North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

New age sti immobiliser keypad info!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

New age sti immobiliser keypad info! Empty
PostSubject: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 19:01

Did a bit of research yesterday and found out some info on what the keypad does.

This thing!
New age sti immobiliser keypad info! Null_zps41c3fc03

So originally I thought it was just for if the battery ran out on the key fob the immobiliser could still be deactivated via the required pin code....but as it turns out it does more!  I have tried some of these features so I now have auto locking activated and lock/unlock beep activated Cool
I've only added what I thought people might use/be interested in below but it can also be used to reprogram keys and can be used for fault finding......enjoy!!

The Sigma M30 alarm system has many more features than you may be aware of. The standard Subaru fitted system has the majority of these features switched off for simplicity and to conform to European legislation. Just to let you know what can be done........

User Features.
The following features are switchable by the end user, using the keypad, and are detailed in the back of your operating instructions.
To access this mode - turn on the vehicle ignition, press the remote button once, type one of the numbers listed in the chart below, immediately turn off the ignition. The numbers will have the following effect:

Number
Last trigger isolation - allows the system to be set excluding any circuit giving a trigger signal at the end of the settle time (i.e. allows the system to be set with a defective bonnet switch, without “false alarming” until the switch can be replaced)

Turns off the bleeps only for the next time the system is armed (If bleeps turned on!)

Turn off ultrasonics only for the next time the system is armed (also possible by pressing the Remote Key with the ignition on before arming)

Puts the system into valet mode (effectively freezing the passive immobilisation and any other features such as auto arm when the vehicle goes in for service. System re-activated by arming with the remote key).

Turn on auto-lock (an anti-hijack feature that locks the doors and boot when the ignition is turned on)

Turn off auto-lock

Turn off bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed (Turned off at manufacture to comply with legislation)

Turn on bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed (Note: This will contravene current legislation)

Displays vehicle’s battery voltage – 10 flashes on dashboard LED = approximately 10 volts

Turn on super-lock for next set period (allows the alarm to arm, but then shuts down the receiver. This reduces the systems current consumption if the vehicle is left for a number of weeks. The system then can only be disarmed using your PIN number , this gives protection even if your keys are stolen, whilst you are away on holiday.

Toggles between loud and soft arming/disarming bleeps if selected (See above note in 7)
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 19:59

Does it not tell you that in the handbook?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:06

Yeah probably mate Laughing unfortunately I didn't get a handbook with this info for mine, I couldn't find out exactly what it did or how to operate it from a lot of people so just left it well alone for a long time ha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:06

All seems very complicated... But always wondered wat it does.  Read that it has to be activated by dealer? So just left alone.
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:08

It's easy mate and works, no messing with dealers required Cool
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:09

You can put a master code in to change the pin
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:13

Better not try that one daz.....my memory is shocking lol! 
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:19

Easy done,I changed mine a few days after I got it......erm.....what's the code again!! confused Suspect 
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:31

I've always wanted to know what that is but every time I look at it I just shut it back up incase my car won't start again lol.. Quite fancy making my car make a noise when I lock it tho Cool you'll have to show me next time I see you cause I don't have the foggiest lol even with the instructions above
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:42

So I don't need an accesses code ?. Turn ignition on press relevant number to get features.?
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:49

Open flap to reveal the keypad, turn ignition on, press button on key, press button for required feature on keypad, the little red light will flash on keypad, turn ignition off, feature should now work Cool
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:52

And my car will still start after that? I don't have a clue what my special code is
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:53

N1CK!STi wrote:
I've always wanted to know what that is but every time I look at it I just shut it back up incase my car won't start again lol.. Quite fancy making my car make a noise when I lock it tho Cool you'll have to show me next time I see you cause I don't have the foggiest lol even with the instructions above
Haha yeah I always did the same mate, thought if I pressed something it would never start again. But yeah no worries mate, I've activated the beep for locking/unlocking the car and quite like it Cool
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:54

No special code needed mate, and yes it will still start provided you follow the steps lol! 
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:54

Cool I'm gonna do it as soon as I'm back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:56

Cool mate Cool you can adjust the volume of the beep too but I won't go into detail about that lol! 
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 20:59

Na lol that's the bit you can show me next time I see ya lol
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 21:04

Haha no worries mate lol! 
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 21:09

discodaz wrote:
Easy done,I changed mine a few days after I got it......erm.....what's the code again!! confused Suspect 
I need to have a look in the book to see if the code has been stuck in back to mine, failing that I don't know how to change it unless the master works for all?

