North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....

Go down 
+7
StickT
keffer
atwrx
roscom
anthmac
winston
maca
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
robbie1988

robbie1988

Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Feb - 14:39

Presents arrived from Roger Clark Motorsport, love the presentation of the parts when they come. No tatty cardboard boxes here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Injectors should be here next week and also waiting for a new window switch as the switch has failed on the rear drivers side door.
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Feb - 15:33

very nice car bud Cool
but those rcm headers are crap i'll take them off your hands Laughing lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Feb - 21:35

Yeah he rates them well like, quite a few like them,

Always good to keep tyre options open, my X22s are still ok for some events like,
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Feb - 10:25

keffer wrote:
very nice car bud Cool
but those rcm headers are crap i'll take them off your hands Laughing lol! lol!

Cheers Cool

The headers are rubbish haha - bloody beautifully made though. Cant wait to get them on the car but waiting a while
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Feb - 15:32

Well car is back from alignment at Sideways Dan at AK Automotive - he did a superb job and car is now even better. I wanted a setup mainly for fast road as not planning loads of trackdays just a few each year.

Turn in is superb and even with the AD08r tyres on it doesnt want to kick the arse out as much in the wet as before. Is very predictable as well so gives more confidence.

Also got my 850cc injectors through as well as all new boot trims and an STi embroided boot mat from Matty at MB Developments.

Quick clean out and interior is back to looking decent again:

Back into MB Motorsport tomorrow for an hour on the ramps getting the handbrake adjusted and to check the ABS rings as get an ABS light quickly blip on over 50mph.

Put a few hundred miles on in the last few days bedding brakes in and seeing how car performs after service - seems much smoother than before. Brakes are amazing even with just a few hundred miles bedding in.

Waiting on new jerry cans for trackday and it needs a bath haha

Rob
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Feb - 18:45

Maths a sound bloke to deal with, got some skills and nice motors being made in there for this years sprints,
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySat 2 May - 22:46

Well car had its trackday in March and performed excellent.

It did through up a few things I wanted to change and had to change:

- got black flagged for noise twice - ordered a 4" decibel slayer to lower the noise

- DS2500 seemed great but after 120 miles on track they have lost there bite so want some Pagid yellows ready for the next trackday

Also had the following sorted at MB Motorsport:

- Gearbox oil
- Diff oil
- AS Performance gear selector bush kit
- Perrin dogbone mount

Then popped around to Kev's to pick up the new ducts he had made up for me and painted:

Got them fitted on and look superb

Also got the damper socks on to protect them from the shitty roads:

It also sounds like a front CV is on the way out so ordered a pair of front driveshafts to chuck on ready for the track session

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan and is ready
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySat 9 May - 21:05

Well the DS2500 front pads were destroyed in 500 miles. It appears the trackday I did was where the pads overheated and they are just going downhill very quickly.

Called round to see Alyn at ASP and got a set of new front pads - Pagid RS29 Yellows. Need to get these fitted and bedded in ready for next trackday.

Also got a pair of front driveshafts to go on as noticed the CV joints are on the way out, shame as only done around 100 miles since getting the gearbox oil done so looks like that may have been a waste Sad

Was sick of seeing the chrome boot lock when nothing else is chrome on the outside so got the plastidip out and sorted that:

Also managed to get the Volvo's new private plate fitted to see what it looks like - just waiting for the V5 to come back:

Back to top Go down
Y27JLC

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Jul - 0:28

My mate was talking to you the other day and told me about it today when i popped round. I knew id seen that plate somewhere before.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Jul - 8:39

Jesus you have been busy! Car is coming along nicely, like everything you have done so far! Keep up the good work Lucky!
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Jul - 9:42

Good idea them sock things
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Jul - 14:37

Y27JLC wrote:
My mate was talking to you the other day and told me about it today when i popped round. I knew id seen that plate somewhere before.

Cool What car has your mate got?

maca wrote:
Jesus you have been busy! Car is coming along nicely, like everything you have done so far! Keep up the good work Lucky!

Not as busy as usual Laughing Wont have much time for Impreza as doing a Scottish road trip for a few weeks and also getting work on house done. Next year I am aiming for at least 6-10 trackdays all being well.

byers wrote:
Good idea them sock things

Simple cheap and helps with protection nicely especially over winter.

Did get on track again on 30th May at Elvington and had an amazing day. My brother came along for his first ever trackday in his Clio 182, was an amazing day and first ever time around a track where I didn't get overtaken once. Had a lot of interest in the car and questions and had a really good day! Like a fool I didn't change my brake fluid after cooking the DS2500 front pads so after a few sessions I pulled into the pits and refreshed all the brake fluid again. Back out and car is running great.

