North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

I'm guessing this wont buff out.......

Go down 
+8
locky@HYDROtek
Robbo_22
anthmac
stu
lian&johnsti
keffer
Steviedoo
kgt
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

I'm guessing this wont buff out....... Empty
PostSubject: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 19:48

Neutral

I'm guessing this wont buff out....... 947B1D13-1BFD-475C-8D16-F5666ACCD19A-4124-0000066BD5F6B0EF
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 19:52

Oh no Keith, Shocked what happened their, is it just the front wing or down the door also, can't really tell from the pic, hope you get it sorted quick, bet you are gutted.
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 20:03

oooh no bud that sucks Sad
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 20:15

omg kieth what happened.it will fix as long as you ok Very Happy
lian
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 20:17

Yes keffer you could say I'm a teeny bit unhappy.

Steve, the damage starts at the bottom of the front bumper which is rashed to bits, it goes across the wing as you can clearly see in the photo and the outer part of the arch liner is damaged. The alloy is gashed from side to side. 3/4 of the wing mirror is AWOL, it impacted the drivers door glass and the door and rear quarter on its way to freedom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 20:23

Jesus mate you must be gutted - how did that happen? You didn't let the missus take your car out of the garage did you? If it was a prang with another car I hope you are not damaged mate. Bits of metal are replaceable, we are not. Sad
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 20:25

I'm ok Lian. Been to the hospital in Bish today for a check up. Strained my wrists and bit of whiplash, hopefully nothing the next two weeks by the pool won't fix. Off to Menorca tomorrow. Car getting picked up in the morning and off for repairs somewhere in Sunderland (Clarkes ?)

Marietto, I was on the way to work this morning going steady up the bypass out of Bishop when the lady on the inside lane decided to pull out and edged me into the oncoming traffic, which was unfortunately a chuffing JCB/Caterpillar thing which I bounced off. A few inches more and I'd have been under it. I'm considering myself rather lucky. The other driver clearly what happened and slowed down to see the results.......then sped off. Very Christian of her don't you think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 20:31

kgt wrote:
I'm ok Lian. Been to the hospital in Bish today for a check up. Strained my wrists and bit of whiplash, hopefully nothing the next two weeks by the pool won't fix. Off to Menorca tomorrow. Car getting picked up in the morning and off for repairs somewhere in Sunderland (Clarkes ?)

Marietto, I was on the way to work this morning going steady up the bypass out of Bishop when the lady on the inside lane decided to pull out and edged me into the oncoming traffic, which was unfortunately a chuffing JCB/Caterpillar thing which I bounced off. A few inches more and I'd have been under it. I'm considering myself rather lucky. The other driver clearly what happened and slowed down to see the results.......then sped off. Very Christian of her don't you think.

Jesus mate that was close - that's 2 NESF members almost taken out in 2 days - Andy Bishop had a car he was under drop on top of him yesterday, the only thing that saved him was a plastic bucket that was catching the draining oil and a big camp man who's oil he was changing who had never used a jack before!! What a lovely thing she did, well I hope karma catches up with that horrible woman. Enjoy your hols mate and chill out.

Last edited by Marietto on Mon 13 May - 20:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 20:32

Oh God Keith .. just what you don't need Sad

Glad to hear it was only the car damaged and not you.

Hope you got her details or witnesses and she gets her come uppance .. leaving the scene of an accident to add to her misdemeanours.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 20:45

kgt wrote:

Sounds like a close call, pleased you are ok though, car will fix.

Keith, your car is still under warranty with it being so new so I would be careful as to who repairs it, I had a brand new MG ZS a few years ago which someone kindly ran into the back of within the 1st year of me owning it, insurance company was going to send it to a repair shop but when I contacted MG they told me that the 5 year bodywork warranty would be void unless I used one of their authorised repairers, so if I was you I would check with subaru 1st to see if your warranty will still be valid.
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 20:46

not good hope you got some witnesses buddy Sad
Back to top Go down
stu

stu

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 21:19

kgt wrote:
Car getting picked up in the morning and off for repairs somewhere in Sunderland

i hope a certain company doesnt do insurance repairs now Rolling Eyes only jokin keith hope your car is ready for nbo!
Back to top Go down
anthmac

anthmac

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 21:55

ouch...

take it to garage, let them fix it.

have a great hol mate.

any probs, sort when you get back.

