North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......

Go down 
+7
hardy172
lee
andyden71
Jonny Gav
StickT
maca
Bigup1983
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bigup1983

Bigup1983

Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... Empty
PostSubject: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyMon 11 Nov - 20:29

affraid affraid 

Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... <a href=Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... Nesf" />

Where do they get the numbers from.......

I can pay it monthly if I can't afford it all in one go Razz
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyMon 11 Nov - 20:36

Shocked Shocked  JESUS!

Shop around your guaranteed to beat that price lol! 

People normally go with Keith Michael's, A Plan etc...
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyMon 11 Nov - 20:42

WOWZA!! Bargain, get it snapped up bud ASAP,
Back to top Go down
Bigup1983

Bigup1983

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyMon 11 Nov - 20:58

Nearly fell of my chair for that quote. Checked all my details aswell everything they have got is 100% correct.

Got A Plan and Keith Micheals on my to phone list, although Gary Moulson-(not sure on spelling!) is always a nightmare to get a hold of, for me anyway.

Good news is I've managed to 'shave' £27,000 off that quote so the scooby is staying cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyMon 11 Nov - 21:02

Is that Yen??? affraid 
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyMon 11 Nov - 21:13

Phone Gary at about 4.30pm and you'll get straight through Wink 
Back to top Go down
Bigup1983

Bigup1983

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyMon 11 Nov - 21:22

maca wrote:
Phone Gary at about 4.30pm and you'll get straight through Wink 
I'll try that the mora mate cheers!
Back to top Go down
Bigup1983

Bigup1983

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyMon 11 Nov - 21:26

Jonny Gav wrote:
Is that Yen??? affraid 
I hope so!!

Goggle says if it was yen it would be £180! Laughing
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyTue 12 Nov - 19:03

Jonny Gav wrote:
Is that Yen??? affraid 
Could be Turkish lira
Back to top Go down
lee

lee

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyTue 12 Nov - 19:33

Mine was the same on the hawk, I've been paying £600 then this year wanted £1300, was getting other quotes none nowhere near 600 :-0 then the tax went up I thought it's going the journey
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyTue 12 Nov - 22:22

I've just been on and got a Quote of £425 for the hatch so think I'll be leaving Kieth Michaels after 5yrs as they are wanting 800+
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyTue 12 Nov - 22:35

Keith Michaels can FRO. Piss poor customer service and not even the professional courtesy to respond to 17 phonecalls, numerous voice messages, entire spec and mods of car emailed to them (Gary Moulson) and PM'd direct to him on Scoobynet as well over the course of a whole month before my renewal. Complete waste of my time and effort. I appreciate everyone and their dog with a scoob wants a quote from him, but last time I checked that was his fookin' job! A simple, "sorry mate I am far too busy to quote you" would have done Evil or Very Mad

Instead all I got was the Tumbleweed  (Been looking for an excuse to use the tumbleweed smilie! Laughing Laughing - and that's what I got from KM - silence!)

Anyway my fully comp insurance with breakdown cover, class 1 business use, up to 15,000 miles per year, every mod declared & like for like replacement, zero compulsory or voluntary excess, legal cover & personal injury - £575 - bloody bargain. (£300 cheaper than my Sky renewal and with a boat load more benefits!)
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyTue 12 Nov - 22:41

I've had a similar thing! No calls returned just constant "hi you've reached Gary's phone I'm either on the other line or buy please leave a voicemail and I'll get back to you or please call back later!!"

Neither seem to work and always feel like it's an issue to them that I'm calling them up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyTue 12 Nov - 23:10

hardy172 wrote:
I've had a similar thing! No calls returned just constant "hi you've reached Gary's phone I'm either on the other line or buy please leave a voicemail and I'll get back to you or please call back later!!"

Neither seem to work and always feel like it's an issue to them that I'm calling them up!
Snap - he mustn't need the money!
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyTue 12 Nov - 23:42

Iv just had my insurance through its 68 quid a month on a sport ffs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyTue 12 Nov - 23:58

SG03RRZ wrote:
Maybe it's because you have a really fast exhaust? lol! 

