North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
What's a good alarm  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
What's a good alarm  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
What's a good alarm  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
What's a good alarm  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
What's a good alarm  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
What's a good alarm  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
What's a good alarm  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
What's a good alarm  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
What's a good alarm  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

What's a good alarm

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andyden71

andyden71

What's a good alarm  Empty
PostSubject: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptySun 28 Jun - 22:49

I'm thinking of havn the crap sigma alarm removed from my bugeye and recommendations on a good alarm to replace it with pref one that will work with a turbo timer and will do auto window open and close on all 4 windows
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyMon 29 Jun - 13:56

I don't know but the standard one is cack, I thought mine used to go off because I had a weak battery but it still goes off even though I've changed the battery. I'm thinking that the weather must set it off now because it will sound on a hot sunny day. I know that I used to have a TOAD alarm on one of my classics and that seemed to be a pretty decent
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyMon 29 Jun - 17:20

Yeah was thinking of a toad or a Clifford concept but depends on cost to remove one system and fit a new one
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyTue 30 Jun - 20:18

The Clifford Concept is a good alarm isn't it, they used to advertise quite regularly in the car magazines. A bit pricey though from what I remember.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyTue 30 Jun - 20:31

Ive got a toad alarm and immobiliser on mine, if my fob has stopped working and is very old can i get a replacement brand new fob?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyTue 30 Jun - 23:06

maca wrote:
Ive got a toad alarm and immobiliser on mine, if my fob has stopped working and is very old can i get a replacement brand new fob?

Yes mate. I have a Toad on the Type R and when I bought it there was only 1 alarm fob and it looked like it was about to disintegrate. I contacted a bloke called Ian Mewse who is an alarm engineer and he was able to send me 2 brand new fobs and I was able to code them to my alarm using his instructions. It cost me £50 for the 2 brand new fobs. If you want his contact details I can get them for you bud. The PIN code for my alarm was missing so I had to open my alarm up and give him the serial number and he was able to get the PIN code from Toad for me too.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyTue 30 Jun - 23:18

Mario and mac a is the toad alarms any good and do yours have all the features? Apart from remote lock and immobiliser
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyTue 30 Jun - 23:25

andyden71 wrote:
Mario and mac a is the toad alarms any good and do yours have all the features? Apart from remote lock and immobiliser

Andy mine was on the car when I got it - it has 2 buttons on the fob - According to the manual button 2 is for total closure of windows, but I've never tried it. The first one just arms and disarms it and opens and closes the doors. It hasn't had any problems at all so far - I think it was an early model called a "Sterling One" - but manufactured by Toad and the Toad model is Toad Ai600. It isn't temperamental and hasn't gone off accidentally or pissed me off at all really.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyTue 30 Jun - 23:41

Cheers Mario think I will go on the Google and have a look at the new model toad alarms
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyTue 30 Jun - 23:56

No problem mate Lucky!
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyWed 1 Jul - 20:28

Marietto wrote:
maca wrote:

Yes mate. I have a Toad on the Type R and when I bought it there was only 1 alarm fob and it looked like it was about to disintegrate. I contacted a bloke called Ian Mewse who is an alarm engineer and he was able to send me 2 brand new fobs and I was able to code them to my alarm using his instructions. It cost me £50 for the 2 brand new fobs. If you want his contact details I can get them for you bud. The PIN code for my alarm was missing so I had to open my alarm up and give him the serial number and he was able to get the PIN code from Toad for me too.

Cheers Mario, got your inbox Lucky! Lucky! Lucky! Lucky!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyWed 1 Jul - 22:11

maca wrote:

Cheers Mario, got your inbox Lucky! Lucky! Lucky! Lucky!

Lucky! Lucky!
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyThu 2 Jul - 7:55

Waste of time if they want it they will get it and it won't start without key anyway I wouldn't bother wasting your money I leave mine anywhere that's what insurance is for What a Face
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyThu 2 Jul - 14:49

I leave mine every where byers the problem is the fob takes ages to open the doors so I can get I. The car iv changed batteries in it still the same
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyThu 2 Jul - 23:04

Ahhh ok mate
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyFri 3 Jul - 19:36

Can't you just get a new Sigma fob and then reprogramme it if it is playing up? I've seen the fobs for sale on eBay and Facebook. And Rob Ostle knows the procedure for reprogramming them
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptySun 5 Jul - 8:50

Sorry for the duff info lads..... Mines an Autowatch security system scratch

Just got the certificate out to see what model it was so I could order new fobs and it's not even a toad alarm hahaha, could have fecking swore it was ha

Never mind if I can't find replacement fobs it's going the journey Laughing
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  EmptyTue 7 Jul - 11:17

I might have a look to see if I can get a pair of new fobs cheers for your comments
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's a good alarm    What's a good alarm  Empty

Back to top Go down

What's a good alarm
Page 1 of 1