North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
bloody insurance ! EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
bloody insurance ! EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
bloody insurance ! EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
bloody insurance ! EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
bloody insurance ! EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
bloody insurance ! EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
bloody insurance ! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
bloody insurance ! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
bloody insurance ! EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

bloody insurance !

Go down 
+8
maca
jr-85
impreza1234
hardy172
KushBex
D4VEW557
baldy
bazpro88
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bazpro88

bazpro88

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptySun 16 Oct - 19:14

been getting quotes for another impreza and cheapest am getting quoted so far is £1200
does that seem high for a 29yr old clean license,9 years no claims dh4 postcode.
the car is finns classic sti but even uk turbos are around the same.
havent tried kieth micheals yet as can never seem to get through and am thinkin of trying a plan but last time they said u got to have owned the car for over a year !
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptySun 16 Oct - 19:16

ive never had any probs with Aplan theyve insured all my scoobs scratch
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptySun 16 Oct - 19:43

they where the cheapest i got quoted when i had my bugeye but when i bought it and tried to insure it they said they wont insure me as i havent owned the car for over a year.
not what i wanted to hear when i had to drive all the back from scotland in it!
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptySun 16 Oct - 21:12

i have had nothing but bad experiences with a plan found them unhelpful and never been the cheapest quotes.

I was getting quotes of between £1200 and £6000 when i was looking around earlier this month so i ended up staying with kieth micheals who were by far the cheapest £665 and that was 32yr old 11 no claims but a sp50 conviction 4yr ago
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyMon 17 Oct - 20:29

I just got a quote from A-Plan this morning For £645.

Fully Comp policy with ALL modifications declared and like for like replacement.

And that's with 9 Points (2 x SP30 & 1 x SP50) and Bex Total Loss write off 4 years ago so only 5 years no claims.

Well chuffed!
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyMon 17 Oct - 23:25

i'm paying £670 thats with a fault claim last year. i'm 30 and live in DH4 as well so i'd say £1200 is alot.

i'm with keith micheals. if you cant get through to them pm moley on scoobynet thats gary who works there and looks after subarus
Back to top Go down

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyTue 18 Oct - 0:26

ive got the same problem atm mate lol. im currently being quoted around the £1400 mark and im 26, clean licence, 7yrs ncb in DH1 postcode. A-plan is one of the first on my calling list seeming as they quoted me £700 for the 22B when i was inline for that. i paid £520 to insure my sport this year Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
impreza1234

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyTue 18 Oct - 7:21

flux direct for me 575 f/c with claim within last 5 years
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyTue 18 Oct - 11:02

Flux came back with 2700 when I got a online quote but think must of been some kind of mistake with that one.
Back to top Go down
jr-85

jr-85

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyTue 18 Oct - 17:30

Im paying £2700 for my wrx,its the cheapest i could find lol
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyWed 19 Oct - 8:38

jr-85 wrote:

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyWed 19 Oct - 15:12

£550 Keith Michaels with the Mrs on the policy, all mods declared and room for plenty more before it goes up any further. Took me a while to get hold of Gary Moulson at Keith Michaels but it was worth the effort. APlan wanted 800+ for the same risk.

And for the record theres fk all difference tween the price you'd get quoted with 5 yrs NCB and 25 yrs NCB, the typical scale is 1yr=30%, 2yr=40%, 3yr=50%, 4yr=60%, 5yr=65% and thats the max discount. Anybpdy claiming to give more than that will just have an over inflated top line to recover it. Yawn.......I'll get me coat. Boring ex-broker cnut.
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyWed 19 Oct - 15:43

jr-85 wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked
my god you should get it loads cheaper than that affraid if i had to pay anywhere near that i would no longer be a subaru owner,we pay £600 full ncb all mods declared, with A Plan Very Happy
lian queen
Back to top Go down
jr-85

jr-85

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyWed 19 Oct - 16:04

lian&johnwrx wrote:
jr-85 wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked
my god you should get it loads cheaper than that affraid if i had to pay anywhere near that i would no longer be a subaru owner,we pay £600 full ncb all mods declared, with A Plan Very Happy
lian queen