Have you got points, how much NCB do you have, previous accidents Dave?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyWed 13 Nov - 5:19

Marietto wrote:
Keith Michaels can FRO. Piss poor customer service and not even the professional courtesy to respond to 17 phonecalls, numerous voice messages, entire spec and mods of car emailed to them (Gary Moulson) and PM'd direct to him on Scoobynet as well over the course of a whole month before my renewal. Complete waste of my time and effort. I appreciate everyone and their dog with a scoob wants a quote from him, but last time I checked that was his fookin' job! A simple, "sorry mate I am far too busy to quote you" would have done Evil or Very Mad

Instead all I got was the Tumbleweed  (Been looking for an excuse to use the tumbleweed smilie! Laughing Laughing - and that's what I got from KM - silence!

Anyway my fully comp insurance with breakdown cover, class 1 business use, up to 15,000 miles per year, every mod declared & like for like replacement, zero compulsory or voluntary excess, legal cover & personal injury - £575 - bloody bargain. (£300 cheaper than my Sky renewal and with a boat load more benefits!)
Who's this with as mines due renewal and I'm currently with KM ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyWed 13 Nov - 9:24

Paul it is with P-T-insurance. Their website quote system is fecked at the minute and they are merging with another company so it's better if I get them to call you. If you pm me your mobile I will get my contact to call you bud.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyWed 13 Nov - 10:14

Might be a good idea to put up who you are insured with and the cost just to give people an idea of who to phone for a quote etc.., this would be handy when people come to renew as I know its annoying as fook when you get a stupid renewell price Evil or Very Mad  could also put your No Claims info up aswell???

For example

Maca - Keith Michaels - 0 yrs NC - £700 - Fully Comp

Last edited by maca on Wed 13 Nov - 19:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyWed 13 Nov - 16:40

maca wrote:
Might be a good idea to put up who you are insured with and the cost just to give people an idea of who to phone for a quote etc.., this would be handy when people come to renew as I know its annoying as fook when you get a stupid renewell price Evil or Very Mad  could also put your No Claims info up aswell???

For example

Maca - Keith Michaels - 7 yrs NC - £700 - Fully Comp
To be honest mate that won't really give a very accurate indication as it will also depend on peoples ages, any convictions/speeding points, their postcode, what modifcations if any they have declared, what power they are running, security devices, where the car is kept, how many miles per year they use the car for, what excess they are paying and what other services are included such as breakdown cover, personal injury, legal protection.....and the list goes on.

I think all we can do is recommend specific insurance companies to each other when we get a good deal as everyone's personal circumstances & demographics will be different.

This is the company that insured me:

http://wecoverany.com/

They are definitely worth a try and if anybody does get a quote then put my reg in as I will get a referral £50 if you take the insurance out - any so can anybody who is a policy holder Very Happy 

Mario
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyWed 13 Nov - 19:38

To be honest Mario your right! Laughing I just couldn't be arsed to write all that! Laughing 

So, if anyone would like to say who they are insured through and then some form of list was compiled for insurance companies who insure performance cars + imports with mods etc (scoobies Very Happy ) at decent prices it would make a good sticky for individuals searching for competitive insurance prices, just an idea Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyWed 13 Nov - 19:45

maca wrote:
To be honest Mario your right! Laughing I just couldn't be arsed to write all that! Laughing 

So, if anyone would like to say who they are insured through and then some form of list was compiled for insurance companies who insure performance cars + imports with mods etc (scoobies Very Happy ) at decent prices it would make a good sticky for individuals searching for competitive insurance prices, just an idea Wink
lol!  You are right too thought mate - it would be a useful sticky, but it is such a moving target and not an exact science as the insurance mofos will give you a great deal 1st year and then wonder why you look elsewhere when your renewal premium never seems to get lower!

They use the excuse every year that insurance premium tax is getting raised by the government and that is why they have to increase premiums - load of bollox, just like fuel duty and the resulting price of fuel in the UK - they make it up as they go along to screw the populous!! w@nkers the lot of them Evil or Very Mad 

Think I am going to have to ban myself for being so sweary tonight! lol! 
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyWed 13 Nov - 19:55

lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyWed 13 Nov - 22:14

Marietto wrote:
SG03RRZ wrote:
Maybe it's because you have a really fast exhaust? lol! 

Have you got points, how much NCB do you have, previous accidents Dave?

Sorry for the late reply mario: donno about the fast exhaust, a fat exhaust yes lol .
Got no points (fook knows how) 3 years complete and 2 accidents one I was at fault. 1 I was the poor helpless victim. Think its more because of my line of work tbh
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... EmptyWed 13 Nov - 23:46

Mine is £40 a month Dave from Privilage, try them next time you insure your Sport.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......   Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Well Insurance time.....Might have to sell up......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next