North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Wife's bumped the Scoob

Go down 
+9
Dan G
MARKPRIOR
red devil
bigwill
Rooter
KushBex
hardy172
F1NNY
Walwal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Walwal

Walwal

Wife's bumped the Scoob Empty
PostSubject: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyWed 27 Jul - 23:37

As the wifes Astra is in with a cylinder head gasket problem, she's been using my motor for work this week. Today I get a phone call off her in tears saying she's bumped the car. Turns out she's ended up in a 4 car prang.

So, the motor's in a bit of a sorry state, got both front and rear end damage cos she was 3rd car of the 4. She's hit the car in front then got hit from behind. Been at the QE hospital all tonight with the wife due to her neck giving her hokey. They put her in a neck brace when she got there, and X-rayed her head/neck for any bone damage. Thankfully, it appears it's just whiplash, and not any spinal damage. The car might fix, spinal damage wouldn't, so I'm thankful for that.

So, things are now in the hands of the insurers. My policy will take the hit for wor lass hitting the car in front I reckon, but the car behind should be liable for the rear end damage to mine, which is worse than the front, but not much. Damage to the front looks like drivers wing, front bumper, grille and headlight. Back end is bumper, rear panel, tail light, boot is bent at the bottom right, the back panel where the boot locks into (it'll have a proper name, lol) has been pushed back about 2 inches on the drivers side, and the IC water spray bottle has split off the impact.

I'll post some pics up tomorrow after I get them off my phone.

Bit gutted at the min like Sad

Andy.
Back to top Go down
F1NNY

F1NNY

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyWed 27 Jul - 23:48

sorry to hear the news mate but atleast the mrs is ok thats the main thing! hope everything gets sorted soon and you get to keep the car.
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyWed 27 Jul - 23:49

nightmare mate i know what it feels like to ya scoob in a sorry state!

but at least your lass is ok!
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyWed 27 Jul - 23:53

Cheers lads. She cannot move her head much at the min, but should end up ok. She also feels really sh1tty about the state of the car, but it should fix. I've told her to forget about the motor, it's just a car, but she's taking it hard.

Been a bad week mind, what with her cars cylinder head, then yesterday I was digging the weeds out of the front garden and I put the garden fork thru a yellow gas pipe, now this. I'm scared to go for a p1ss in case part of my anatomy falls off lol!

Andy

Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyThu 28 Jul - 6:22

Hey Andy,
Gutted for you mate, at least the Mrs is okay, could have been so much worse.

Hope you manage to get it all sorted out quickly.
Back to top Go down
Rooter

Rooter

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyThu 28 Jul - 6:26

gutted for you matey

hopefully the wife and car are on the mend quickly
Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyThu 28 Jul - 8:37

gutted mate but like you say its only a car at least your missus is ok thats the main thing
Back to top Go down
red devil

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyThu 28 Jul - 9:09

Same happened to us a few years back and the last car took the hit for everyone - no claim on our insurance at all...

Things may have changed since then of course but if someone shunts you down the road it kind of takes away leaving sufficent braking distance infront of you!!
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyThu 28 Jul - 9:47

Thanks guys. Just had a call to say the car will be picked up today for repair.

Here's some pics I took on my phone:

Wife's bumped the Scoob IMAG0053

Wife's bumped the Scoob IMAG0052

Wife's bumped the Scoob IMAG0050

Wife's bumped the Scoob IMAG0049

Wife's bumped the Scoob IMAG0048

The damage is actually worse than the photos make it look. Boot won't shut, headlight is smashed, grille is smashed.

