North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

WTF's going on with my clutch ?

Go down 
+4
mark78
Steviedoo
jonesy81
natski
8 posters
AuthorMessage
natski

natski

WTF's going on with my clutch ?   Empty
PostSubject: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 16:12

Sometimes it holds fine sometimes it slips like crazy as soon as the turbo starts blowing. Could it be my crankshaft oil seal leaking every now and again ?
In my past experience if a clutch is slipping it slips all the time until there is no drive at all. It has been doing this since I got it mapped in September last year it should be well fooked by now but it just keeps on pulling (well about 80% of the time anyway ) scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
jonesy81

jonesy81

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 17:58

Could it be running to much power for clutch that's in there mate just a thought
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 18:32

Yea it probably is but it only does it sometimes and it runs the same power all the time so it's a bit strange.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 18:41

When my clutch started to slip last year, it totally died within a week of it 1st starting to slip, can't understand how yours is still going.
Back to top Go down
mark78

mark78

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 18:54

mines the same bud doesn't slip all of the time scratch 
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/mark.hepper
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 21:14

My 5 speed started doing that, was really bad sometimes then other times nothing scratch 
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 22:05

It seems I'm not alone then.. Maybe someone who knows the crack will pop along and let us know what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Trev85

Trev85

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 22:11

Could be to much pressure on the clutch Fork from the Slave cylinder! Try pushing the fork bak towards the slave cylinder it shud go bak fairly easy!
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 22:17

Trev85 wrote:
Could be to much pressure on the clutch Fork from the Slave cylinder! Try pushing the fork bak towards the slave cylinder it shud go bak fairly easy!

Worth a try bud I will have a look tomorrow Very Happy

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Trev85

Trev85

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 22:21

For awhile on the classic I found if I was sat in traffic for awhile and engine & box got really hot it Wud slip so did a clutch fluid change and adjusted the pedal abit and it sorted it!
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 22:22

The crank seal would leak oil all time, it maybe just a small amount but if it's leak it should be obvious with drips under gearbox bell housing.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   EmptyThu 18 Jul - 22:26

Mine is doing this too hence why I have a new clutch and flywheel to go in, it is a common clutch issue when running lots of torque, if I allow the turbo to spool on part throttle it doesn't slip, if I give it full throttle from low revs in 5th on an incline it will sometimes slip, this is due to a weak pressue plate, sometimes it has enough clamping pressure to hold and sometimes it doesn't.

Fit the new clutch you have before you need a flywheel to go with it as if you keep doing this you will damage the flywheel, if you ha ent already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF's going on with my clutch ?    WTF's going on with my clutch ?   Empty

Back to top Go down

WTF's going on with my clutch ?
Page 1 of 1