I did however try pushing the limits chasing a faster line through a corner and came off slightly Embarassed caught a landing light which broke the front splitter and a section of the engine undertray. As well as this I forgot to take off my carbon OZ centre caps so when the brakes got hot the plastic tabs melted and I lost 2 of them pale

Nice new HT Autos satin black splitter ordered and delivered 2 days later ready for croft......

Then tagged along to Croft RSOC day and had 9 runs on the 0-60 strip, first time trying to destroy the gearbox and diffs Laughing

Managed consistent times of 4.6 seconds to 60 so was quite happy with that, gives me a target to beat next year.

Also while I had a spare couple of hours pulled the strut brace off plus some other bits and pieces to tart up in the engine bay; intercooler bracket, bonnet stay & pipework. Quick clean and rub down before being painted in VHT wrinkle paint. Looks a lot cleaner and got a better finish than the header tank so will redo that sometime:

Over the next few months need to look at a juddering clutch as well as a judder that seems to occur when have steering turned at low speed in either forward or reverse. This may have been down to the DCCD not functioning 100% as have an issue with the drivers side rear ABS pickup, replaced the sensor but still NG so on lookout for a cheap tone ring or complete good condition hub.

Back to top Go down
Y27JLC

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Jul - 23:12

He has a white focus rs.
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Jul - 11:09

Y27JLC wrote:
He has a white focus rs.

Yeah know who you mean - lads called Ross
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Jul - 11:25

Isn't the abs ring on the drive shaft complete won't be the hub as I have the same problem
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Jul - 11:29

Its not on the driveshaft on the rear shafts on the widetrack models.

I thought it was but spoke to Alyn at ASP and he can supply a tone ring so may have something sorted.

Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jul - 15:09

Mines fooked so let me no mate
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Sep - 23:42

Well thought I would update the thread since I have started doing a few more bits on the car.

Next up was removing the rear seats as never used them so off they went....

Then went to RSOC at Croft and had ago on the 0-60 runs, I wasnt expecting anything ballastic so was quite impressed with consistant 4.5 seconds to 60:

After that the clutch didn't feel the same so a trip to Dr Boak at MB Motorsport got it sorted - HEL braided clutch line and DOT 5 clutch fluid had it all back to normal

Freshly back from MB I decided to remove the aircon - nice easy job and around 11kg weight saved

Also got a pair of 3 point harnesses and shoulder pads ready to go in once I decide if its going with cage or harness bar.

Another little project is aerocatches which should be fun to fit Wink

Cheers Rob
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Sep - 22:04

Well after seeing how silly it was having a bracket just to hold my carbon belt cover I made my own short version from the original plastic item.....

Much better!
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Sep - 12:45

Looks better. Are you tracking this alot, if so, ditch the 3 point and get a decent 4 point, way better if the unfortunate was to happen!
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Sep - 15:16

Have done a few trackdays this year. The harnesses will be spot on for what I need. Won't be using them until a cage of some description is in. I was tempted by a harness bar but not so sure now.

If things go the way I am wanting then I may need to change the harnesses to on date versions in a year or so.
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Sep - 20:38

Well I took some brave pills and attacked the bonnet a few days ago, marked everything out, triple checked my measurements then went to town with the hole cutters before using my mini tool to cut the rest out......

The finished result:

Also weight up all the removed parts and the car has lost just shy of 50kg to date. More to come next week though.......
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep - 7:34

Looks very sweet mate. Some nice pics there.
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep - 21:13

kgt wrote:
Looks very sweet mate. Some nice pics there.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
robbie1988

robbie1988

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Sep - 21:49

Started trying to get a few bits sorted ready to turn the car around into something more capable on track since I am wanting to do some sprint racing next year.

Going for a 6 point Safety Devices roll cage with door bars and adding harness bars to this.

Started by fitting the harnesses in so my partner could get used to them as she has never been in a car with them, she actually prefers the harnesses so that's a winner.

I also received my panel edging trim to tidy the holes under the bonnet where the aerocatches have been fitted:

Also I have managed to remove more weight from the car so that brings the total to 63kg out of the car to date. Silly things like switching from the double din multimedia headunit to the single din sony has saved 2.1kg.

I also got a JDM single din plate to fill the void and started making up a carbon plate for a boost gauge to go into. I know you can get the triple dash top gauge pod but I prefer to keep the dash top uncluttered.

Going to try doing a DIY flocked dashboard and then paint the centre console and silver accents satin black.

Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....   Robbie's Widetrack blob build..... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Robbie's Widetrack blob build.....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next