North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Went to look at this yesterday EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Went to look at this yesterday EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Went to look at this yesterday EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Went to look at this yesterday EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Went to look at this yesterday EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Went to look at this yesterday EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Went to look at this yesterday EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Went to look at this yesterday EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Went to look at this yesterday EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Went to look at this yesterday

Go down 
+2
Jonny Gav
Steviedoo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

Went to look at this yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Went to look at this yesterday   Went to look at this yesterday EmptySun 11 Sep - 10:51

Went to look at this yesterday Ad80e5f1

It's a 2005, 54 plate Audi S4 Cabriolet,
Has anybody on here ever had anything to do with them, they sound really nice with been a 4.2 V8 but not sure what they will be like to live with compared to the scoob, performance should be good as around 340bhp as standard,not sure what economy will be compared to the scoob.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Went to look at this yesterday   Went to look at this yesterday EmptySun 11 Sep - 11:08

My cuz has one, very nice car, sounds fantastic and is nice to drive, mpg is an avarage of 14mpg in the real world, handling is soft and suffers from scuttle shake like almost all convertibles, doesn't feel like 340hp but they are a heavy car.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Went to look at this yesterday   Went to look at this yesterday EmptySun 11 Sep - 15:02

14mpg Shocked Are they really that bad, think from a standing start they will not feel as quick as a scoob but should feel ok wants moving with that big engine up front and no turbo lag, might have to test drive one and see how it feels.
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: Went to look at this yesterday   Went to look at this yesterday EmptySun 11 Sep - 15:06

Nice car - Was looking at the S4's to replace the Foz but then checked out MPG, Insurance etc.

Foz costs me £700 fully comp and the S4 was going to cost me £3250, with £400+ Road Tax and with my driving - single figure MPG everywhere.

The engines are sweet but suffer problems with the coil packs.
My boss has the S5 - Same engine but they are a very lazy V8, pretty slow on take off but a good cruiser though - his coil pack failed at a very high speed and the car dropped a valve and was in at Audi for two months with a £5000 repair bill.
His does not accelerate quick but does sound nice, pretty quick at the higher speeds but it's so boring and does not handle very well, brakes are rubbish, even though they look huge up front they are only single pots on the front and fade terribly.

I was looking at the newer shape models 2006 on and they are going for between 10-13k.
Even looked at a modified one in Glasgow with full Milltek, coilovers and loads of ABT bits for £12k, but no way in hell am I paying that for insurance.

Do what I did and stick to your Subaru - It will be a lot cheaper in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Went to look at this yesterday   Went to look at this yesterday EmptySun 11 Sep - 16:06

£3250 for insurance Shocked how come it was that high I've had a quote for £686 which is only £36 more than the scoob and as cabriolet's are normally more to insure don't think that's bad, how come your quote was that much more than your foz and the model I was looking at was a 2005 so cheaper tax. Still have not decided yet though still love my scoob.
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Went to look at this yesterday   Went to look at this yesterday EmptySun 11 Sep - 17:43

Steviedoo wrote:
14mpg Shocked Are they really that bad, think from a standing start they will not feel as quick as a scoob but should feel ok wants moving with that big engine up front and no turbo lag, might have to test drive one and see how it feels.

yes 14mpg for an average driver, less if ya like to throttle on, big engine but its de tuned in that model, feels nothing like what yad expect 340bhp to feel like so from a performance point its bad but quality and comfort its very good, looks of a womens car imo
Back to top Go down
Andymac

Andymac

PostSubject: Audi   Went to look at this yesterday EmptyMon 12 Sep - 11:33

Nearly bought on of these great car but worse on juice than the Scooby and tax is around £440 if I am going to pay that much road tax would rather have a range rover or an rb 320
Back to top Go down
REZ

REZ

PostSubject: Re: Went to look at this yesterday   Went to look at this yesterday EmptyMon 12 Sep - 15:05

Well that settles that, by complete coincidence i've been looking ar S4 avants on pistonheads etc over the weekend.. bloody 14mpg?? no fooking chance.. sticking with my wagon i think for the forseeable future.. bring on the snow Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went to look at this yesterday   Went to look at this yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

Went to look at this yesterday
Page 1 of 1