North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KushBex

KushBex

Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit?   Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptyTue 4 Jan - 20:37

Hi Folks,
I recently purchased one of the following complete rear end Polyurethane Bush Kit's off of a seller on eBay, you know one of those "it's only £50 - let's see" sort of deals.

Anyway I have alway's installed Powerflex poly bushes to all of my previous vehicles for the past 20 years and they have been great but the complete rear end kit from Powerflex was around £250-£275 so I thought that for £50 this eBay kit was a steal - And that included postage as well!

I received the full kit within 2 day's of ordering it and everything looked good, even came with Stainless Steel sleeve inserts. The kit was very easy to install after removing the old pushes which is a complete pain in the behind - no instructions are provided with the kit so if you need any guidance drop me a line.

So far I have completed over 500 miles with this kit and the car handles totally different from the previous worn out factory rubber bushes, okay so noise in the car is up a little bit but once the stereo is on the noise is not noticeable.

The only thing that I would say is make sure that you tell them which size rear anti-roll bar you have as the standard size they send you is 17mm, not much good if you have a STi 20mm anti-roll bar.

I replaced all eight of the lateral link bushes and the front trailing arm bushes, still to replace the rear beam bushes but need to wait until I get the car onto the ramp at work for this.

Just waiting on the front kit and the steering rack kit then my Whiteline Subframe Locking Bolt's & Rear Strut Brace to arrive before getting the car into Big Lou's for a final alignment.

Anyway enough waffling on - here is the link - get them bought - you will notice a great difference:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Subaru-Imperza-WRX-STI-Rear-Bush-Set-Polyurethane-/230570168694?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35af0d9176

Just for reference here is the link to the Powerflex site so you can see the price difference:
http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/Impreza+Turbo%2C+WRX+%26+Sti+%28GC%2CGF+93+-+00%29-131/1.html
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit?   Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptyTue 4 Jan - 22:09

Great bit of info that mate Cool
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit?   Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptyWed 5 Jan - 14:08

You might be waiting a while on the BigLou front.

I called into Car Tyre World at lunchtime to have a chat with him ref setting up my car and the woman in the office told me "he's off on MATERNITY leave" and she didnt know when he'd be back.

Is there no end to this man's talents ????
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit?   Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptyWed 5 Jan - 17:46

Typical - And I thought that Paul had just been putting weight on - Wow - Maternity Leave - Amazing Man!

I drove through Tudhoe this morning and was hgoing to call in & book but remembered that I am still waiting on some more bits.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit?   Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? EmptyWed 5 Jan - 19:46

You'll have to let us know how that poly bush kit goes. Ive got a feeling I could do with tightening up my back end. The whole thing feels a bit sloppy at the moment, hence my visit to Lou and 50 note looks like a bargain.

By the way Ive texted him but no reply yet. Will keep you posted on that front if I hear anything. I asked for a cheeky "group buy" price so I'll let you know what he comes back with. Probs call me a pikey and tell me to do one. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit?   Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Looking For A Cheap Poly Bush Kit?
Page 1 of 1