HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» R.I.P Gipa
Wed 7 Jun - 20:17 by dergracing

» Blobeye wrx
Sat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Sat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Tue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Sat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Fri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Fri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Sun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

» New / Old member saying hello
Wed 14 Sep - 4:12 by baldy

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Share | 
 

 12k engine build

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steviedoo

avatar

Posts : 2691
Join date : 2010-08-06
Age : 42
Location : Saving up for a new Scoob ???

PostSubject: 12k engine build   Thu 18 Apr - 2:05

Is he mad seems a bit steep 12k Shocked

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/972229-its-back-api-engine-build.html
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

avatar

Posts : 1934
Join date : 2013-02-23
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: 12k engine build   Thu 18 Apr - 3:56

He can't be serious ?? I could think of better ways to spend 12k lol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 12k engine build   Thu 18 Apr - 8:52

Actually lads he has also included all of the bolt on upgrades such as the turbo & APS FMIC - they are almost £3000 just for those 2 items by themselves and having gone through an entire build the same as he has that is a very accurate cost and not as expensive as it looks Wink
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

avatar

Posts : 2691
Join date : 2010-08-06
Age : 42
Location : Saving up for a new Scoob ???

PostSubject: Re: 12k engine build   Thu 18 Apr - 9:49

Marietto wrote:
Actually lads he has also included all of the bolt on upgrades such as the turbo & APS FMIC - they are almost £3000 just for those 2 items by themselves and having gone through an entire build the same as he has that is a very accurate cost and not as expensive as it looks Wink

So after taking into account the FMIC and turbo cost that still leaves 9k so that's an accurate cost of an engine build to get the car to 480bhp, think I'll be sticking to the power I've got Shocked

So is this a similar spec to what you have then Mario
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

avatar

Posts : 1934
Join date : 2013-02-23
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: 12k engine build   Thu 18 Apr - 20:55

That's a serious amount of cash towards a rebuild. I would have just got a new car Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 46
Location : Durham

PostSubject: Re: 12k engine build   Thu 18 Apr - 21:20

There are a few members on here that have spent a hell of a lot more than that, for one of them you can add a "zero" to that number and then some Shocked

It's cheaper to have a coke habit than the modding bug Laughing
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

avatar

Posts : 1934
Join date : 2013-02-23
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: 12k engine build   Thu 18 Apr - 21:43

Haha think I'll stick to modding my car Smile
Back to top Go down
natski

avatar

Posts : 3898
Join date : 2012-02-22
Age : 38
Location : Smog city

PostSubject: Re: 12k engine build   Thu 18 Apr - 21:49

What a complete waste of an awesome engine Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
stevep360

avatar

Posts : 454
Join date : 2011-11-01
Location : Northumberland

PostSubject: Re: 12k engine build   Thu 18 Apr - 22:05

Steviedoo wrote:
Marietto wrote:
Actually lads he has also included all of the bolt on upgrades such as the turbo & APS FMIC - they are almost £3000 just for those 2 items by themselves and having gone through an entire build the same as he has that is a very accurate cost and not as expensive as it looks Wink

So after taking into account the FMIC and turbo cost that still leaves 9k so that's an accurate cost of an engine build to get the car to 480bhp, think I'll be sticking to the power I've got Shocked

So is this a similar spec to what you have then Mario

clutch, injectors and management are prolly close to 2k too and when you factor in a 6 speed gearbox the engine build is probably only around 5k which about 500 quid will be machining, so 4500 for a long engine with blocks supplied aint too bad.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 12k engine build   Thu 18 Apr - 22:09

stevep360 wrote:
Steviedoo wrote:
Marietto wrote:
Actually lads he has also included all of the bolt on upgrades such as the turbo & APS FMIC - they are almost £3000 just for those 2 items by themselves and having gone through an entire build the same as he has that is a very accurate cost and not as expensive as it looks Wink

So after taking into account the FMIC and turbo cost that still leaves 9k so that's an accurate cost of an engine build to get the car to 480bhp, think I'll be sticking to the power I've got Shocked

So is this a similar spec to what you have then Mario

clutch, injectors and management are prolly close to 2k too and when you factor in a 6 speed gearbox the engine build is probably only around 5k which about 500 quid will be machining, so 4500 for a long engine with blocks supplied aint too bad.

Agree Steve - for the amount of work and parts he had fitted £12K is reasonable - the Exedy clutch is another £1300 without the fitting charge and it wasn't really just a forged engine build - it was a full on end-result build with all the upgraded bolt-on parts to take advantage of the forged build - I am sure his costs pale into insignificance when you tot up your little lot lol!
Back to top Go down
stevep360

avatar

Posts : 454
Join date : 2011-11-01
Location : Northumberland

PostSubject: Re: 12k engine build   Thu 18 Apr - 22:12

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 12k engine build   

Back to top Go down
 
12k engine build
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Write-Up: 3800 Series II SC Engine Removal & Installation
» Build Some Power With a '92-'96 Gen II LT1 (CarCraft article)
» Xschop's 5.3 LM7 build
» Vortec Head 350 Project Build
» Briggs & Stratton Opposed Twin Engine Questions

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Subaru Forum :: Found on the internet-
Jump to: