North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
NBO feedback thread  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
NBO feedback thread  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
NBO feedback thread  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
NBO feedback thread  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
NBO feedback thread  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
NBO feedback thread  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
NBO feedback thread  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
NBO feedback thread  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
NBO feedback thread  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

NBO feedback thread

Go down 
+10
kempy85
Revolution
DAZ.STI
easby
natski
discodaz
andyden71
stevep360
oggy
Lordharding
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lordharding

NBO feedback thread  Empty
PostSubject: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyTue 2 Jul - 20:48

I'm still on writing up the show report but what I'm looking for is feedback
Good or bad
A few basics

It's costs £1100 to host the show so we won't be paying for stunt drivers or celebrities to open it as I would rather give the money to charity

We rely so much on our main sponser Oliver and the traders without that the NBO could not exist as I'm committed to charity

Venue is well tested central for the majority and has facilities on site

We can't camp due to H&S and security but
We might have the use of lodges in the future as LV are going to be building camping lodges and extended the pub in the wood so that might be great for those wanting a long break

2 day show
We would double our costs so not sure if it's a goer ?

Inviting over car clubs we had 3 non Subaru clubs which worked well
Expansion on these ?

Traders
I've given up after 11 years still just a handful and we charge just £50 yet they all do well
No idea we should charge £2500+ vat like max power we have tried many things to attract them even using total impreza sales force yet still nothing

Food we get a donation of the burger van which is nice

Club stand judgeing
I had the same top five as the 14 independant judges so really pleased they know what to look for and ,marking is witnessed by 3 independents

Car of the day

Overrun slightly this year as such a high standard of cars in the 4 classes
Dont think we have time for any more classes and all 4 are well atended

Judges all experienced and committed And mixture of clubs and independents

Prizes for winning Classs
I would rather gave money to the charity which is our main aim

think that's about it any other comments please let us have them

Add your thoughts or of you want to let rip without others knowing as most love the show plead pm me I've emptied my pm box ans we need your comments for the next NBO meeting
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyTue 2 Jul - 21:23

Hi I thought personally it was a great day ,well run, many clubs and a lot of cars just keep doing what you are doing ,if I had to say anything negative it would be what you have already said and that's the lack of more traders, I think they are onto a winner if you are only charging £50.00,but anyway well done and another great day ,thanks .Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyTue 2 Jul - 22:26

A few things I can say is that there just wasn't enough going on around the open spaces, lack of traders which you already mentioned and to be honest I thought, given the income that the Revolution Motorstore gets from the Subaru community, not just on the day, but all year round that their own "store" was particularly poorly equipped/displayed. The small trader stall close by was selling the same stuff at half the price of Revolution. Lots of NESF members picked up bargains from there. £50 for a trader to open on the day is a pittance really and with the primary beneficiary being a charity you would think that these traders would be more than willing to stump up a few more quid.

On the show & shine arena I really think the new age class needs to be split up as there were just too many cars in that class, compared to classic and MY08 onwards - it would be interesting to know what the judging criteria were for the 14 judges or if you picked the same top 5 as they did can you tell us why? For example, I was a bit surprised that Locky's Hydrotek car didn't make the top 5 - just my opinion of course but I am not a judge of any years experience? Just interested to know what their criteria were?

Last but not least thanks for an awesome event and I really appreciate the amount of hard work you and your team put into it. Perhaps needs a bit more publicity and a marketing strategy well in advance of the actual event. Maybe you should try and involve some of the other forums in your efforts to attract traders and donations rather than trying to manage it all by yourselves. I am sure that there are some very well connected members across the various forums with contacts in the motor trade, etc that would be willing to donate services or provide free publicity. I personally feel the choice of charity is always key - great choice this year by the way.

Mario
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyTue 2 Jul - 22:38

Marietto wrote:
A few things I can say is that there just wasn't enough going on around the open spaces, lack of traders which you already mentioned and to be honest I thought, given the income that the Revolution Motorstore gets from the Subaru community, not just on the day, but all year round that their own "store" was particularly poorly equipped/displayed. The small trader stall close by was selling the same stuff at half the price of Revolution. Lots of NESF members picked up bargains from there. £50 for a trader to open on the day is a pittance really and with the primary beneficiary being a charity you would think that these traders would be more than willing to stump up a few more quid.

