North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
a little advice EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
a little advice EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
a little advice EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
a little advice EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
a little advice EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
a little advice EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
a little advice EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
a little advice EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
a little advice EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

a little advice

Go down 
+4
darrenk
Steviedoo
phil555
stu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stu

stu

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: a little advice   a little advice EmptyWed 15 Feb - 19:13

Ok before I start I know I was very stupid so no need to say "serves you right for doing that in a 30 zone etc"

I've just got a letter from the police, caught speeding doing 50mph in a 30mph zone on the A167 at the end of Birtley

The letter basically states that I have been summoned to court
This is my first offence and tbh I'm crapping myself, not sure if I'm going to get a ban or some points

Anyone had this happen before and what sort of punishments will I be looking at?
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little advice   a little advice EmptyWed 15 Feb - 19:43

50 in a 30................ Shocked

Don't drop the soap in the shower bud............ Laughing

I reckon you might get a fine an d few points with it being your first offence, but then again you drive a Scoob so they will probs think you do it all the time.

Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little advice   a little advice EmptyWed 15 Feb - 19:50

Been in this situation mate, although it was 11 years ago now, got caught doing over a ton on the A66 straight past a cop car that was parked up out of sight in a lay by, chased after me the pulled me over by which time I had slowed down after seeing him, anyway to cut to the part you will want to know, I had to go to court, so I turned up smartly dressed as I thought that would make a better impression, did not bother to get anybody to represent me just went in there by my self, could not believe my eyes when I sore it was a women judge, thought typical I've hot no chance, anyway I managed to convince them that I needed my car to keep my job as it was impossible for me to get to work using public transport, they eventually ejurned the court so they could check up on what I said, went back again a few days later to continue the case an see what my sentence was going to be, they said what I said was true so decided on 6 points, £400 fine and £180 court costs and also told me that it was put on my record that I could never use that excuse ever again, never been caught speeding since then so points now off my licence, hope this helps and good luck.
Back to top Go down
darrenk

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little advice   a little advice EmptyWed 15 Feb - 20:26

cant you pleed guilty by post?

click this, and scroll down to the magistrates guidelines for speeding offences

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=39175

as a guide

30 limit --- speed recorded 41-50

4-6 points and a fine range of 75-125% RWI (weekly income after tax and NI)

Last edited by darren on Wed 15 Feb - 20:45; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little advice   a little advice EmptyWed 15 Feb - 20:37

Would be very suprised if you got a ban stu..ya gonna get three points for deffo and a fine mate.
Dont worry about it mate.you can probaly plead guilty by post....
Back to top Go down
devildame666

devildame666

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little advice   a little advice EmptyWed 15 Feb - 21:00

its happend 3 times to me mate firstly on way back from helmsley got caight doing 120mph on me r6 by a bike cop then went to court got a very good brief and ended up with a 28 day ban £500 fine thought that was a good result lol..secondly got caught doing 40 mph in a 30 mph which automatically caries 3 point and £60 fine and i asked for a speed awhareness course which i did at ayklet heads in durham classroom all day getting lectured and £90 fine no points...thirdly got caught doing 60 mph in a 50 mph come through a1 dishforth roadworks in my works van one night ask for speed awhareness cause was told they dont do it got pretty much FUCKED £600 fine 6 points u cant win em all lol durham police do the course mate ask for it unless you where driving reckless..devildame666 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
stu

stu

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little advice   a little advice EmptyWed 15 Feb - 21:07

well its my first offence, i'll make sure i remember to ask for the speed awareness course
i'm dreading what my insurance is going to be like does it increase much?
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little advice   a little advice EmptyWed 15 Feb - 21:10

devildame666 wrote:
thirdly got caught doing 60 mph in a 50 mph come through a1 dishforth roadworks in my works van one night ask for speed awhareness cause was told they dont do it got pretty much FUCKED £600 fine 6 points u cant win em all lol durham police do the course mate ask for it unless you where driving reckless..devildame666 Twisted Evil

£600 fine and 6 points for doing 60 in a 50 through roadworks Shocked Did you not try and contest that one and bring the fine and points down a little as that is ridiculouse.
Back to top Go down
devildame666

devildame666

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little advice   a little advice EmptyWed 15 Feb - 21:20

i did mate signed the form sent special delivery to keithly magistrates i think it was and it was signed for 9.05 my case got dealt with at 1. o clock only the post never got took upstairs until after so when i apealed i was sent to bradford crown court.when i turned up i was advised i needed a barrister as solicitors can not represent you at a crown court so proper fucked if i new i would of paid for a barrister and they would not let me ejourn it..would of quite happy paid triple and had no points but we all learn i have the anti photography number plates lol. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little advice   a little advice EmptyThu 16 Feb - 8:28

You are not usually looking at a licence suspension unless you are doing more than 30mph above the statutory area limit or theyve physically witnessed you being an idiot. So 60 in a 30 would see your licence taken away, 50 in a 30 will probably see you with 4-6 points and a decent fine.

Very importantly, check the small print in your insurance policy. Some underwriters require immediate notification of an endorsement. Dont believe people who tell you only to inform at renewal - check for yourself. We had a client who's policy was declared null & void following a five car pile up he ws involved in for a non-declaration of a conviction, mid term. He ended up losing everything to pay for damages, and by that I mean car, house, family.

The insurers interest level will depend on the severity of your punishment. Most would ignore your first SP30 if its a standard 3 points / £60 fine as this is no longer considered a risk load due to the fact they are almost unavoidable nowadays - anything beyond that they will ask for details and may load your premium. Time to cross your fingers and toes my friend.

Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little advice   a little advice EmptyThu 16 Feb - 11:16

my dad foolishly got cought in washington for a 51 in a 30 thinking the road was a 60 zone, all the roads look the same IMO.

He pleaded guilty and wrote a statment to court, sent it off and he got £400 fine and 6 Points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a little advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little advice   a little advice Empty

Back to top Go down

a little advice
Page 1 of 1