North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
v3 sti project thread EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
v3 sti project thread EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
v3 sti project thread EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
v3 sti project thread EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
v3 sti project thread EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
v3 sti project thread EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
v3 sti project thread EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
v3 sti project thread EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
v3 sti project thread EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

v3 sti project thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
scoobaroo

v3 sti project thread Empty
PostSubject: v3 sti project thread   v3 sti project thread EmptyMon 10 Aug - 19:28

the car wasnt a project but i just can not help myself so here is what started off as the hunt for a leaking coolant pipe.

after stripping the inlet to find the coolant pipe that was leaking which turned out to be the one on the bottom of the header tank i decided to get the inlet acid dipped so i could paint it and test fitted a newage inner wing kit whitch i thought fitted quite well everything lines up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

but after further inspection and trying to refit the wing i noticed that due to the newage wings being wider the kit didnt want to bolt up with the current bracket so a quick chop with the grinder on the bracket to shorten it to make the pipe bolt closer to the wing. I also noticed that the maf port is no good for a classic  and since im going to go with a simtek and an air sensor the maf is rendered useless anyway so made a bracket to block that up aswell which is off to be welded on and everything powder coated Smile.

inlet after i attacked it with vht wrinkle paint not bad for my first attempt i dont think paint took well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]/url]

my shiny new bolts and inlet spacers arrived from rally tech so put my freshly powder coated header tank back together and mocked the tank up to the inlet coming along nicely id say.

new alloy radiator with zero sports rad cover also had the fan housings and radiator brackets powder coated looking fresh.

just waiting for a few bits and pieces before i can put it back together Smile also need to find myself a red water hoses to keep with the theme Smile
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: v3 sti project thread   v3 sti project thread EmptyWed 12 Aug - 18:33

Always good to refresh parts on the cheap. Does the red inlet and blue pipes not clash ?
Back to top Go down
scoobaroo

PostSubject: Re: v3 sti project thread   v3 sti project thread EmptyWed 12 Aug - 19:34

the blue pipes were on when i bought it althought the inlet was red when i bought it aswel but i bought some red coolant hoses yesterday to go with the red and black theme iv got going on lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v3 sti project thread   v3 sti project thread Empty

Back to top Go down

v3 sti project thread
Page 1 of 1