Mario

I know for a fact that revolution didnt take much stock as last year they took around £200 in total, and out of that they paid money to attend, travel costs and staff costs, so the Subaru community are only to blame as if it were my business I wouldn't attend as its simply not cost affective. So hats off that thye turned up to support it.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyTue 2 Jul - 22:52

i agree with mario was a great day bugeye hawkeye ect groups could have been split in 2 like the classics where. but apart from that credit to everyone involed in the organistion and running of the event.
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyTue 2 Jul - 23:03

I am guessing if people could camp then you would get more people from further afield, be interesting to find out how much other venues with camping would cost
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyTue 2 Jul - 23:07

stevep360 wrote:
Marietto wrote:

Mario

I know for a fact that revolution didnt take much stock as last year they took around £200 in total, and out of that they paid money to attend, travel costs and staff costs, so the Subaru community are only to blame as if it were my business I wouldn't attend as its simply not cost affective. So hats off that thye turned up to support it.

Sorry Steve but I don't agree with you - The day was for a cancer charity and it's called giving back to the community - if they can afford to build that car and stick a £70K pricetag on it, the costs they incurred on the day with a turnover like there's aren't going to bankrupt them. Correct they didn't have to go. But they chose to - so if you are a high profile company such as their's then make an effort. The car wasn't even clean! Just look at the threads on NESF and look at the hard work, effort and money people spent getting their cars ready for this event - those are the people who should be getting hats taken off to them and I for one will take my hat off to every one of the 76 NESF members that did so.

I do agree that the Subaru community should do more to attract other sponsors, etc as detailed in the rest of my post - perhaps that's where the efforts need to be concentrated rather than jumping to the defence of a trader who attended - it wasn't just a pop at Revolution, just an observation as an attendee. Don't forget most of us Joe Bloggs with day jobs invested our own time and our own wages filling our cars with V-Power, donating to get in, buying raffle tickets, paying to enter show & shine. The fact they only took £200 may have something to do with the other trader selling same/similar items for half the price they were. That is a fact and no sympathy from me there.

Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyTue 2 Jul - 23:21

I agree with Mario,It's basically an advert for them for there target audience and there was not much to choose from! Me personally if I was in that sort of trade I would be at all the shows with as much as possible as its the bread and butter for the business, loads of People commented on the lack of choice and pricing but at least they turned up! A few other traders did not even bother, personally I enjoyed myself but think the Nissan show was way better!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyTue 2 Jul - 23:55

John

Firstly - the lodges?  - Have Lightwater Valley been given planning permission as I know previously they have been turned down for the caravan park/lodges - why I don't know as I think it would be a great idea to have that facility down there - similarly to Flamingo land (who by the way probably could accommodate us all in one of their fields and allow us to camp/caravan if required).

I also was not happy at our members being quizzed about the food arrangements and then myself being chewed at regarding the takings etc.

I decided to set up the food for the purpose of making it easier for OUR club members to attend - it wasn't a public thing and the food was only available to our members and their families/guests.

I purchased all of the food/drinks with the sole intention of supplying affordable food so our members and their families/guests could attend the show without having to worry about spending an arm and a leg on food & drinks from the refreshment vans, which charge exorbitant prices.

I also made it clear to everyone who chose to participate that the food would be sold at a reasonable price and that my costs would be reimbursed and anything left over I would personally send to Cancer Research (which is after all the bigger umbrella of your favoured charity this year Prostate Cancer - but will also help women & children) and everyone was perfectly happy with this arrangement.

The whole aim was not a money making effort but to help people to be able to attend without feeling they would have to pay out alot of money for food and drink - and this probably freed up monies they could afford to buy raffle tickets/donate as well.

I was grilled (no pun intended) about where past year's monies had gone and where this money was going, who would I pay it to and how much will it be etc etc and it went on and on and on - I have witnesses to this fact.

I hadn't worked out the whole of the costs until I got home, so I was unable to say what sort of money would be free for charity until I knew how much was taken and deducted the costs (receipts all present to prove to anyone who would like to see how much money was spent - and I used cash and carries to buy the foods/drinks/bread or the outlay would have been much more and less money would have been available to charity).

It was NOT on the way I was treated and I am not happy about it, I was made to feel as though I was in the wrong for not giving the money over - when in reality it was already planned to go to Cancer Research as did the money we raised with the small BBQ we had at the Revolution meet.