Andy.
Back to top Go down
MARKPRIOR

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyThu 28 Jul - 13:32

Wife's bumped the Scoob Falcon-1
Back to top Go down
Dan G

Dan G

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyThu 28 Jul - 18:21

Sorry to hear bout the scoob mate

Glad the wifes ok though Smile
Back to top Go down
Andymac

Andymac

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyFri 29 Jul - 11:21

Firstly hope the wife's ok bud and as for the backend damage looks similar to how mine was and it cost the insurance 3500 large ones to fix hope everything gets sorted soon bud
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyFri 29 Jul - 22:00

MARKPRIOR wrote:
Wife's bumped the Scoob Falcon-1

i've just watched this over and over again!!! FPMSL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyFri 29 Jul - 22:51

Andymac wrote:
Firstly hope the wife's ok bud and as for the backend damage looks similar to how mine was and it cost the insurance 3500 large ones to fix hope everything gets sorted soon bud

£3500??? Wow. At what point do they say a car's not worth repairing and write it off?? Is there a %age of the cars value, or is it when the repair costs more than the cars value??

Don't think mine'll be written off, just curious now I've got a motor that's been in a smash.

Andy

Back to top Go down
Andymac

Andymac

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptySun 31 Jul - 22:04

From what uk assistance told me it is purely on the value of the car and what it costs to fix so if the repair is over a certain percentage of the value they right it off but not sure what that percentage is mate and uk assistance are second to non for body repair and paint Hoe you get sorted
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyTue 2 Aug - 15:59

Well the bodyshop have evaluated the cost of repairing the car, but wouldn't tell me much it is. Cannot see the problem in telling me, but she wouldn't.

Said it had to go to the insurer and I'd hear in good time what was happening. So no further forward in finding out how long it'll take to fix it up.

Wife is still in pain and the bruising on her shoulder off the seatbelt is getting worse.

Andy.

Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyTue 2 Aug - 16:57

i do insurance work now and then, to be honest bud i will be very suprised if that gets repaired

Andy
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyTue 2 Aug - 17:00

Andy Kindon wrote:
i do insurance work now and then, to be honest bud i will be very suprised if that gets repaired

Andy

Honestly?? Surprised me that mate. Like I said, the photos make it look better than it actually is, but I didn't put it as a write off myself.

Mind you, I'm no assessor like, and you've more experience of this than me.

Andy.

Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyTue 2 Aug - 17:17

yeah unfortunately, anyway the garage wont tell you anything but ur insurance company will tell you costs of repair etc and if its an unecominal repair or not once there engineer verifies the estimate from the garage, there pretty swift at this part of the proccess as its costing them storage charges so you should hear from them in next day or so

Andy
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyTue 2 Aug - 17:37

Mine was just rear end damage similar to yours and they were thinking of writing mine off but they decided to fix it in the end after a bit of persuasion
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyWed 3 Aug - 17:09

Still hadn't heard owt, so phoned my broker to ask for an update.

Been told the insurance company are sending someone for a personal visit to see the motor at the bodyshop either tomorrow or the next day.

No idea what that's about. Anyone had anything similar?

Andy
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyWed 3 Aug - 17:37

yes thats the procedure, ther sending there engineer who will go through the repair estimate with bodyshop to make sure everything talleys up

Andy
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyWed 3 Aug - 17:46

Thanks Andy, I'm new to all this insurance stuff

Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyMon 8 Aug - 19:39

Phoned the insurance for an update today. They reckon they're waiting on the engineers report, then I'll be told whether it'll be repaired or wrote off.

Hopefully I'll know 1 way or another by the end of the week.

Andy.

Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob EmptyFri 12 Aug - 15:06

Update:

Phoned insurance again today. Engineer was only going to look at it today Sad

I asked the guy on the phone what the repair bill was and he told me £5000 Shocked

Said it's borderline whether it'll be written off but they'll know for sure when they get the engineers report, probably by Tuesday. I wish they'd hurry up, I'm in limbo here not knowing if it'll be repaired or wrote off.

If wrote off, I need to start looking for my next motor.

Andy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wife's bumped the Scoob   Wife's bumped the Scoob Empty

Back to top Go down

Wife's bumped the Scoob
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next