pleased to know that you will be able to low with your BC coilovers, got my rota fitted today and have no problems with rubbing Very Happy
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti Null-21
Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti Null-22
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 19:37

Awesome mate - look class Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 19:46

Get some STI centre caps to replace the Rota ones and that will finish it right off Like these ones:

Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti APBrakes_zps20c0300c

Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 19:54

Hmm good idea bud, been thinking about prodrive centre caps instead though just for something different! Could probably put something together from the centre caps from my are pff7's Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 19:56

Mikeblobsti wrote:
Hmm good idea bud, been thinking about prodrive centre caps instead though just for something different! Could probably put something together from the centre caps from my are pff7's Cool

Good idea Prodrive logo on black centrecaps will look awesome!
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 20:35

What's wrong with the rota centre caps like ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 20:52

natski wrote:
What's wrong with the rota centre caps like ??

Nothing at all bud - like everything it's just a matter of taste Very Happy
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 21:11

Don't get me wrong Mario I do like the STi centre caps I just think that having STI wrote on your car 13 times is a bit of what you call overkill lmfao..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti EmptyMon 1 Apr - 21:16

natski wrote:
Don't get me wrong Mario I do like the STi centre caps I just think that having STI wrote on your car 13 times is a bit of what you call overkill lmfao..

Quite agree mate Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti   Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti Empty

Back to top Go down

Stretched tyres on low widetrack/hawkeye sti
Page 1 of 1