North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

That headlight stuff on marshffs

Go down 
+7
leeandjude
SG03RRZ
StickT
Steviedoo
kgt
discodaz
djmarksmith
11 posters
AuthorMessage
djmarksmith

djmarksmith

That headlight stuff on marshffs  Empty
PostSubject: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 20:55

I had a good look at NBO at his headlights and they looked awesome, what is that stuff he has on his headlights. I have seen it before i think on car windows and used for advertising but its see through if im right

well cool
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 20:57

Fly eyes?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
djmarksmith

djmarksmith

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 21:05

Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 21:30

That's Steviedoos car actually and I think it is fly eyes looking at the hole detail.
Back to top Go down
djmarksmith

djmarksmith

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 21:42

Its very cool, will be trying to get some of that i think

My bug JDM's are a little faded so a quick machine polish and fly eyes should sort them out
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 21:59

The other thing I've been looking at is something called lamin-x that some of the RS boys have started using. Apparently one or two had lights crack with fly eyes but I couldn't find any explanation of why. Perhaps expansion / contraction issues but I'm still looking for more info before I commit. Lights still tend to be one of the more expensive things on the motor.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 22:32

Here you go this is the stuff

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 22:42

Lads

They've stopped supplying flyeyes. Someone tried to get some the other day and they said something about new MOT rules and iot being illegal to have any material/film cover on the headlights.

There isn't any reason for the flyeyes to crack headlights keith. It's just stretchy vinyl honeycomb film. You can get stuff off ebay but I had that first and it doesn't stretch like the genuine flyeyes film. It is much more brittle and when you stretch it, it tears.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 22:48

Marietto wrote:
Lads

They've stopped supplying flyeyes. Someone tried to get some the other day and they said something about new MOT rules and iot being illegal to have any material/film cover on the headlights.

There isn't any reason for the flyeyes to crack headlights keith. It's just stretchy vinyl honeycomb film. You can get stuff off ebay but I had that first and it doesn't stretch like the genuine flyeyes film. It is much more brittle and when you stretch it, it tears.

I was told by my MOT tester that they were legal as the rules state they have to let a certain amount of light through and not alter the shape of the beam which the fly eyes kit does not, he has to put it down on the advisory list just to say there is a product covering the lense but it also says on advisory that this does not affect the the effectiveness of the beam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 22:51

Steviedoo wrote:
Marietto wrote:
Lads

I was told by my MOT tester that they were legal as the rules state they have to let a certain amount of light through and not alter the shape of the beam which the fly eyes kit does not, he has to put it down on the advisory list just to say there is a product covering the lense but it also says on advisory that this does not affect the the effectiveness of the beam.

Nice one mate - obviously a very sympathetic MOT Tester Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
djmarksmith

djmarksmith

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 22:53

Unless you know the MOT tester i can see many arguments with them about the legality of it

Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 22:56

If it covers 50% or more of the lense then its a fail.

They are clamping down on MOT testers/stations now big style - As I found out on Thursday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 23:14

Bad news for us modified cars
Back to top Go down
leeandjude

leeandjude

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptySun 7 Jul - 23:14

I have used fly eyes before and it is good stuff but it does darken your lights a bit in winter. I have lamin- x on now and its way better and looks really nice. I will try and get a pic up tomorrow
Back to top Go down
mark78

mark78

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 8 Jul - 7:47

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/mark.hepper
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 8 Jul - 18:13

Deano does it too its on his zaf and the rear of my scooby Wink
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 8 Jul - 18:35

Mine passed its MOT with them. I have no problems with them at all at night either. Look really good aswel. Cheers for having a look at them mate. If you decide to get it done, dont polish over the top of them. Pain in the arsee to get it out of the holes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 8 Jul - 19:18

Marshffs wrote:
Mine passed its MOT with them. I have no problems with them at all at night either. Look really good aswel. Cheers for having a look at them mate. If you decide to get it done, dont polish over the top of them. Pain in the arsee to get it out of the holes.

Happy days mate - I hope they are as sympathetic on my back lights that have been smoke painted Smile 
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 8 Jul - 19:29

I have spider eyes in my headlights.
And legs too Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 8 Jul - 19:32

natski wrote:
And legs too Smile

Next time you are up here I will bake them for you, get rid of the spider and detango your lights Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 8 Jul - 19:49

Happy days mate - I hope they are as sympathetic on my back lights that have been smoke painted Smile [/quote]

They will have 'E' mark on back lights anyhow so they probably think they like that.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 8 Jul - 19:52

Marietto wrote:
natski wrote:
And legs too Smile

Next time you are up here I will bake them for you, get rid of the spider and detango your lights Very Happy 

Cool good idea Mazza Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 8 Jul - 19:57

De-tango????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 8 Jul - 20:30

Marshffs wrote:
De-tango????

Remove the orange lens and amber bulbs and replace with chrome bulbs that flash amber
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  EmptyMon 8 Jul - 20:31

Ahhhhh lol
Thick as monks cum me lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That headlight stuff on marshffs    That headlight stuff on marshffs  Empty

Back to top Go down

That headlight stuff on marshffs
Page 1 of 1