North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
RCM headers any good? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
RCM headers any good? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
RCM headers any good? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
RCM headers any good? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
RCM headers any good? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
RCM headers any good? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
RCM headers any good? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

RCM headers any good?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

RCM headers any good? Empty
PostSubject: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 4 Jul - 10:20

Anyone got any experience with them? Heard some makes can crack or don't fit properly! Any advantages having them over ported headers?
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 4 Jul - 10:36

Speak to Kindon  mate, I was asking him about different types of headers before, the difference between tubular/equal length/unequal length etc...

He pretty much said mine are good enough for the job at 400 (from what I recall of the conversation) and they are just my standard headers that have been ported by Finn.

You hear different reviews on the RCM ones and im sure he'd give you some good info on pro's/cons of them plus the comparisons between the different headers available to you.

Last edited by maca on Fri 4 Jul - 10:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 4 Jul - 10:39

Cheers pal Wink don't suppose you have a contact number for Finn? Have PM'd him a few days ago but don't think he goes on here very often!
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 4 Jul - 10:41

He's away on holiday at the min but will be back Saturday, here's his number mate 07415202756
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 4 Jul - 10:42

Cheers mate Cool
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 4 Jul - 10:44

No probs  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 4 Jul - 14:42

RCM GT2 Spec headers are awesome when paired with a Harvey Smith Trick Up-Pipe. However they are not worth the £550 that RCM charge for them - I paid £350 for a full set brand new & DEI heat-wrapped by Harvey. The stainless steel tubular headers rarely crack and last for years. You can often pick up a set for £250-£300 2nd hand on Scoobynet. If you are only targetting the 400 Mike then ported standard headers are fine for your needs. The likes of Nick who is looking for around 450 with his MDX321T the RCM tubular headers are what you want with the up-pipe.

Last edited by Marietto on Sat 5 Jul - 9:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 4 Jul - 23:23

Marietto wrote:
RCM GT2 Spec headers are awesome when paired with a Harvey Smith Trick Up-Pipe. However they are not worth the £550 that RCM charge for them - I paid £350 for a full set brand new & DEI heat-wrapped by Harvey. The stainless steel tubular headers rarely crack and last for years. You can often pick up a set for £250-£300 2nd hand on Scoobynet. If you are only tagetting the 400 Mike then ported standard headers are fine for your needs. The likes of Nick who is looking for around 450 with his MDX321T the RCM tubular headers are what you want with the up-pipe.

That's what I was trying to say in not so many words  lol! 

Nice one Mario  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 4 Jul - 23:25

Thanks lads Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 4 Jul - 23:45

No probs boys - really looking forward to seeing the outcome figures of your remaps on 24th - not long now!  bounce bounce bounce bounce 
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptyFri 4 Jul - 23:51

Marietto wrote:
No probs boys - really looking forward to seeing the outcome figures of your remaps on 24th - not long now!  bounce bounce bounce bounce 

bounce bounce bounce bounce 

I've only got a subtle change of injectors that could make a big difference but then again im only wanting the 1st number to start with 4 and i'l be happy  Very Happy 

The rolling road day from motorscope will be the bench mark so get your names down  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptySat 5 Jul - 9:30

If your going tubular headers then the up pipe is the most important thing. Going from a standard gt spec up pipe to a Harvey smith one my boost came on 500rpm earlier on the hawkeye.

That's what I now have fitted to the saloon ready for the big turbo to go on.

Maca you will defo see 400+. Will be a fast road car when it's sorted.

Mike unless your going 450+ then a set of good ported standard headers is all you need.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? EmptySun 6 Jul - 10:13

Mike, I have the RCM headers fitted to my car, they were akready on when I bought it, when I got the car mapped by Bob he said the main reason that my torque figure was so good was mainly down to having these headers fitted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RCM headers any good?   RCM headers any good? Empty

Back to top Go down

RCM headers any good?
Page 1 of 1