North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
anyone know this terzo EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
anyone know this terzo EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
anyone know this terzo EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
anyone know this terzo EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
anyone know this terzo EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
anyone know this terzo EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
anyone know this terzo EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
anyone know this terzo EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
anyone know this terzo EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

anyone know this terzo

Go down 
+2
atwrx
lian&johnsti
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

anyone know this terzo Empty
PostSubject: anyone know this terzo   anyone know this terzo EmptyTue 18 Jan - 11:11

a friend has been offered this for a swap for his 03 megane, does anyone on here know of it,and are its bad points bad,or an easy fix,thanks lian Very Happy
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-SUBARU-IMPREZA-TURBO-TERZO-12-MONTH-MOT-STANDARD-/170587288705?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27b7cb7481
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: anyone know this terzo   anyone know this terzo EmptyTue 18 Jan - 11:50

I know the doylum didn't reply to my email to him when I asked for his number when he advertised it on Pistonheads Classifieds without any contact details.

Waste of time IMO. I think his girlfriend/wife has asked him to sell it and he's advertising it but not actually going to sell it. If you know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
MiKe G

PostSubject: Re: anyone know this terzo   anyone know this terzo EmptyTue 18 Jan - 12:35

Thanks Lian
Hi guys, finally logged back in after changing my password, its me looking at it.
Ive had constant contact with the seller and i saw it on pistonheads and ive had no bother getting replies from him,seems a genuine seller.
I saw his write up on ebay and just wanted to check it out first with the people in the know.
My megane is an 04 reg Lian not an 03 by the way lol Wink
But the megane "is not really me", ive had it 6 months and the economy is great but its no Impreza,and ive been looking for a Catalunya, Terzo or RB5 for a while now as i want a special edition classic.
I just want to know if the oil leak and smell from the engine plus the gearbox issue, are they leading to something else commonly known that will need addressing?
Im not worried about advisories from the mot as every car has wear and tear items that need replacing.
Any info or advice would be great,im in no rush and ive looked at over 20 classics in the last 6 months and im still being picky but im keen to get back into a Subaru Smile
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Mike
Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: anyone know this terzo   anyone know this terzo EmptyTue 18 Jan - 16:56

don't know the car myself but oil leak/ strange smell sounds to me to be connected as with a scooby engine its quite easy for an oil leak to find its way onto the cat and in which case is a fairly simple cheap fix
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: anyone know this terzo   anyone know this terzo EmptyTue 18 Jan - 18:16

I am sure I have been behind this is Darlington on day as I mistook it for Mr Terzo.

Oil leak and burning smell is more than likely to be the drivers side rocker cover gasket - only £17 brand new from Subaru but a pain to change.

For the gearbox bushing I would imagine just changing the bushes would do the job as he describes it as just gear lever movement, may just need the linkages above the box lubed - most people miss this.

Remember to factor a cambelt change and the brake pipes, discs & play in the suspension bushes into any future maintenance budget.

You are doing the right thing - be picky - very picky, never rush into buying one - there are loads out there.

Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
mr terzo

PostSubject: Re: anyone know this terzo   anyone know this terzo EmptyTue 18 Jan - 18:44

Your more than welcome to a drive in mine. Just make sure it's been serviced regular. As kushbex has said the oil leak could well be the rocker cover gaskets. I had to change mine due to the heat from exhaust manifold making the gasket hard
Check the car has the number plaque below the ashtray. As you cant buy new plaques. The seats are basically sti seats without the red sti lettering. They also have fixed rear seats unlike normal uk cars which split/fold. Should also have terzo car mats
They come with a cobra 6422 cat 1 alarm and immobiliser as standard. The sensitivity for the alarm is under the centre consul near the handbrake.
It should have the alarm paper work with the service history wallet.

My car is number 282 of 333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone know this terzo   anyone know this terzo Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone know this terzo
Page 1 of 1