North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Go down 
+3
GIPA
CARLOS
kgt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

Fuel Pressure Regulator Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyTue 26 Jul - 22:08

Right chaps, after receiving Finns advice that an FPR is a rather useful gizmo to have on board as part of my power upgrade, does anyone have any experiences to share or any brand advice ?

I can see they seem to range from stupidly cheap (which I'd avoid by nature) to very expensive (which I might have to avoid as it wasnt in the original budget)

My initial search has turned up the following brands :

FSE - seem basic and functional
Sytec - look pretty robust and are adjustable
Fuelab - totally look the business but probably beyond my budget

Give me your thoughts.

And if you've got anything for sale surplus to requirement that'll fit the red blob, then let me know that too.
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyTue 26 Jul - 22:15

i am no expert but why do you need one i never had one and my car run great power and torque is it saftey for fueling reasons Smile
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyTue 26 Jul - 22:40

What you asking me for, I dont question the elders.......I just follow orders Laughing
Back to top Go down
GIPA

GIPA

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyTue 26 Jul - 22:52

Fuel lab are quality piece of kit only ever ran fuel lab but few of th lads on here I've seen run sytec without Any probs :-)

You fit them to run higher fuel pressure ;-)
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyWed 27 Jul - 6:08

Here is a link that gives you a bit off info not much mind lol!

http://www.xspeed.com.au/tech_features.php?tech_id=24

Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyWed 27 Jul - 7:42

GIPA wrote:
Fuel lab are quality piece of kit only ever ran fuel lab but few of th lads on here I've seen run sytec without Any probs :-)

You fit them to run higher fuel pressure ;-)

Agree with Lee. Fuelab are probs one of the best. ASP do a very good price on these.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyWed 27 Jul - 10:35

The question with the FPR is NEED to do.....or NICE to do ?

http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/58901.html

If I use the advice on Andy Forrests guidance page for an 01-05 WRX (link above), the requirement for an FPR comes into the mix at Level 3 (360-390bhp) in conjunction with full 3" systems, 05-20G turbos etc

I'm expecting to end up somewhere in between what he describes as Level 2 (a) and Level 3

What do you think ?

In addition to my current spec uppers (STi intercooler, full decat, ported headers, K&N panel, Walbro 255, NGK7's, 3 port solenoid), I'll be adding - STi scoop and undertray, a VF30 turbo and pink 550's

And as I dont want to get to the point of eating clutches and gearboxes, the map will probably be held back slightly from the full potential of all these mods, but I still cant figure out what necessitates the FPR ?

Andy's guidance introduces 550's at Level 2 (290-310bhp) but no FPR, so I assume the FPR isnt needed to deal with the bigger injectors alone.

But at Level 3 he introduces the FPR in conjunction with the 20G turbo which must be what packs the punch to get from circa 300bhp to circa 380bhp - is that the governing factor and if so, how does the VF30 compare ?

I appreciate this level of technical detail is not what you usually expect from me, but its your fault I'm learning and therefore asking the question. Laughing

I just want to make sure when I* build this, it only gets done once.

* obviously when I say "I" you should read "Kindon".....he might let me hold the odd spanner if I'm a good boy but most likely I'll get sent to the shop for fags and sandwiches.

Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyWed 27 Jul - 11:19

I'm running a VF43 and me bro a VF48 fully wound up with 550's and no FPR with no problems or fueling issues. From what I've picked up along the way, I would say on a newage running a VF series turbo a FPR would come under 'Nice to have' rather than 'Needed', unless you plan on further upgrades or have the Jonny/Finn/AndyK/Drew/ProMapper/Etc knowledge levels to mess about with fueling etc Laughing

TBH the best person to ask is whoever mapped or will be mapping the car. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyWed 27 Jul - 20:24

there's some on here if you are after one Very Happy

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/889966-sard-fprs.html
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyWed 27 Jul - 21:57

wrx/uk/ppp - cheers fella, I spotted this a few days ago. have dropped him a PM.

robbo_22 - been in touch with Andrew Carr who'll be working the magic and he echoed your experience, not necessary at this level. Certainly wouldnt do any harm, but probably falls under the heading of NICE to do, if I have the spare lolly. If I see a decent one at a good price, I might pounce, but not having much luck at the moment - just missed out on a genuine scoop for pikey price by half and hour Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyWed 27 Jul - 22:59

Keith, I would go with robbo on this one, its a nice to have but not needed at your power level, over 400 then I would say go for it.

when mine was running 380hp along time ago with no fpr, I had no problems with it.
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyWed 27 Jul - 23:01

thats why i asked why do you need one Smile
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyWed 27 Jul - 23:08

Cheers chaps, I knew I could rely on the family for sound advice.

Realistically I cant afford to get into the 380-400 realms as I cant justify the new gearbox / clutch set up it would probably need at that point. So long as I get it up over 300 with my mods and still have an enjoyable, reliable everyday car, then I'll be more than happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator EmptyThu 28 Jul - 0:12

Im gonna be using a SARD one on my next build. If you do decide to go for one at any point, deffo stay clear of Ebay specials. I know you said you wouldnt get one but its a bit of advice to anyone else reading this thread. I tried one and it kindly started to leak fuel (onto my exhaust manifold where mine was located) Evil or Very Mad . Fortunately i stopped when i noticed the smell but it could have easily lit the car up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator   Fuel Pressure Regulator Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel Pressure Regulator
Page 1 of 1