Its my first insurance lol! always been on dads to save money at the time,looks like all that saving didnt get saved haha scratch nevermind along as i dont end up in a tree somewhere its worth it i spose,its only £279 a month after paying my deposit Shocked ..i need some ncb's under my belt!
Back to top Go down

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyWed 19 Oct - 20:21

jr-85 wrote:
its only £279 a month

ONLY? Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid
Back to top Go down
Geordie_Aaron

Geordie_Aaron

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyWed 19 Oct - 20:28

I dont even spend that in Petrol! I'm bearly 26 and pay under £600 (by £1) for a classic STI with Admiral! Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Aaron.P85
jr-85

jr-85

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyWed 19 Oct - 20:35

Yellowperil wrote:
jr-85 wrote:
its only £279 a month

ONLY? Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid
. I know its crazy but theres nowt i can do about it,i tried my luck with the sti first affraid So i settled for a wrx, i want 300bhp but i wouldnt be able to tell anyone haha decisions decisions lol!
Back to top Go down
jr-85

jr-85

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyWed 19 Oct - 20:38

Geordie_Aaron wrote:
I dont even spend that in Petrol! I'm bearly 26 and pay under £600 (by £1) for a classic STI with Admiral! Surprised
admiral were extortion,i think im getting ripped off coz im a welshman living in england lol!
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyWed 19 Oct - 20:45

Didn't know Admiral did modified cars!
Remember that ANY modification from the standard vehicle if not declared will invalidate your insurance and insurers love any excuse not to pay out.
Be the mod - wheels, stickers, stereo, seats, even a performance air filter and gauges.

I fell foul of this modified lark in the early 90's.
Had my pickup insured as a standard Toyota Diesel Hilux in white, showing off one day, clipped a high kerb and rolled it.
Insurance assessor came out with his flamin' clipboard and noticed the following modifications:
Rover V8 engine,
British Racing Green paintwork,
3ft suspension lift,
balloon tyres,
Roll and bull bars,
Twin chrome exhaust stacks,
10 x KC Daylighter spotlights.
Proper Fall Guy truck - Remember Colt Seevers!

Obviously I never received a penny and lost a fortune having to bust up the truck.
Back to top Go down
jr-85

jr-85

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyWed 19 Oct - 20:52

When you put it like that i think il jold on awhile or find out how much extra id have to pay! Knowing my luck id get it tuned then end up crashing the same day,then have a good old fashioned man-cry haha
Back to top Go down

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptyWed 19 Oct - 20:55

admiral will insure a modified car but wont cover the mods. personally i would declare all aftermarket mods apart from optional extras that could have been supplied on the car without being requested etc or oem parts.
Back to top Go down
BigG_wrx

BigG_wrx

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptySun 23 Oct - 21:36

I hadn't declared all mods to my insurance company and was shatting myself when that bird crashed into my front offside in feb...plus side the car was repaired with no quibble about mods...downside the aftermarket bumper was only gonna get replaced by standard wrx bumper!
Luckily I bought my own new aftermarket bumper then claimed it back when I sued the biatch that hit me!

For peace of mind I'd def declare mods in the future with a like for like replacement.

I almost spat out my drink when I read the "it's only 279 a month" comment....the car loan doesnt cost me that much a month!!
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptySun 23 Oct - 21:42

I almost spat out my drink when I read the "it's only 279 a month" comment....the car loan doesnt cost me that much a month!![/quote]

shit dont spend that a yr in petrol Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptySun 23 Oct - 21:46

baldy wrote:
dont spend that a yr in petrol Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sorry - Don't you mean Baldy brand ecofuel lol!
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! EmptySun 23 Oct - 21:50

yeah yeah ok ..ill refrase i dont spend anythin on fuel Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bloody insurance ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: bloody insurance !   bloody insurance ! Empty

Back to top Go down

bloody insurance !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next