North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
What do you recomend? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
What do you recomend? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
What do you recomend? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
What do you recomend? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
What do you recomend? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
What do you recomend? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
What do you recomend? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
What do you recomend? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
What do you recomend? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

What do you recomend?

Go down 
+3
Jonny Gav
drew@drewsautos
maca
7 posters
AuthorMessage
maca

maca

What do you recomend? Empty
PostSubject: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyTue 30 Apr - 22:46

What clutch do you recomend for a v8 sti 6 speed box thats going into a classic?

Already have the flywheel so just need a nice new clutch, looking to spend max £300.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyTue 30 Apr - 23:35

£300 max all you'll get is a set exedy for that
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyWed 1 May - 17:09

Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyWed 1 May - 17:48

Standard exedy will be your best option, don't bother with the uprated pink box exedy, they are a nightmare for judder.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyWed 1 May - 18:25

Cheers Jonny
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyWed 1 May - 18:43

Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyWed 1 May - 18:54

The six speed exedy pink clutch never did have judder issues apparently..

I can't comment because mine is still in the cardboard box rather than the gearbox lol
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyWed 1 May - 21:36

natski wrote:
The six speed exedy pink clutch never did have judder issues apparently..

I can't comment because mine is still in the cardboard box rather than the gearbox lol

lol! hahaha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyWed 1 May - 23:22

atwrx wrote:
Pretty sure they're cheaper on Aztec performance website.

Edit: yep - http://www.superhids.co.uk/clutches-and-lightweight-flywheels/subaru-impreza/exedy-240mm-organic-clutch-kit-6-speed-impreza-turbo-sti-blue-box-anti-judder-.html

Excellent spot!!!!

Job sorted Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyThu 2 May - 22:10

Yeah that's whats in mine a pink box clutch and its a bloody nightmare judders loads and clutch pedal is hard
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyThu 2 May - 22:19

andyden71 wrote:
Yeah that's whats in mine a pink box clutch and its a bloody nightmare judders loads and clutch pedal is hard

5 speed ???
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyThu 2 May - 22:50

natski wrote:
andyden71 wrote:

5 speed ???

Both 5 and 6 speed can judder, some people don't have the bother, some do, I personally wouldn't fit a other pink box to any of my cars after the one I had in my Type R.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyThu 2 May - 23:01

Oh I forgot to post this link from a thread I made on Scoobynet last month.
CLICK

Jonny knows his stuff also so I'm not going to argue especially since I have no Experience of the pink exedy. When you think about it the other 400bhp clutches out there cost almost twice as much and they must do for a reason.

However there are many many happy people using the exedy pink clutches around I did quite a lot of looking thru many threads on many Subaru,EVO and skyline forums before I made up my mind about buying a pink box exedy.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyThu 2 May - 23:21

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyThu 2 May - 23:31

Jonny Gav wrote:
http://bbs.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/958572-problems-with-new-exedy-stage1-organic-clutch.html

Check out TIZERBOY's comments.

That 1st post on that thread is a belter! lol!

I have no judder at all on my pink box but I still hate the fecking thing. I haven't got a lightened flywheel, just the standard one that was skimmede. The clutch pedal is very hard to depress and after knee surgery it is a pain in the....well knee really. But I still hated it before that. Really hard to get the biting point spot on when riding the clutch or on a hill start and if you are more than an ant's pube width out the clutch plate slips like a slippery thing and the burning smell is awful - even reversing up my drive at 0.0000001 mph on a 1 degree incline can make it do this. Wish I had bought a different one.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyThu 2 May - 23:40

Jonny I have read that one already and it did make me worry a bit. if my clutch is like his I'm going to get an ACT clutch or a new car lol..

Byers has no issues with his and Marios has no judder issues either ( although he has other issues with it as stated above lol), I would of got an ACT clutch or a Helix but Alyn Aztec and Finn changed my mind also Drifworks owed me a favour and agreed to send me a pink exedy for cost price as that's the only clutch they could supply that was suitable.

I also read somewhere that the judder on the six speed if any is caused by high spots on the flywheel so as long as the flywheel is new or skimmed properly then there should be no judder issues.

I will give an honest report on my clutch when I get round to getting it fitted and my fingers are crossed its a good one
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyFri 3 May - 7:16

Aztec told me that the judder is on the old clutches, which people still sell as they bought lots of stock. Aztec no longer have the old clutches in stock so there shouldn't be any issues, though I can't state fact at this point as I don't have one.

I have been reliably informed on more than one occassion, that the blue box OE clutch can handle 450bhp (similar torque) no probs so long as its not at the end of its life.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyFri 3 May - 8:43

That is why I always say fit the blue box clutch for 400hp on a 6 speed, in my eyes the pink box isn't worth the risk,
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? EmptyFri 3 May - 9:04

Pleased i asked before buying Shocked Laughing

Blue exedy should be arriving today Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you recomend?   What do you recomend? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you recomend?
Page 1 of 1