North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Help with new clocks EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Help with new clocks EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Help with new clocks EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Help with new clocks EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Help with new clocks EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Help with new clocks EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Help with new clocks EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Help with new clocks EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Help with new clocks EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Help with new clocks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

Help with new clocks Empty
PostSubject: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySat 1 Feb - 14:57

hi, i have a 1998/99 facelift impreza sport and the clocks have gone a bit iffy, the trip comp screen seems to be leaking and the rev counter likes to work in reverse,

i have the white plug fitting clocks and loom and cant find a reasonably priced replacement so im wondering if the clocks out of the same age wrx or turbo 2000 will work as the plug fittings are the same,

im just trying to keep myself legal incase the speedo decides to die lol and turbo clocks seem to be more common and a bit better priced as im n a bit of a budget at the moment lol

any help and advice is welcomed with open arms and heart thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySat 1 Feb - 16:50

Did you not read my post on scoobynet? Clocks from a turbo car work fine on a non turbo. I've fitted them to 2 sports in the past because I wanted the white dials. You just need to get the ones with the right plugs at the back of the the speedo to fit your car. Some have 3 green plugs at the back, some hAve 3 white ones. On my first sport I phoned Dashtek to come round and change the mileage, on my second sport I didn't bother but I told the new owner the correct mileage when I sold it. The speedometer should be correct even the the dials are spaced differently becuse the clocks are digital and not cAble operated. I think the petrol light comes on earlier though because the turbo cars have a bigger tank than sports
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySat 1 Feb - 18:53

nope sorry i didnt know it was on, im not getting my emails on my phone straight away and pc is running slow, great advice and thanks will get a set of those and petrol light wont bother me as mine has never worked even when i put new bulb in it only worked for like a day then never again
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySat 1 Feb - 19:37

thanks again, new clocks ordered should be here middle of next week, will get the mileage adjusted accordingly aswell, im not shy to say that my scooby is approaching 133000 and i put the last 10000 on myself lol
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySat 1 Feb - 20:25

I think the hardest part Is trying to get the plugs unplugged and then plugged in again, rips the skin off your hands unless your hands are small and skinny? Lol I have about 38k on mine, mostly done by previous owners as I only do about 6 or 7k a year.
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySat 1 Feb - 20:42

well youve taught me something new about scoobies and im only too willing to learn all i can, and i have a similair problem getting to the plugs lol makes it hard having chubby fingers for me lol
anyway im really pleased for your help and it really has made my life a bit easier got a set of clocks from ebay for £20 and £5.99 postage, ironic part is they coming from newcastle and i only live in peterlee but its cheaper than the cost of the fuel, thanks again and if i can help anyone on here anytime i will try my best,
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySat 1 Feb - 22:14

That's what forums are for bud, sharing advice and knowledge. If I ever want to know anything I just ask for help and there's normally someone who can help out.
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySat 1 Feb - 23:26

it feels nice to be accepted on a forum being as im only on my first impreza and its a sport so not had a very nice reception elsewhere but here is great, thanks to everyone  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySat 1 Feb - 23:53

My 2003 sport is on 138000. Was on 79k when I bought it lol iam changing my dials in april too heard its a bitch to do
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySun 2 Feb - 1:43

Mine has 138k too, not 38, it was a typo! Very Happy Wish it did have 38 on it
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySun 2 Feb - 3:05

mine is a jan '09 car so im assuming a '98 build but has facelift digital clocks with white plugs where most are green i think so had trouble finding standard clocks, however thanks to the info i was given from the nice guys on here i was able to get a set of turbo clocks with correct fitting, relaxed in the knowledge they will fit, and its not a hard job just fiddley if you have big hands or fat fingers like me lol
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySun 2 Feb - 16:37

i got bored (or more like impatient lol) and drove upto north shields and collected the new clocks from a nice man called andy (northest scooby bitz on ebay) and they work a treat thanks guys
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptySun 2 Feb - 16:38

i will be dealing with this man again as he is really good and has great prices
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptyWed 5 Feb - 21:34

Glad you finally got your clocks sorted.
Here's mine from when I had a classic,
I bought a nice carbon effect surround
from ebay too:-

Help with new clocks 17_zps53eb28bb
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptyWed 5 Feb - 22:03

nice surround bud, can you get them in red?
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptyThu 6 Feb - 0:47

I'm not sure , it was a few years ago when I got them. They came from America but they were quite cheap, even the postage was quite reasonable I seem to remember.
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks EmptyThu 6 Feb - 3:11

Iv just ordered mine so theyll be home for me to fit hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with new clocks   Help with new clocks Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with new clocks
Page 1 of 1