North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)

Go down 
+5
baldy
CARLOS
phil555
kgt
Michael@thepolishingbooth
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) Empty
PostSubject: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyMon 18 Jul - 11:47

The Porsche 944 S2

The Customer found me through the Meguiars Website.

He was looking to buy a Meguiar's G220 Polishing Machine to mint up his Porsche 944 S2 as he has a customer coming on Tuesday from Pistonheads, the conversation soon turned to the condition of the car and he said it had seen better days the paint was thin in places and probably needs a respray in the future as it's got white patches all over the Guards Red Paint, Ok that was an exaggeration it was only over the Bonnet, Roof and Nearside None of this Clear coat malarky this is paint!Shocked Wink

The Befores

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ok Lets go to work!

Now inside and worried!

Taken back outside after clay bar and still worried! Shocked

Ok Lets Start, We found a combo that started to work, The paint was so dry it was literaly soaking the polish in before getting chance to work it, we settled on 3M compound and Menzerna on a 3M yellow pad being followed up by a 3M Ultrafina on a Yellow Pad swiftly being topped off with HD Wax.

50/50 Sort of!

The paint was soaking everything we threw at it and was fading out we tried another wax Chemical Guy's 52 and this helped, But we then applied Meguiars No7 Show glaze in 2 coats, this was the oil that was needed!

The afters!

The customer reaction was, It's now not for sale! Exclamation

Michael
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepolishingbooth.com
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyMon 18 Jul - 12:00

No surprise there, it looks great. But help me out here, you are talking about the paint as if it was a living being and literally drinking the product in as if it was dehydrated - correct ?
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyMon 18 Jul - 12:04

Good work.
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyMon 18 Jul - 12:04

cracking job micheal i do a bit ov machine polishing meself now know someone to get some tips off Cool
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyMon 18 Jul - 19:55

lookin good there m8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyMon 18 Jul - 21:00

kgt wrote:
No surprise there, it looks great. But help me out here, you are talking about the paint as if it was a living being and literally drinking the product in as if it was dehydrated - correct ?

Yes you are exactly correct, Older Paint is a bit like skin it drys out over time and has plenty of skin that needs the dead bits removing, However on this job after flatting off the paint was soaking up the polish and the fading back again it was that tired, It needed a really Oily Polish that Megs No7 this wasn't a walk in the park and was completed in a single day Very Happy

Michael
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepolishingbooth.com
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyMon 18 Jul - 21:07

Thanks Michael, appreciate the detailed answer. That cars is a great advert for your business, a proper Lazarus job.
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyMon 18 Jul - 21:47

Well done pal cracking work!!
Back to top Go down
martyp1970

martyp1970

PostSubject: Re: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyTue 20 Dec - 23:35

wow thats amazing Cool
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyWed 21 Dec - 7:42

Spot on looks well... The bit were you we're explaining the mixes I got lost I have always liked looking at the pictures to explain the story lol
Back to top Go down
REZ

REZ

PostSubject: Re: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) EmptyWed 21 Dec - 12:26

Fantastic.. love threads like this regardless of what car it is.. cossies get me going though!! If as you say the paint needs dead bits removing as skin does could you not dip it in a huge tank full of those skin eating fish to sort the problem?? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)   Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Not a Scooby but an Idea of what I can do ;-)
Page 1 of 1