North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Weasel 555

Weasel 555

Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine Empty
PostSubject: Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine   Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptyThu 23 Sep - 17:27

Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine Subaru3rd-genbox

Boxer lovers, the next chapter in your love affair has just begun. Fuji Heavy Industries, parent company of Subaru, has introduced the latest, third-generation boxer engine that will relieve the second-gen after 21 years of service. This is a brand new lump, not a rework, and FHI has built a factory just to produce it.

The bore and stroke have been increased, and it will be available with four cylinders in 2.0- and 2.5-liter displacements. The intake ports have been redesigned, lighter pistons and connecting rods offer reduced internal friction, and separate cooling circuitry for the block and the head are some of the changes that have resulted in a lower emissions and a ten percent increase in fuel efficiency. No power figures are being quoted yet, so we'll have to see how it measures up when it finds its way into production engine bays.

This new boxer will be Subaru's primary engine, and will first be seen in the Forester. Follow the jump for the press release, and you can have a closer look at it the high-res image below.

Click: autoblog.com/2010/09/23/subaru-debuts-third-generation-boxer-four-cylinder-engine/

Andy pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.hellofish.net/photos/main.php
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine   Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptyThu 23 Sep - 19:17

timing chain crap No
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine   Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine EmptyThu 23 Sep - 23:31

plastic inlet like the new wrx!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine   Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine Empty

Back to top Go down

Subaru debuts third-generation boxer four-cylinder engine
Page 1 of 1