I managed to achieve what I set out to do and to be honest we all worked damned hard providing the food for people - I didn't even leave the food and have a look around the field/show and Ange/Anth who were  helping only managed about 15mins away.

At the end of the day we managed to raise £72.86 and I think that is really good considering it really was a by-product and I am sure it will go to good use by Cancer Research.

The NBO stickers we were also told were 'copyright' (how I don't know because they were our design and for our club only) - 50% of the sale of the stickers went into the charity funds - only costs were taken for the vinyl used by Lee.

As you know we are a non-profit club and we do not hold funds. We do not charge members and we do not generate profit from anything we sell or do and if we manage it as a by-product it gets given to charity - nobody is paid for what they do either.

Nic
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 0:19

Marietto wrote:
Sorry Steve but I don't agree with you - The day was for a cancer charity and it's called giving back to the community - if they can afford to build that car and stick a £70K pricetag on it, the costs they incurred on the day with a turnover like there's aren't going to bankrupt them. Correct they didn't have to go. But they chose to - so if you are a high profile company such as their's then make an effort..

Don't see what thats got to do with the level of stock Revolution took which seems to be what your unhappy with. They paid their fee to get in which I assume went to charity so what they chose to bring on the day is up to them. No point in bringin loads of stock if in previous years it didnt sell.

Marietto wrote:
The car wasn't even clean! Just look at the threads on NESF and look at the hard work, effort and money people spent getting their cars ready for this event - those are the people who should be getting hats taken off to them and I for one will take my hat off to every one of the 76 NESF members that did so.

So what if the car was dirty, its not a garage queen and it was driven there, just like it was driven to the ring with minimal spares and back. It was hardly a show and shine anyway, the judges were checking the wheel arches, so you may aswell trailer the car there like some of the Ferrari concours events I have been to in the past, its lost the enthusiast feel. You saw what won, and many have complained or given their views, yourself included.

Marietto wrote:
I do agree that the Subaru community should do more to attract other sponsors, etc as detailed in the rest of my post - perhaps that's where the efforts need to be concentrated rather than jumping to the defence of a trader who attended - it wasn't just a pop at Revolution, just an observation as an attendee.

Or maybe concentrating efforts instead of bad mouthing one of the few traders that actually turned up. I didn't see many of the other leading traders making an effort to go, which if they had would have given eveyone more choice and more money to charity. Guessing this is why there is few traders at NBO. If people aint happy with their presence, the stock they decide to bring or their pricing, whats the point in going. If it was my company next year I would just stay in bed as they have been constantly bad mouthed after the NBO and I bet no-one had the balls to tell them to their face.

Marietto wrote:
Don't forget most of us Joe Bloggs with day jobs invested our own time and our own wages filling our cars with V-Power, donating to get in, buying raffle tickets, paying to enter show & shine. The fact they only took £200 may have something to do with the other trader selling same/similar items for half the price they were. That is a fact and no sympathy from me there.

Get an LPG conversion then. lol Laughing  I'm sure everyone donated the same, but you have answered your own question, buy from the other trader or whoever you are most comfortable with. Revolution have attended the NBO since it started which is more than probably all the other traders and the majority of owners so I find it difficult to accept your comments about them not supporting NBO's charities or putting their hand in their pockets. Its hardly a great way of attracting other traders, you just need to look at how many of the big names still post on scoobynet. Its just not worth the internet hassle anymore. Sad but true. Not trying to get a rise, being devils advocate, just saying.

Why don't you start asking where scoobyclinic was, RCM, ASP, Scoobyspares, Scoobyworld etc etc as your argument would apply to them all except they didn't bother to get off their backsides and turn up.

Not looking for an argument just trying to figure out what the bad blood is with Revolution of late. And that was probably my longest post to date. Thank you and goodnight Laughing
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 1:50

John I can honestly say that I thought it was a great day out traders or no traders. In fact I'm glad there was nothing that cought my eye because I had spent over £1000 on the car already last week Shocked

There's always the Internet for buying whatever you could possibly want at any time 24/7
It's not the traders that make a good show its the people who attend and I found everyone that I spoke to was extremely friendly and more than happy to talk about their cars, what they had done, what their future plans are and that to me is what car shows are all about Very Happy

It was also nice to see that the Scottish guys and the welsh made the effort to come all the way down/up to attend and they had some cracking motors to show off too Smile

I do deffo think that the newage category in the show and shine should be split into bugs,blobs,hawks and sharks because there are so many of them nowadays and the classics are dying fast.