Hope you can remember your code mate lol! 
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 21:14

Surly the local scoobaru garage will be able to tell you or reset it
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 21:16

am joking,it does not matter what the code is,you open the car with the key and reset the code to whatever you want!
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 21:18

A helpful response! The keypad overide does work, unless the keypad itself is damaged. Unfortunately though, most owners are not given the PIN when cars cange hands and people are unaware that they can change the PIN to one of their own choosing or have little interest in either until the vehicle will not start.

The cut and paste below should explain the problem you are suffering from and how to avoid becoming stranded along with info on setting the PIN to your own series of numbers.

Radio Lock Out:
- All alarm systems manufactured for use in the UK in ’99 were required to operate on the frequency of 433MHz. Subsequently, in late 2000, the government allowed the introduction of the “Tetra” radio network for telecommunications companies, the military, police, fire and ambulance services etc, which was allocated the 420-430MHz bandwidths.

Although not exactly the same frequency, these “Tetra” transmitters are licensed and so are allowed to operate at around 20,000 watts, compared with the alarm systems 0.5 watt radio key (necessary so that your radio keys remain exempt from annual licensing fees!)

As a result, when you are near a transmitting “Tetra” mast you can get a degree of “bleed over” as their signal is so much stronger and this can swamp the transmission from the radio key.

This problem is not exclusive to this system and can occur on any number of manufacturers systems produced prior to 2001.

The receiver boards were redesigned to focus more accurately on the 433.92HHz frequency as soon as this problem became evident, however, systems manufactured before 2001, with the older receiver boards that may have experienced this problem, are not faulty and were not considered eligible for warranty.
However, as a goodwill measure, customers who suffered from “exceptional” radio lock-out (ie lived or worked below a mast) were offered an upgraded receiver board whilst the vehicle was still within the warranty period.

This goodwill period was extended for a further 12 months after the 3 year warranty period expired, but ended in December 2004.
Later ECUs are available from Subaru (part number SACC 3465) but these are now chargeable

Avoidance:
There are a few points that should be remembered:

- All vehicles that passed through the import centre from January 2001 are equipped with the latest receiver boards that are "Tetra Resistant" and so should not experience this problem.

- A keypad is fitted to ALL models with the UK standard fit alarm system (from 99 MY) as an emergency override, in the event of loss, damage, flat radio key battery etc. (The keypad also allows the driver to access a number of features and is a complete programming tool for the dealers) and so pushing/recovery of vehicle’s should not be necessary provided you know your override PIN and ow to operate the keypad.

- The keypad can NOT be affected by "Radio Lock-Out", as it is hard wired into the system and does not rely on a radio transmission.

Keypad Use:
- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a secuity feature to prevent random attempts at steeling the vehicle, however, it is also an inconvenience if you are suffering "Radio Lock Out" and enter your PIN incorrectly.

- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.

If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be aborted and started again after 30 seconds.

Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.

Summary:
My advice is to read the alarm system's instruction manual and practice entering the PIN before you need it. If you do not know your PIN, or bought the car second hand (in which case the PIN may have been changed by the previous owner) you can change the PIN to one of your own choosing, using the keypad, provided that you have a working Radio Key.

Changing your PIN:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad: *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

Further information can be found in the systems Operating Instructions. If you do not have a copy of the Operating Instructions a link to a copy can be found in the post at:
http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subaru...pic.php?t=2476

Ensure your keypad is operational before you need it on a dark night!
If this is an ntermitent problem, use of the keypad should overcome the problem. However, if the problem is more frequent it may be worth considering a new control unit - An SACC 3465 should cost in the region of £70 from a Subaru dealer and your existing keys can still be used.
Although installation may take around 30 minutes, do not pay over the odds for programming the system, as this can be done in 5 minutes using the keypad.

Sorry that this is such a long-winded post, but I hope that it answers the questions raised and will keep everyone mobile.
SS
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 21:24

^^^ Am not reading all that like ^^^
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyWed 20 Nov - 21:26

Easy enough mate cheers Cool think ill just leave changing the code though for now but the info has been copied and pasted to my notes!
Back to top Go down
tomwrx

tomwrx

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! EmptyThu 21 Nov - 15:08

If u require to set ire own pin number even if u dont have the original it can be done easily enough,

I posted it up on my own forum but in the club members area as its not something that should be left in open forums just incase lol.

If anyone needs it i can pm them the info no probs,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New age sti immobiliser keypad info!   New age sti immobiliser keypad info! Empty

Back to top Go down

New age sti immobiliser keypad info!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next