enjoy.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 22:27

Cheers people. I clocked her reg before she sped off and the cops have been out to mine tonight to survey the damage and take my statement. They took a very dim view of her actions and said I did all the right things and they will interview her with a view to prosecuting her. I gestured for her to pull over and it looked like she was going to then put her foot down. Maybe she thought she was going to have some bother with me and was booting it for safety sakes but she should have reported what happened when she got to her destination and it looks like she hasn't. I wasn't going to chase her as that could have landed me in bother and I had to pull over to survey the damage and let the methane out of the cabin. To say the least I was a bit shaken. Thing is there is no impact damage on the passenger side so she could say she wasnt there and I've made the whole thing up, there were witnesses but nobody stopped and the JCB lad wouldnt have even noticed my 1.5 ton bouncing of his 20 ton or so. At the end of the day as you've all said, its just a car and it can be repaired. Fingers crossed this is my one and only coz now I've had time to reflect on things i know that a few inches more and I'd have been totalled.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 22:42

Keith, did you see my post above about your warranty, I would check it out before getting any repairs done.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyMon 13 May - 22:45

Will give them a bell first thing bud. Cheers for advice. Wink
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyTue 14 May - 7:11

Nowt lite staring death in the eye then nutting the cnut in the face to make you feel alive mate! Enjoy yer holiday Cool
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyTue 14 May - 7:33

Robbo_22 wrote:
Nowt lite staring death in the eye then nutting the cnut in the face to make you feel alive mate! Enjoy yer holiday Cool

WISE WORDS FROM THE WISE ONE Wink
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyTue 14 May - 12:14

Good to be living and telling the tail mate Wink it's only cosmetics and can be fixed......let the sun sea and sand take away any pain fella
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyWed 15 May - 9:32

kgt wrote:
Robbo_22 wrote:

WISE WORDS FROM THE WISE ONE Wink

Haha! I'm not as thick in real life as I come across on here! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyTue 28 May - 12:09

Keith, did you get this sorted out, did the police manage to get hold of the other car that had caused the problem, hope everything turned out ok and you got the car back in perfect condition.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyThu 30 May - 6:28

Been in touch with the garage while I was away. Got back late last night and car should have been here this morning but more likely Friday now. Taking it up to Subaru on Saturday for them to have a look at it, but they've already said it shouldn't be a problem warranty wise unless the work is shocking, which I'm not expecting.

Also got a mail from the police while I was away and they've been to see the other driver and want me to get in touch, so I'll be on the phone to them later today. I just hope they've held their hands up and I can get this sorted without too much pain. Certainly could have done without this, got plenty on my plate at the moment. Just hope all get sorted before the end of this month for the jaunt to Ripon.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptyThu 30 May - 20:58

glad your ok Keith. Sounds a bit hairy, but as said before its only a car and can be fixed.

hope you get it sorted ok.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptySat 1 Jun - 7:32

And the story continues. The body shop tried to drop the car off yesterday and it didn't even make it off the transporter. Me and a couple of the neighbours who are well versed in motors for one reason or another went over it with a fine tooth comb and came up with at least half a dozen things they'd completely missed in addition to the blatantly obvious issues of pin holes in paint, orange peel overspray and just generally shoddy work. I rang the insurers to report i was very unhappy and they informed me that I had to give the garage a chance to rectify it and then they'd get more involved. I then rang the body shop manager and pointed everything out to him and to his credit he sounded genuinely shocked/gutted and said he'd get all over it on Monday and would contact me himself after his inspection. Next time it's 'ready' I'm supposed to go to the garage and inspect it there, taking a few folks with me if I want, which I will certainly do. Luckily this is not something I've had experience of before, but I have the awful feeling this is the beginning of a saga.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... EmptySat 1 Jun - 8:03

kgt wrote:
And the story continues. The body shop tried to drop the car off yesterday and it didn't even make it off the transporter. Me and a couple of the neighbours who are well versed in motors for one reason or another went over it with a fine tooth comb and came up with at least half a dozen things they'd completely missed in addition to the blatantly obvious issues of pin holes in paint, orange peel overspray and just generally shoddy work. I rang the insurers to report i was very unhappy and they informed me that I had to give the garage a chance to rectify it and then they'd get more involved. I then rang the body shop manager and pointed everything out to him and to his credit he sounded genuinely shocked/gutted and said he'd get all over it on Monday and would contact me himself after his inspection. Next time it's 'ready' I'm supposed to go to the garage and inspect it there, taking a few folks with me if I want, which I will certainly do. Luckily this is not something I've had experience of before, but I have the awful feeling this is the beginning of a saga.........

FFS!!!!!! Unbelievable Keith. I hope you get it sorted mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm guessing this wont buff out.......   I'm guessing this wont buff out....... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm guessing this wont buff out.......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next