For example:: There was a lovely S202 that I spotted the thing had done about 17000 miles and it was like it had just came out of the factory if there was a bug contest I think it would of been very close between that and Lockys car for sure 1st and 2nd place ( well it would if I was a judge anyway)

As Nic has stated our BBQ was a great way to provide further donations to cancer research and to provide the members of NESF and their families a cheaper option of food there was a vote on this via PM to every member of the club and we all agreed that rather than just chip in for the food sell it at a discounted price and donate the profits to cancer research. I myself thought this was an extremely good idea and wasn't aware that there was any kind of problem in us doing that until I read the post by Nic above and I'm quite shocked about it to be honest Sad

Apart from that it was a great event and the choice of charity was superb well done Lordy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 2:09

natski wrote:
John I can honestly say that I thought it was a great day out traders or no traders. In fact I'm glad there was nothing that cought my eye because I had spent over £1000 on the car already last week Shocked

There's always the Internet for buying whatever you could possibly want at any time 24/7
It's not the traders that make a good show its the people who attend and I found everyone that I spoke to was extremely friendly and more than happy to talk about their cars, what they had done, what their future plans are and that to me is what car shows are all about Very Happy

Exactly what the NBO is all about Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy great post nat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 8:26

stevep360 wrote:
Marietto wrote:
Sorry Steve but I don't agree with you - The day was for a cancer charity and it's called giving back to the community - if they can afford to build that car and stick a £70K pricetag on it, the costs they incurred on the day with a turnover like there's aren't going to bankrupt them. Correct they didn't have to go. But they chose to - so if you are a high profile company such as their's then make an effort..

Don't see what thats got to do with the level of stock Revolution took which seems to be what your unhappy with. They paid their fee to get in which I assume went to charity so what they chose to bring on the day is up to them. No point in bringin loads of stock if in previous years it didnt sell.

Marietto wrote:
The car wasn't even clean! Just look at the threads on NESF and look at the hard work, effort and money people spent getting their cars ready for this event - those are the people who should be getting hats taken off to them and I for one will take my hat off to every one of the 76 NESF members that did so.

So what if the car was dirty, its not a garage queen and it was driven there, just like it was driven to the ring with minimal spares and back. It was hardly a show and shine anyway, the judges were checking the wheel arches, so you may aswell trailer the car there like some of the Ferrari concours events I have been to in the past, its lost the enthusiast feel. You saw what won, and many have complained or given their views, yourself included.

Marietto wrote:
I do agree that the Subaru community should do more to attract other sponsors, etc as detailed in the rest of my post - perhaps that's where the efforts need to be concentrated rather than jumping to the defence of a trader who attended - it wasn't just a pop at Revolution, just an observation as an attendee.

Or maybe concentrating efforts instead of bad mouthing one of the few traders that actually turned up. I didn't see many of the other leading traders making an effort to go, which if they had would have given eveyone more choice and more money to charity. Guessing this is why there is few traders at NBO. If people aint happy with their presence, the stock they decide to bring or their pricing, whats the point in going. If it was my company next year I would just stay in bed as they have been constantly bad mouthed after the NBO and I bet no-one had the balls to tell them to their face.

Marietto wrote:
Don't forget most of us Joe Bloggs with day jobs invested our own time and our own wages filling our cars with V-Power, donating to get in, buying raffle tickets, paying to enter show & shine. The fact they only took £200 may have something to do with the other trader selling same/similar items for half the price they were. That is a fact and no sympathy from me there.

Get an LPG conversion then. lol  Laughing   I'm sure everyone donated the same, but you have answered your own question, buy from the other trader or whoever you are most comfortable with. Revolution have attended the NBO since it started which is more than probably all the other traders and the majority of owners so I find it difficult to accept your comments about them not supporting NBO's charities or putting their hand in their pockets. Its hardly a great way of attracting other traders, you just need to look at how many of the big names still post on scoobynet. Its just not worth the internet hassle anymore. Sad but true. Not trying to get a rise, being devils advocate, just saying.

