North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos

Go down 
+7
discodaz
natski
StickT
Jonny Gav
leeandjude
mark78
garyblake
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
garyblake

garyblake

Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos Empty
PostSubject: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 17:16

Well started car drove 1 mile to cash point came back to see smoke come out engine bay poped hood seen cables burnning behind were top mount intercooler was fitted on grabbed fire exstingisher sprayed cables unhook battey and stopped it

Any advice can you buy engine harness or no good electricion

Last edited by garyblake on Fri 21 Jun - 17:37; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mark78

mark78

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 17:17

good job you spotted bud
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/mark.hepper
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 17:29

Yep brakedown guy said I was very lucky full car never when up 

now just got find wete started from and how much to fit :-( 
Back to top Go down
mark78

mark78

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 17:44

something could or rubbed through the wires bud.
fin might have a new wire harness for you
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/mark.hepper
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 17:46

Thanks will ask him
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 20:33

Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos Null-27
Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos Null-28
Back to top Go down
leeandjude

leeandjude

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 20:49

ooo not nice! can it be repaired or new loom?
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 20:50

Yep Not sure mate
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 21:29

You should be able to replace the loom but its not a small job, looks like the intercooler pipe work is to blame from those photos.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 21:46

No probs who could do it jonnygav
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 21:48

Finn, Drew etc...
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 21:55

I May have a spare harness ...

No luck with this car have you!!
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptySun 16 Jun - 22:04

Nope none lol

thank matefigers crossed would be life saver
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyMon 17 Jun - 16:42

Mate any luck with harness :-)
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyMon 17 Jun - 17:27

Jesus Gary your a very lucky guy catching that bud. looks like this car I going to be a complete money pit mate get the harness sorted and get rid..
Well that's what I would do anyway Shocked
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyMon 17 Jun - 17:31

Dash coming out tomaz to find out we're started going try fix it not selling it mate just bought new injectors and trying to sort out ecu and mapping c what happens
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyMon 17 Jun - 18:03

natski wrote:
Jesus Gary your a very lucky guy catching that bud. looks like this car I going to be a complete money pit mate get the harness sorted and get rid..

No you wouldn't, you would talk about it for a year then change your mind monthly lol!
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyMon 17 Jun - 19:02

You were gonna buy it nat!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyMon 17 Jun - 19:13

Im sure he will be looking for another one by end week befor you ask im not selling it Razz

dint no who to ring yesterday at 7am so rang garage next to mine who mot my car and he pick it up and arange a electicion to take look so find out from there but more than likely will have to beg drew finn or andykindon to help
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyMon 17 Jun - 20:11

Jonny Gav wrote:
natski wrote:

No you wouldn't, you would talk about it for a year then change your mind monthly lol!

No I would get rid of antything that could compromise the safety of my family or my ability to be able to get to work without a second thought..
Shocked

Last edited by natski on Mon 17 Jun - 20:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyMon 17 Jun - 20:12

discodaz wrote:
You were gonna buy it nat!!

No Daz that was a different one m8
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyMon 17 Jun - 20:16

For the record I'm keeping my bad boy, I have stopped looking at classics because of shit like what has happened to Gary and I'm going to be spending another couple of Gs on it this year fook it you only live once lol Very Happy

Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos Null-62

Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyMon 17 Jun - 20:46

Does the gaffer know this bud .
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyThu 20 Jun - 22:41

Well car dash been striped and the harness has rubbed the bulkhead and spark been to auto electric it sparked along the back of dash and engine bulkhead so going cost a lot to fix so had to cancel my mapping :-(

Well lest I got my injectors phaze 1 440 and phaze 2 440 with adapter for phase 1

I guess it was just luck of draw
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos EmptyFri 21 Jun - 1:57

can you not just chop out the damaged bit of the harness & splice in a new section rather than fitting a whole new harness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos   Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos Empty

Back to top Go down

Close shave engine harnes fire 7am on way to nissan photos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next