HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» R.I.P Gipa
Wed 7 Jun - 20:17 by dergracing

» Blobeye wrx
Sat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Sat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Tue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Sat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Fri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Fri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Sun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

» New / Old member saying hello
Wed 14 Sep - 4:12 by baldy

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Share | 

THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ste162

PostSubject: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Sun 2 Nov - 11:05

somebody i know has just bought an evo fq340 and needless to say he cant shut up about how fast it is etc and has tagged me in some ludicrous evo vs scooby posts.

the frustrating part is my impreza is sat in steve jones garage getting some upgrades

Back to top Go down
andybish

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Sun 2 Nov - 11:51

divorce him as a friend as he drives a evo he is now your enemy
Back to top Go down
chrisw

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Sun 2 Nov - 11:54

As much as the evos are good the subaru is definetly the best all rounder especially for a daily . Looked at some evos before the hawkeye and I would of had to spend at leat £4-5k more for a one with a similar spec to the subaru. If that money saved was spent on more mods I know which one would be quicker.
Back to top Go down
ste162

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Sun 2 Nov - 12:33

For what he bought it for he could have bought a R33 GTR
Back to top Go down
Tizer

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Sun 2 Nov - 15:48

I've always liked Evo's but very expensive compared to Subaru's.

And that being said always been told a Subaru is a drivers car Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ste162

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Sun 2 Nov - 16:04

prefer the noise of a subaru any day
Back to top Go down
lukev6tdi

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Sun 2 Nov - 16:54

My mate had a evo 7 a couple of year ago running high boost it wasnt a kick up the arse away from 500bhp
but the brakes never worked until they warmed up you couldnt boost for another ten mins after that it done -8 to the gallon it had to have brake fluid every 20 seconds it had to be serviced every 500 miles and it took a few centurys to cool down. You couldnt nail it on anything other than a dry road in a straight line or it just spun the 487bhp it had away.
other than them minor things brilliant motor.
Back to top Go down
scoobaru

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Sun 2 Nov - 17:20

I had an evo 5 GDR rs, 450bhp lovely car!!! But put it this way I've not had another always went back to the Subaru Smile
Back to top Go down
http://Gandifencing.co.uk
lukev6tdi

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Sun 2 Nov - 17:33

scoobaru wrote:
I had an evo 5 GDR rs, 450bhp lovely car!!! But put it this way I've not had another always went back to the Subaru Smile
i made that out to be worse than it is alot of the stuff i mentioned was due to all the aftermarket stuff that had been fitted.
personally its subaru all the way for me not just imprezas other cars aswell the new legacys a lovely driving cars if i sell my passat next year i will be buying a legacy 3.0r or a rev d gtb.
Back to top Go down
StickT

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Sun 2 Nov - 21:41

Ready.... I like Evo's. Think they look nicer than Scoobs and if i was to have a daily like that, i would probably get an Evo.
Back to top Go down
baldy

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Sun 2 Nov - 21:56

Tell him to take you out in it,then start pickin faults ,build quality ,notchy gearbox ,noisy diff etc..tjen couple weeks later race him for logbooks ..
that'll shut him up ..
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Mon 3 Nov - 10:06

Theres a Mitsi garage not far from me and before I bought my first Scoob I went and test drove one of the Evo's. Think it was an FQ300, but after about 5 mins in the car I'd already decided I didnt like it. I thought it must be built out of tupperware and lego, didnt realise you could get that much cheap looking plastic in one car and the ride (in my opinion) was bloody awful. WIth it being a brand new car I was really surprised, compared to the first drive in the WRX which at the time I thought was pretty much the same car, with just a different badge on, how wrong I was - chalk and cheese. Ive heard people say the Evo is a great track car and the Scoob is a great everyday car - whatever your preference I know which one I'd have over the other every time. But again, its just my opinion.
I'm sure you could read a hundred posts on the lancer forums which woudl say exactly the opposite Laughing

Back to top Go down
NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    Mon 3 Nov - 20:09

Tell him I'll race him if he thinks it's fast..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO    

Back to top Go down

THE FRUSTRATION WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW BUYS AN EVO
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1