Why don't you start asking where scoobyclinic was, RCM, ASP, Scoobyspares, Scoobyworld etc etc as your argument would apply to them all except they didn't bother to get off their backsides and turn up.

Not looking for an argument just trying to figure out what the bad blood is with Revolution of late. And that was probably my longest post to date. Thank you and goodnight Laughing

Nice Ninja edit there Steve from your original 3 lines Laughing - must have been grating on you to re-edit your original post to dissecting my response at 2 o' clock in the morning!

The title of this thread was "NBO Feedback Thread - and I gave my honest indivdual feedback and opinion - to which I am entitled. Don't also forget this is my first NBO and my opinion is based solely on that 1 experience. I am not on the organising committe, so am not really qualified to comment on the other traders you have singled out who weren't present, as I don't even know if they were invited? (although I would assume that they were).

I don't have any "bad blood" or any axe to grind with Revolution whatsoever -I've never purchased anything from them since I have owned this particular Subaru and have only been to their premises twice briefly - once to say hello to Natski and briefly on the NESF Revolution club day. I am sure they are a very nice bunch of diamond geezers Laughing I probably would have purchased from them as I do 99.9% of my buying online and their webstore hasn't been updated in the time I have been a member on here - but rest assured Revolution Motorstore has been in my internet favourites folder since I have owned the car Very Happy  ....and I regularly visit the site to see if it has been updated!

Very Happy - LPG conversion - clearly you don't know me that well...yet. I regularly give parts I replace on my car away for free to NESF members and if you come to mine any weekend you will find many members getting the cars cleaned or parts fitted or headlights in my oven or whatever - I have never taken a penny off anyone as I don't really give a toss about money or the expense - life's too short and I have been through enough personal trauma in my own life to reinforce my beliefs and I just enjoy helping people out anyway. As long as I can pay the bills and my kids are safe and healthy, that's enough for me - anything else is a bonus.

Again - I based the couple of things I said about Revolution on my own personal experience on the day at this single event - I am not aware of them "being constantly badmouthed after the NBO" as I don't spend my time searching the internet or other forums for anybody else's opinions just to jump on the bandwagon. I am old enough to make up my own mind and opinion.

I've never been to a show & shine so I was just asking what the judging criteria were - I am not that bothered about winning, just curious to know what they look at/inspect to make a judgement?

Anyway mate - I think we have taken up this thread with too much back and forth on Revolution already, when really it was for people's personal feedback - as I think we could keep this one going and it's best put to bed really, so other people can give their own personal opinions!

Thank you and good day Laughing Laughing 

Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 8:36

I'm also disgusted to learn that Nic was grilled behind the seen about the food I took my brother and his young son with me who dosnt own a scoobie and defo dosnt have much cash so I tht the food for the Nesf members and family/friends was a great idea and raised money for the said charity I got a cheese burger a hot dog and a can of pop for half the price of 2 coffees and a can of pop from the burger van which was over £4. The non subaru catagy was very strange 2new cars won 1st and 2nd places which I thought was a little unfair as I would expect good clean cars from a newish one the E reg Porsche 944 and the Pontiac really had no chance there are good used cars of about 20 years old and still looked good other than that it was a great day everyone I spoke to where friendly I walked round every group and looked at nearly every car I bought a k and n panel filter off revolution at the event I was after other stuff which they didn't have I wish there was a rolling road tuner there I would have used that.
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 9:01

Marietto wrote:
stevep360 wrote:
Marietto wrote:

Marietto wrote:

Marietto wrote:

Marietto wrote:

Get an LPG conversion then. lol  Laughing   I'm sure everyone donated the same, but you have answered your own question, buy from the other trader or whoever you are most comfortable with. Revolution have attended the NBO since it started which is more than probably all the other traders and the majority of owners so I find it difficult to accept your comments about them not supporting NBO's charities or putting their hand in their pockets. Its hardly a great way of attracting other traders, you just need to look at how many of the big names still post on scoobynet. Its just not worth the internet hassle anymore. Sad but true. Not trying to get a rise, being devils advocate, just saying.

Nice Ninja edit there Steve from your original 3 lines Laughing - must have been grating on you to re-edit your original post to dissecting my response at 2 o' clock in the morning!

The title of this thread was "NBO Feedback Thread - and I gave my honest indivdual feedback and opinion - to which I am entitled. Don't also forget this is my first NBO and my opinion is based solely on that 1 experience. I am not on the organising committe, so am not really qualified to comment on the other traders you have singled out who weren't present, as I don't even know if they were invited? (although I would assume that they were).

I don't have any "bad blood" or any axe to grind with Revolution whatsoever -I've never purchased anything from them since I have owned this particular Subaru and have only been to their premises twice briefly - once to say hello to Natski and briefly on the NESF Revolution club day. I am sure they are a very nice bunch of diamond geezers Laughing I probably would have purchased from them as I do 99.9% of my buying online and their webstore hasn't been updated in the time I have been a member on here - but rest assured Revolution Motorstore has been in my internet favourites folder since I have owned the car Very Happy  ....and I regularly visit the site to see if it has been updated!

Very Happy - LPG conversion - clearly you don't know me that well...yet. I regularly give parts I replace on my car away for free to NESF members and if you come to mine any weekend you will find many members getting the cars cleaned or parts fitted or headlights in my oven or whatever - I have never taken a penny off anyone as I don't really give a toss about money or the expense - life's too short and I have been through enough personal trauma in my own life to reinforce my beliefs and I just enjoy helping people out anyway. As long as I can pay the bills and my kids are safe and healthy, that's enough for me - anything else is a bonus.

Again - I based the couple of things I said about Revolution on my own personal experience on the day at this single event - I am not aware of them "being constantly badmouthed after the NBO" as I don't spend my time searching the internet or other forums for anybody else's opinions just to jump on the bandwagon. I am old enough to make up my own mind and opinion.

I've never been to a show & shine so I was just asking what the judging criteria were - I am not that bothered about winning, just curious to know what they look at/inspect to make a judgement?

Anyway mate - I think we have taken up this thread with too much back and forth on Revolution already, when really it was for people's personal feedback - as I think we could keep this one going and it's best put to bed really, so other people can give their own personal opinions!

Thank you and good day Laughing Laughing 

It was quiet on nightshift last night and reworded a few times as didn't wanna come across as harsh. Yeah few sh1tty threads going on scoobynet too, I just know I wouldn't be happy if it was my company as word quickly spreads on the tinternet
Back to top Go down
easby

easby

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 9:10

Well it was my 1st NBO and I can say really enjoyed it.
But I am shocked at Nic's post regarding the food and grief she received, as what our club arranged benefitted everyone. Also what's the crack about copyright? come on!!
Prices the ONE food van yes ONE food van charged were expensive.
The price for traders to attend I think is excellent if I had know that I would have put a stand on myself. £50 for days advertising/trading is a steal in my book and if more trades were aware of the cost I am sure they would attend.
Just my thoughts & sorry to Nic and gang.
But was a great day out though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arebags.co.uk
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 9:20

yea i got pulled my a woman selling nbo stickers and when i told her we all had them she jumped straight on the "well you do know its copyright" bandwagon!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
easby

easby

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 9:25

ehh our stickers are NESF not NBO can she not read ha ha lol
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 9:28

Just want to throw my two penneth in, for what it's worth.

My first NBO and although I was unable to drive on the day, my mate took me and my car down, and gave his 11yr old son a great day out. Some amazing cars on show, and to be honest as was amazed at the standard! I truly did not know what to expect?

Cars should definitely be split, Classics, Bugs, Blobs, Hawks, Sharks, as it is quite unfair to judge a 9yr old car and a 4yr old in same category, and that goes for all models, (the older they get-the harder the up keep) that's the cars by the way.

The traders should be ashamed, as this was the NORTHERN BIG ONE, BIG being the operable word, not a Saxo car park meet at Tesco (no offence Saxo boys n girls). I'm sure a hell of a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to attract these traders, and if it wasn't for us petrol nutters spending everything we earn, THEY wouldn't have a trade!
With this being a static event, then power wasn't really on show (al la' TOTB) so the emphasis was on Show n Shine side of this and the effort put in by all OWNERS was second to none.
Can detailing companies MAKE THE EFFORT next year, the only way us owners are going to get a good deal is by competition in the market for products, final word on this, The NBO should be used by traders for good PR and business for the future and not a profit on the day.

Food! Nic, only met you a couple of times and I apologise to the other members helping on the day as I do not know everyone's name, BUT take NO NOTICE of anyone questioning you about money/funds etc, you did an amazing job on the day, not least before the day, shopping/petrol/your time and money, I'm appalled anyone could question you and the team, tell them to **** *ff, obviously worried you were cutting into their profit on the day.

