North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stualex

stualex

Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  Empty
PostSubject: Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors    Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyFri 14 Jun - 19:57

Got some JDM mirrors off flea bay for the measly sum of £32 but didn't come with switch.

Fitted the mirrors last week and tried to source a switch. No luck finding a switch so made up the relay and wiring myself.

Decided I wanted them to fold and unfold with the ignition so I don't need to remember but also thought it would be handy to fold them at will so fitted a toggle switch next to the original switch and all looks very OEM.

Very chuffed with my cheap mod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors    Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyFri 14 Jun - 20:40

Pauls have sat on the kitchen floor for weeks waiting to be fitted, complete with switch .. feel free yo come and fit them lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors    Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyFri 14 Jun - 20:55

stualex wrote:
Got some JDM mirrors off flea bay for the measly sum of £32 but didn't come with switch.

Fitted the mirrors last week and tried to source a switch. No luck finding a switch so made up the relay and wiring myself.

Decided I wanted them to fold and unfold with the ignition so I don't need to remember but also thought it would be handy to fold them at will so fitted a toggle switch next to the original switch and all looks very OEM.

Very chuffed with my cheap mod.

Clever boy Stu - I am useless with stuff like that but I decided I was going to make my own wiring loom for the relay & inline fuse adaptor to install the new Hella Supertones....fast forward 2 hours, front of car dismantled in the driveway, crimps, sockets & screwdrivers all over the place, cardboard, instructions, horns and tasty custom bracket imported from USA.....but no markings on the rear of the horns to say which connection is live & which is ground - oh well I'll have to guess. Tried the horn, dead as a dodo. switched the connections over, dead as a dodo..WTF. Need to pick up my daughter so reassemble front of car, put everything away, drive off with no mworking horns. Get back and decide I'm not going to be defeated. Dismantle front of car again and check all of my wiring and decide it's probably my shite crimping skills and probably best to call my mate who's a wizz. But before I do I open the inline fuse adaptor and pull out the 15 amp fuse and lo and behold it is blown. Replace fuse and horns work perfectly. Embarassed

Every day is a learning day Laughing
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors    Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyFri 14 Jun - 21:22

Any pics?
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors    Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyFri 14 Jun - 21:33

I could do with being able to tuck its ears away when working in town!! Good idea!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
stualex

stualex

PostSubject: Re: Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors    Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyFri 14 Jun - 21:37

Happy to lend a hand to any member who wants to do this, its pretty straight forward and definately worth doing. Wish I'd done it on my previous impreza's.
Back to top Go down
leeandjude

leeandjude

PostSubject: Re: Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors    Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyFri 14 Jun - 21:39

that sounds cool! D owant to do that to my FTO? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stualex

stualex

PostSubject: Re: Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors    Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  EmptyFri 14 Jun - 21:41

Don't FTO's already do that or have I just fallen into a trap of sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors    Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors  Empty

Back to top Go down

Just wired in some folding JDM mirrors
Page 1 of 1