North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

should we relaunch

Go down 
+12
andyden71
Lordharding
StickT
iddysti
discodaz
maca
baldy
Steve71
NickSTi
andybish
Marshffs
SG03RRZ
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NickSTi

NickSTi

should we relaunch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Sep - 22:26

Turbo Dave for admin cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Sep - 22:38

I wouldn't mind a run out but my car aint suitable really so its nee good ...

Most car forums are quite due to FB, its just how things evolve/happen, I personally don't use FB that much as I cant stand it really.

The other reasons are money is always tight, petrol is sky high, family comes first, too many people driving like helmets when out on a run/in convoy ... Could go on, fact of the matter is,

Who turns up, turns up, people who don't only look in wishing ... Its life, not just NESF!
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Sep - 22:59

I never use FB either, worst thing on the net, causes nowt but hassle.
Everyones circumstances are different like stick says. People work daft shifts aswel which dont help.
Im sure people have gone to meets and have been blanked, got bored and thort fook it.
Most shows & meets happen on a sunday aswel instead of a Fri or Sat.
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Sep - 23:07

yeah i remember going to the first meet at durham pub got blanked if you come to talk to me ill talk back and have a laugh with anyone
Back to top Go down
Lordharding

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Sep - 23:10

I've been in the car club scene for some 30 years now and Subaru for 14 and was founder of cumbrian scoobs ( I don't associate with them anymore ) and was with tts for 8/9 years
I have watched Subaru ownership boom from 2000 -2010 then decline
It's the same all over the country
Only big and busy forums are
scoobynet which covers the whole uk and
Scottish scoobies which surprisingly all of Scotland (sidc are knackered ) and of course
Nesf whic has a massive forum credit goes to johny and the gang for maintaing it
All other forums are in rapid decline with members leaving as they are selling subarus to go for more economical cars and turbo dieasels
Subaru are basically finished in the uk although the new Sti is a great car ,people who experienced 2008+ modles woth chocolate in the engines have lost confidence in the marque
Subarus will become collectors cars in the future like RS /cosworths but new members in the future will be a rarety just the middle aged blokes who talk about rust proofing and renovations

Fb is harming all forums as its so easy to click on the fb on smartphones and get instant messages and it's easier to post pictures up rather then fourms so in the future clubs will need both but you get the Idiots joining up with thier dodgy sales and links so you will have to have admin on fb to watch what happens

Over at B-SPOC we are still mainly forum based but everyone loads up photos on fb for instant messages so the two are working together

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Sep - 23:10

andybish wrote:
yeah i remember going to the first meet at durham pub got blanked if you come to talk to me ill talk back and have a laugh with anyone

To be fair everyone was terrified and thought you were a suicide bomber when you turned up with a rucksack on Mohammed ROFL
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Sep - 23:30

ha ha ha its s frigging tan that just wont go away lol
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Sep - 23:32

If I remember correctly you sold your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle at a meet Mario!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Sep - 23:33

Yes the bike had already gone but it sounds appropriate
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Sep - 23:47

curly wurly.........
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Sep - 0:01

Iv been to Afew meets at durham 1st time only Afew people spoke I tried talking to other members and got totally blanked there was Nic and Paul who spoke to me and turbo Dave and his lass that was it. If j go to any meets now the only members to speak is Steve Jones lian and john Anthmac and turbo Dave Andy bish and Nick there's jyst Afew more ,everyone else sits in the little click and don't make any effort to talk which makes some members think sod it why botha and new members must think more. It says friendly forum
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Sep - 7:35

may be they didnt see ya mate with ya being a little fella lol only joking mate lol
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Sep - 8:24

andybish wrote:
may be they didnt see ya mate with ya being a little fella lol only joking mate lol
Andy I tht that myself that's why I put a bigger exhaust on my car so I'd be heard lol. Iv made Afew freinds on here but I'm not coming on here as much for the fact every time I post for help or advice I get Nowt but crap off Afew members and some admin.
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Sep - 9:17

ya need to take it with a pinch of salt mate dont be so serious
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Sep - 9:22

Wonder who lol
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Sep - 7:11

Jesus all the lad was asking was should he set up a facebook page lol!

I agree that monthly run outs should be organised but I struggle to get to meets/run outs due to shifts and family commitment's. I work Monday to Friday (dayshift for 2 weeks then backshift for 2 weeks) and my lass works sat and sunday so I have the kids most of the weekend plus my little lad plays footy on a Saturday so time is precious Laughing

I haven't got the luxury of just jumping in my car and going out for the day/night

Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Sep - 7:36

Yep, same here. 12hr shifts, working every other weekend (sat/sun/mon) either days or nights and a couple of shifts during the week. Does make it hard to get to run outs but I've been to a few & they've been canny.
Not bothered about FB cos I'm not on it lol. However, I still find the banter good, but more importantly for me is the comorardary, I know I can get help with issues from numerous members on here, or even better still, help from the "locals", "aye, bring it round & I'll have a look for ya".
To me, there's nothing wrong with the little cliques within the club ie I can hardly be in the weekend run clique cos I'm normally at work or in bed after nightshift. As long as the club works for you, that's the main thing, and I think it's great
Back to top Go down
http://www.rick-thornton-photography.com
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Sep - 9:07

ukjesters wrote:
Yep, same here. 12hr shifts, working every other weekend (sat/sun/mon) either days or nights and a couple of shifts during the week. Does make it hard to get to run outs but I've been to a few & they've been canny.
Not bothered about FB cos I'm not on it lol. However, I still find the banter good, but more importantly for me is the comorardary, I know I can get help with issues from numerous members on here, or even better still, help from the "locals", "aye, bring it round & I'll have a look for ya".
To me, there's nothing wrong with the little cliques within the club ie I can hardly be in the weekend run clique cos I'm normally at work or in bed after nightshift. As long as the club works for you, that's the main thing, and I think it's great

sometimes this forum dont work for a few people, there is the odd ones who go OTT on peoples posts, trying to cause arguments. Where is all t he helpful info, the good banter? In all honesty its got a tad worse since all the shite with Nicola (mrs mid life) from last years nbo.
Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Sep - 9:47

I can only speak from my own experiences since being a member on here. looking at my post count you can see that I'm not that active, I tend to read more threads than post on them (I like lurking in the backgrounds-especially with a camera
Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Sep - 9:49

There's obviously a glitch with iOS 8 cos both of my posts have been cut short & I've got nee chance of remembering what I said, but it was all good
Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Sep - 9:50

Got it, looks like if you put an emoticon in your post, it won't print it OR any text that comes after it.
Nee idea how to fix that!
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Sep - 11:09

that used to happen to me Rick, once I put a emojy on a post I'd have to click back on the text bit just after the emojy to be able to carry on.. sometimes hold my finger on it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Sep - 11:54

Marshffs wrote:

sometimes this forum dont work for a few people, there is the odd ones who go OTT on peoples posts, trying to cause arguments. Where is all t he helpful info, the good banter? In all honesty its got a tad worse since all the shite with Nicola (mrs mid life) from last years nbo.

Steven, with all due respect mate the aggro that sometimes raises it's head on here is nothing compared to other forums - take Scoobynet as an example. At one time it too was a really good forum - I have been a member on there for over 7 years and it too has it's fair share of aggro/abusive posts.

As far as there not being helpful info, it is a very rare occasion when I see someone ask for help on here that does not get the advice or help they require. Unfortunately you are dealing with the personalities of over 1200 members (granted there will be the usual 40 or 50 who will always be on here) and everyone all has different senses of humours and what might be funny to one person, certainly may not be to another. I suppose that anonymously on a keyboard it is difficult to ascertain what the tolerances or limits of everyone's patience or sense of humour are until you get to know them well enough. There was even a comment earlier in this thread from Andy Dent that as well as getting crap from some members he also gets it from "a few admin" - There aren't very many Admin staff on here and I would like to think that they do this job in their own personal time in the best spirit of the club and should be ambassadors for how to treat other members. If that member feels otherwise then they really should send a PM to the Chairman or another Admin they feel comfortable communicating with to raise this issue, rather than it just get blurted out here as those Admin being referred to might be completely oblivious to the fact they have upset the member or made them feel less than appreciated.

Unfortunately everybody's personal circumstances are different and we will never be able to satisfy everyone all of the time - shift workers, 9-5 workers, Monday-Friday workers, etc. You have to work with the majority and for the majority weekends are the best bet. Even weekends are restricted for those of us who are Mon-Fri 9-5 workers as those of us with children, as Maca has already said, will have sporting or other club/personal commitments with their children & families that will prevent them going on a Saturday or Sunday as well.

As far as meets & cliques are concerned I don't really agree with everything that has been said. My first meet I turned up by myself and only Hardy said hello. I was embarrassed and felt totally left out as I knew no-one and left after about 20 mins and a pint of coke and thought I wouldn't go back! I think the same experience is common to nearly every new member and it just takes a few visits to get your face known. The Admins will nearly all sit in their own group as there are Admin things to discuss. There are only so many tables and so many chairs that can fit at a table so people naturally migrate to the people they know or have had a working realtionship with on the forum. Not only that, the cliques you refer to are often borne out of the areas where people live - members who live in roughly the same geographical areas will stick together because of that. North of the Tyne for example I stick about with the members that live near me and I communicate and have a lot more banter & run outs locally than I do with any other members on the forum.

Personally I have made loads of friends on here and if there are any members who have a problem with me or how I or any of the other members or Admins conduct themselves, I would hope that as adults they would have the common sense to deal with any conflict maturely via a simple PM in the first instance and take it from there - However some people would rather have an open public slanging match behind their trusty armoured keyboard.

"There are 3 sides to every story your honour.....mine, his and the truth"

Donald Harris RIP

Last edited by Marietto on Wed 24 Sep - 16:49; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Sep - 14:28

Rick if you press the emo button,pick your emo then click the emo button again to turn the emo select box off it works fine!! Wink like this
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Sep - 16:38

Its the only forum im on mario so I wouldn't know what others are like. Im just saying it goes a bit ott at times when there is no need to. I got nowt against anyone on this forum but there is a certain few who I dont get on well with but I hope I manage to get to meets and put afew names to faces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should we relaunch   should we relaunch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

should we relaunch
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Subaru Forum :: Found on the internet-
Jump to: