North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Leaving the scooby scene EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Leaving the scooby scene EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Leaving the scooby scene EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Leaving the scooby scene EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Leaving the scooby scene EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Leaving the scooby scene EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Leaving the scooby scene EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Leaving the scooby scene EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Leaving the scooby scene

Go down 
+5
wrx/uk/ppp
phil555
Ray
muzz
shoobydoo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
shoobydoo

shoobydoo

Leaving the scooby scene Empty
PostSubject: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 29 Mar - 20:07

Its with a heavy heart that i have to admit i,ve left scooby ownership after 4 and a half years .Unfortunately ive been dreading my renewal and can not justify £1.40 a litre for 260 miles to a tank.After wondering to sell or not to sell i sprang a coolant leak and took it to garage that did not fill me with confidence after much hassle from the missus( Sorry again Finn) and basically the guy bodged the coolant repair after 2 attempts then told me i had head gasket failure(emulsified oil).Personally i think he poured water in the oil just so i would not take it back,so ive got to drop the oil and replace and see if it re emulsifies to confirm his diagnosis.Any how this tipped the ballance so i am now the proud owner of a 2001 BMW 320d se Touring doing 550miles to a tank Very Happy.
If the head gasket is ok i may sell the car as a whole but i think i will be selling my goodies not that theres many.and taking onboard original parts then selling car to We buy any car.So if any body needs some 1000 mile godspeed 335mm discks.or some Brembo Gran Torino 4 pots,Advan Rg Alloys with Paradas,Defis,Lamco,s,Whiteline ARB and droplinks,Bilstein STI Rear shockers,Eibach 60mm springs,JDM front/rear strut braces,Magnex 6X4 full exhaust(wrapped centre and downpipe.Harvey Smith headers and a wrapped TD05, scooby chipped ECU proven 310BHP. Green cotten filter,Kenwood mask headunits X2.Toad AI606 alarm then i may be selling soon.still need to fathom prices yet.

Ps insurance is a joke tesco want 750 for an oil burner 36 yrs old 7 NCB ha ha ha affraid

Will still be on here though so you aint got rid of me that easily lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
muzz

muzz

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 29 Mar - 20:11

bloody hell mate, sorry to hear the news and im sure the vultures will be along soon with their pikey prices !
Back to top Go down
Ray

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 29 Mar - 20:19

That a shame mate but i know where your coming from, i owned an evo 8 running 400/400 and and doing about 180miles per tank, i went to a 330d m sport (remapped) they are ok and great mpg, but when your a petrol head you will be very board very soon, and back in an petrol turbo in no time. ilasted 9 months lol
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 29 Mar - 20:20

Sad news bud. No doubt you'll be back in a Scoob one day.
Back to top Go down
shoobydoo

shoobydoo

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 29 Mar - 20:26

Would like to hope so boys.Need to clear quite a bit of debt first before even begin to consider another one.Living the playboy lifestyle in me younger days eventually catches up with you...Mind you, you never know i could come back with my own 600BHP SCOOBY BUILT NOT BOUGHT thread.and really causec a stir. lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 29 Mar - 20:37

Thats not good to hear !
Can u not keep and only use at weekends etc i know it's not cheap running 2 cars but it can be done and it's so much more fun .
I have a shopping trolley focus for running around in and try to only run my scoob at weekends.
The big grin on my face when im driving the scoob says it all especially after a shit week at work it always give's me something to look forward too.
This is the first subaru i have owned and only had it 4 months but i would try anything to keep mine.
How about only summer surely some one will insure cheap for low millage and you could sorn for winter.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Calvert_87

Calvert_87

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 29 Mar - 20:44

Sorry to here your leaving but if you don't change your mind ail inquire about vulturing your Brembos ha. I take it that's a typo and they are the Gran Turismo 4 pots? How much would you be looking for them with the disks (take it there are 100pcd) and what make/condition are the pads. I am presuming there calipers will fit under WRX 17's. If its not one thinks it's another ha, just got me leaking gear box fixed, knackered seal and Darren pointed out that me front disks and cracked one badly all the way though and them Ferodos have disappeared again there must generate some heat ha. So am looking for a brake upgrade.
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 29 Mar - 20:46

bmw deisels are great the only problem is my mates got a 530d and to replace the fuel pump cost him £900

but good luck with the new car mate
Back to top Go down
cdm1

cdm1

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 29 Mar - 20:49

Sorry to hear about your problems. Why not keep it, take your time on the repairs as it sounds like it would a good track car. And now you have the perfect car to tow a trailer
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 29 Mar - 20:57

Being a second class pikey as ive been beat to it already first dibs on the defis!

There you go muzz got to live up to the pikey name lol!

And stick in there you should be able to find a reason to keep !
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene EmptyTue 29 Mar - 23:47

gutted to see u are selling up mate.

a would defo drop ya oil and put some cheap stuff in , just t confirm it is head gasket.

cos from what you told me about that garage affraid

and as a said if u do decide to break it give me a shout mate Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaving the scooby scene   Leaving the scooby scene Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaving the scooby scene
Page 1 of 1