North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T

Go down 
+6
Jonny Gav
wrx/uk/ppp
FINN
phils (Rip off) scooby
hardy172
BlazingPixie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BlazingPixie

BlazingPixie

94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T Empty
PostSubject: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptyFri 22 Jul - 23:30

Hi peeps,oki to save me writing the essay again ,im gonna copy n paste it from scooby nets,,sec.......oki heres my dilemma,hope yas can help ....finally got my scooby tax n insured,couldnt wait,off i popped out was fine through town,4-5 mins,hit the bypass,took it steady tho,didnt boot it,as not been drove for along time,1 yr ish..anywhoo,,temp shot up straight into the red,before even a mile...this was the problem when i bought the car she had,taken to garage,i bought new thermostat,new water pump,new radiator..so..wierd thing is ,she can tick over 40 mins plus and shes fine,soon as go out in her,even driving like a sunday driver ,lol,she still over heats,get bk home and she pisses out water from the coolant bottle,and last time,i cooled her down,filled her back up and it took 4 litres of water....please help guys if you can,pls pls dont say the heads,coz ill cry..600 pounds was last garage bill...:/
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptyFri 22 Jul - 23:34

head gasket??

a boffin will be along shortly to gie a more accurate answer
Back to top Go down
BlazingPixie

BlazingPixie

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 0:28

your way up there,and im down ere T_T theres no way i can drive her,id have to stop every 5 min lol :/
Back to top Go down
BlazingPixie

BlazingPixie

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 0:29

Thanks guys,and yeah theyr'e saying the same thing on scoob net:/..biggest fear....2 young lads owned her before me,need i say more...shes cost me over a grand already,im not letting go this easy..
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 0:46

try header tank first or get a leakage test done
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 3:50

could be head gasket.

be careful who you choose to inspect it.

Last edited by FINN on Sun 24 Jul - 1:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 10:51

Get a pressure test done first as this should tell you what it is affraid

then take it from there im sure someone on here should have a pressure testing kit and be able to have a look for you !

or i can let you use my kit as i have one if you are down this way and you have someone who knows what they are doing cheers
Back to top Go down
BlazingPixie

BlazingPixie

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 20:31

oki update,today drained all water out,ran a rad flush through,filled up ,heat was blowing thru the vents like awesome,temp stayed fine..took it for a quick run other end of town,was fine,staying at speed limit she was oki..till i booted up a bank,blowers went cold,looked at temp,was to the max..this is what shes been doing all day,normal driving shes been fine but with no heat thru vents.just been to mc'ds,over heated on the 40 road,let her cool down,came back to town and she was fine,got nr enough home,heaters were working,temp was fine all way back,took a lil long way,before home to keep her going,booted a tiny bit,coz some corsa teen was up my butt..heaters went cold and temp back full..so yeah,,my uncle who ran the flush ect thinks its not the heads but a blockage somewhere...every lil journey ive done has been oki,till boot it a bit..please say now its not the heads XD oh and the bottom hose stays cold while everywhere else is boiling,but it was hot today when blowers were working alright...
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 20:36

Faulty thermostat or an air lock maybe ?

Sure someone will know on here scratch
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 20:39

I am 100% confident it is the head gasket after that description.

Have a word with Drew, Andy K or FINN about a repair as these are the recommend people we all use and trust on the forum.
Back to top Go down
BlazingPixie

BlazingPixie

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 20:48

wrx/uk/ppp yeah i got a new thermo,water pump and a new Rad,only today after giving the flush and refill has there been any heat....Johnny,i been offered a engine with no probs for 400,inc delivery,,,sure this is the road to go down..so may ideas from people im still hoping its just air lock lol...i have nothing nasty comin from exhaust,jsut need to refill after a test drive all time,,,oh and flush came clear..maybe if i hadnt of booted her that bit,she might of been oki...i dunno what to do..been trying to get hold of the guy in west auckland who fitted all the new parts,prolly seen my number n thought F that! lol,ill keep yas updated and tytyty again for all ur help,its appreciated x
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 21:12

What is happening is the gasket is sealed when the cylinders are under normal operating pressure, when you put your foot down the boost rises and so does the in cylinder pressures, this pushes the cylinder gasses past the gasket into the water jacket of the engine.

Seen these very symptoms 100's of times.

A simple water system gas test will tell you either way.
Back to top Go down
BlazingPixie

BlazingPixie

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 21:14

is this test pricey? im not a pennysaver by all means but ive spent over a grand and aint drove her for it T_T,and where do i get one of these done,dont know any local garage in my town i can trust yet x p.s been told a guys name to contact,who they trust in my town,ill give them a ring on monday x
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 21:50

Any decent garage will do the test for nothing, the only one in your area I personally would steer clear of is Stablers.
Back to top Go down
BlazingPixie

BlazingPixie

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 22:11

Add Inline Garages to your cowboy list too,they had mine for 8 months !! they never did a scooby before and basically all they did was dismantle my engine and put it all in the boot,dash board was on back seat..all this ,was to find out why she wouldnt start.....8 months...took her to west auckland,he had her 2 days,1 day rebuilding her and next day finding out what was making her not strt..he had a list from inline what they had tried,so spent a full day,till 8 pm totally baffled,thought f it,and decided to go over their checks,,second thing he tried was the timing..bingo..8 months for a hours job,cost me 600 quid in garage bills..so yeah dont forward anyone on this site or friends outside it to them,,they beyond a joke
Back to top Go down
BlazingPixie

BlazingPixie

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 22:13

P.s theres a guy in percy road,Darlington and aparently ppl come form all over to go to him..so im gonna phone him on monday,i did get a few bits off him as he breaks alot of them. and then got told to try inline,as were new garage ect..shame i didnt stick with percy road one...so fingers crossed x
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 22:24

yup sounds like a head
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 22:53

The guy in darlow could be harvey ?

And im pretty sure he knows his shit lol

And the guys on here as johnny said are the ones we all get advice and do the work on our stuff so very highly recomemded cheers
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 22:55

It sounds like head gasket all day long i'm afraid.

Get it to any decent garage and they will tell you for sure.
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySat 23 Jul - 23:33

I'd say Deffo head gasket, sounds like you've changed everything else that it could be.

The test Finn is talking about is also called a 'sniff test'. We do them for a tenner so not expensive. It's basically a fluid that changes colour when it detects carbon in your coolant. If that's the case then it's Deffo head gasket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eclipse-performance.com
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySun 24 Jul - 14:05

unfortunatly its def head gaskets, i do them all the time and its them exact symptoms ur desrcibing, anyway to do the job rite i charge £600 all in which includes up rated multi layer steel head gaskets and 12 months unlimited milage warranty Smile

Andy
Back to top Go down
leeandjude

leeandjude

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T EmptySun 24 Jul - 18:05

pixie, i got my scooby rebuilt by harvey/darren on percy road. He was a spot on guy and deffo knows his stuff.
why dont you take it down there for a test? i can give you his number if you want?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T   94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T Empty

Back to top Go down

94 WRX Over heating,please help T_T
Page 1 of 1