North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

how do I Throttle body coolant delete

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
garyblake

garyblake

how do I Throttle body coolant delete Empty
PostSubject: how do I Throttle body coolant delete   how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyTue 17 Jan - 20:34

How do you do this and what's do you gain thanks[b]
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: how do I Throttle body coolant delete   how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyWed 18 Jan - 0:12

No gains just keeps the air temps down a bit, but the down side is poss icing in the throttle body this weather which isn't good
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: how do I Throttle body coolant delete   how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyWed 18 Jan - 8:34

Drew - so you definitely dont recommend this mod ??

It was something Ive been considering as a few people have mentioned this to me and suggested it would improve performance etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how do I Throttle body coolant delete   how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyThu 19 Jan - 0:37

was wanting to do this on the hawk but reserved with it being electronic throttle body.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: how do I Throttle body coolant delete   how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyThu 19 Jan - 7:48

Peril, mines been done about 4 years now and I have had no problems even in the very cold weather last year. You have got to remember that this is above a engine and the engine get very hot so heat from the engine will also affect it.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: how do I Throttle body coolant delete   how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyThu 19 Jan - 9:47

kgt wrote:
Drew - so you definitely dont recommend this mod ??

It was something Ive been considering as a few people have mentioned this to me and suggested it would improve performance etc.

yes its a good idea to keep throttle body air temps down but theres always a possible down side to everything (poss icing in extreme cold weather) as iddy says he's had his done a long time with no probs and I'm running the wagon coolant delete our hawkeye ive just left as original,
Subaru and all other manufactures have spent millions on R & D and if it wasn't needed it wouldn't have been fitted lol
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: how do I Throttle body coolant delete   how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyThu 19 Jan - 10:13

That was also my humble thought on the matter Drew.....a bit like those protective casings you pointed out to me above the injectors. Mine were refitted after the injectors got changed Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how do I Throttle body coolant delete   how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyThu 19 Jan - 11:05

Dont get me wrong Iddy, i did it on the classic and deffo would with any cable throttle. With chance of frost build up etc, would have been reserved on the hawk as if the butterfly sticks, you wouldnt realise on fbw and i wouldnt wanna risk knacking it. Not ruling out doing it, just gonna look into it abit more first.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: how do I Throttle body coolant delete   how do I Throttle body coolant delete EmptyThu 19 Jan - 21:05

its only really a mod to try and keep the intake temperature down as Drew mentioned, I didnt really notice any difference.

As mine with the front mount intercooler only runs 4-6 degrees above ambient temperature.

The other day when it was really cold I was running an intake temperture of 0 degrees and I did notice a massive difference, the car was foooooooooking flying. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do I Throttle body coolant delete   how do I Throttle body coolant delete Empty

Back to top Go down

how do I Throttle body coolant delete
Page 1 of 1