I am aware this was/is a car show, but maybe next year bouncy castle/carousel for the kids, nothing to big, just adds to the atmosphere, sure H+S will have something to say about that.

An all day DJ (summer festival style) would also improve the ambiance.

All the above are only my opinions and not intended to insult or offend anyone, as I am aware there will be a lot of hard work goes into this event for months, and well done to all concerned, I for one will make a bigger effort next year to the NESF effort if its needed.

GREAT DAY, GREAT EVENT, GREAT PEOPLE, but their is always room for improvement in all walks of life:tongue:
Back to top Go down
easby

easby

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 9:56

Daz.sti perfect.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 10:08

I don't go on scoobynet so I can't comment any I thought it was a great day full stop I enjoyed it very much so did my 8 year old nephew
Back to top Go down
Revolution

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 10:51

Hi All

First, just want to say that we really enjoyed the NBO this year, again, hope everyone had a good show.

Big thanks to John and all involved in organising the event - lot of hard work must go into this and we can appreciate it must be quite a task!!

With regards to our stand, car and offerings on the day...Mmm, where do we start...

We have attended the NBO every year since its inception and had a trade stand all but 2 of these years. Can't think of another trader who has done this, some have come and gone and been the flavour of the month but who else was there on Sunday???
In the early days we had a larger tent, took more members of staff, more stock and hired Transit vans to carry it all in. Over the years we have come to realise that stock just wasnt selling, even at crazy prices.

Last year (as Steve touched on) we took approx £200.00 on the day.
Take off the cost of the stand, the cost of the prize we gave, the raffle prize, the staff wages, fuel to get the 1x car, 1x 4x4 with a (hired) trailer towing the demo car and food etc and you start to wonder whether it is worth getting out of bed at 6.00 in the morning to drive there just to come back and read on a forum that you were too expensive, not enough to choose from etc etc.
To be honest, we did consider not attending this year due, but thought, we love seeing all the customers and cars in one place and if we sell a little a long the way its a bonus.
We took with us (to save money) a people carrier full of product and most of us thought this was too much stock - we log what we sell each year so have a record of what we actually sell and what we get asked for so we can try and judge stock levels the best way possible.

We sold a hell of a lot more than last year and again priced it at silly prices, a lot of it less than cost price, so we must have done something right?

Our demo car has been away for that last few weeks getting a new exhaust manufactured by Milltek and then it was shipped on to ABW in Essex for the rear arches to be tidied up, had a full correction detail & we only really got the car back on Friday.

It is not a trailer queen so it was driven down on Sunday morning, we did clean inside on Saturday and give it a quick once over on Sunday morning but we also had the job of erecting a stall, products to put out and price up etc etc...and it rained a little throughout the day.
If a non perfectly turned out car is a crime, then we're guilty your honour..
Very Happy 

With regards to how much the stands costs and prizes given etc, we are charged a fee and we pay, but each year we are asked for the money before 9am when we are setting up shop - I think it would be better to come and ask traders for it later in the afternoon and if they've had a better day we would at least double it!

We don't as a rule do trade stands at car shows as we all work 6 days a week as it is - but we always do the NBO as we love the crack from customers old and new and having a mooch around the field looking at the weird and wonderful Subarus on show each year.

Seriously considering our future at this event as its comes to a lot when you have to come onto a forum and defend ourselves for trying to help out with a local event and yet our family and kids are also giving us grief for not spending time with them also....guess we can't win
Sad 

Thanks

Keith

Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 11:15

I thought your stand was the best their with enough product and the option to order.
And a awesome specamine of a Subaru good show boys

In my opinion you pay for wot you get from revolution.
I've never thought twice about quallity or price of product

Excellent show

Cheers aaron
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 11:29

Nice post Keith, wished I could have worded my post like that. I feel for you guys, I can only echo Kempys comments, you have maintained all 3 of the subaru's I have owned including my 600bhp car without any issues. Hope to see you there next year
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  EmptyWed 3 Jul - 11:30

I got my k and n filter of revolution (Keith) and at a great price not much there but what was there was at a good fair price
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBO feedback thread    NBO feedback thread  Empty

Back to top Go down

NBO feedback thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next