North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Track Days: How do i go about going on one?

Go down 
+5
mitchsti
baldy
cairns
Steviedoo
SubbyG00n
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SubbyG00n

Track Days: How do i go about going on one? Empty
PostSubject: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptySat 10 Dec - 21:25

Rite well I've been wanting to go on a track day for ages now. I wanted to with my last car and now that i have a Scooby I want to even more. I wanna go on one on my bike too once I know how to go about it.

For the Scooby it doesn't have to even be tarmac, I'd be happy to rag the car round a field or gravel.

But where can I do it and when?

Are there places I can just drive up to and pay or do i need a licence or something? Is it only certain days or what's the craik? Does my car need a special certificate or owt like that?

With work - i work away at the drop of a hat any day and i don't know how long for, could be away 2 days or 2 months and I don't normally know when i'm back til i'm at the airport heading home. Because of this I already had to practically give away a Track Day at Croft in a Lambo (cost something like £400, sold it for under £100 a few days b4 on JNE)... So something you need to book up isn't good for me.

So what's the deal peeps, do I need to Drive to Germany (2ce if i wanna go on my bike too) or is there somewhere closer i can go?
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptySat 10 Dec - 22:49

I used this company for the one I done at croft a few years a go and found them really good, they organise them at loads of different tracks.

http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/index.asp
Back to top Go down
cairns

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptySun 11 Dec - 1:26

Try entering grudgement days at elvington (google it)

That's what I done this year. You are put into classes depending the spec of your car.
It's a coned circuit so there's not much chance of damaging your car.
You don't have to book. You just turn up and pay on the day
This year I entered the standard class but next year I will move up to the modified class
It's good fun to see what you and your car are capable of without loosing your licence
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptySun 11 Dec - 20:52

apperntly croft are supposed to be doin some cracking deals in new yr
Back to top Go down
mitchsti

mitchsti

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptySun 11 Dec - 21:34

Could we not get an NESF track day at croft, they might even offer a little discount if enough intrest is shown. Just an idea.

Andy
Back to top Go down
shoobydoo

shoobydoo

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptyTue 13 Dec - 14:42

If you call teessisde autodrome a company is doing a special deal over xmas and beyond.5 hours on a night.3 laps one way(1 tutorial 1 spotted and 1 at pace) then again in reverse. Then again on the large track.After which 30 people i think race off like sprint cycling each end of track.then a grand final.all in a 300bhp rally prepped scooby.Cost 299 but if you get a flyer from teesside park its only 90.Sounds like a good night out.Trying to get me and our lass signed up.
Back to top Go down
shoobydoo

shoobydoo

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptyTue 13 Dec - 14:44

I think the company is Exteme motorsport or something but not corporate trackdays.
Back to top Go down
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptyTue 13 Dec - 15:43

I've been in that Scooby at Teesside round the rally track they have got and it's a quick motor he said it was 350bhp all built by Scooby clinic.
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptyTue 13 Dec - 16:53

I would pay to join MLR as they do track days all year long and the money you save on your first outing from being a member will pay for your subsciption
Back to top Go down
SubbyG00n

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptyTue 13 Dec - 20:12

Stevie, I had a look at that circuit days. Looks like there could be something i'm interested in at some point, nothing for several months tho.

Cairns, Grudgement days looks mint but there's nowt in the calendar so is it still going? That would do me like.

I'd be up for a NESF day like if enough people would fancy it.

Shoobydoo, that Autodrome day sounds fun... not really what i was after cos i wanted to do it in my car but for £90 that would be well worth it for the fun.

Stevebt... Think I'd get abused going in a Scooby to a MLR day. The Evo lads would surely rip it when they beat me, haha.
Back to top Go down
Robbo

Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptyTue 13 Dec - 21:04

I went down to Croft when the Living North Fair was on in November and they were giving away 15 minute slots on the track for 25quid, took full advantage of the offer lol, might be worth giving them a call to see if there's anything else like that coming up, and if your not at work just mission down and get yourself round you'll love it mate
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? EmptyTue 13 Dec - 22:10

SubbyG00n wrote:

Stevebt... Think I'd get abused going in a Scooby to a MLR day. The Evo lads would surely rip it when they beat me, haha.

Who cares as everyone needs time to get some experience, just go and have a laugh. I keep MLR membership as I keep meaning to do some driver training.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track Days: How do i go about going on one?   Track Days: How do i go about going on one? Empty

Back to top Go down

Track Days: How do i go about going on one?
Page 1 of 1