North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post

Go down 
+9
iddysti
Andy Kindon
Jonny Gav
locky@HYDROtek
Bigclarky
stevejones
FINN
garyblake
Andyg
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Andyg

Andyg

Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post Empty
PostSubject: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyMon 20 Feb - 22:48

Hi Guys,

Right BOYS AND GIRLS!!!

Who wants a Stock ecu remapped - MAFLESS with ANTI LAG , Duel FUEL Maps !!!!!!!!! and MORE!!!!!

Its now available by Andrew Carr - Team Carr.NET no Licence just mapping Wink with a NEW mapping option.!!!

32bit ecus will be available soon Wink

Here are some details of the ROM file I have been developing for all MY01-05 WRX and STi ECUs. I hope this answers most of the questions anyone may have regarding this new capability. I have put a lot of time and effort into testing this setup and would not be offering it unless I was completely satisfied that it was suitable for general use. I have still to verify all the compatibility issues especially with WRX ECUs but this will be done this week hopefully.

Initial pricing will be £320 plus parts, I intend to offer package prices including all sensors and switches, these are still TBC but I am aiming at around £450 including 3 or 4Bar MAP sensor, AIT sensor, clutch and feature switches.

Essential Features
==============
* Speed Density instead of MAF based (see note 1)
* Retains all OEM features - Start, Idle, Knock Control, Closed-Loop Fuelling, CEL functions.
* Flash Check Engine Light in the event of ECU applying knock control.
* Per Gear Wastegate and Boost Target compensation.
* Target Boost and Overboost fuel cut maximums increased to 4bar absolute (see note 2)

Additional Features
==============
+ 2 full maps (Fuelling, Ignition Timing, Boost Control and AVCS) selectable via switch at any time.
+ GpN Style Anti-Lag enabled/disabled via switch, throttle kicker support including rotational idle (see note 3)
+ Launch Control - optionally enabled/disabled via switch
+ Intelligent Flat Foot Shift (see note 4)

Notes
====
1. AIT Sensor - Speed Density systems uses Manifold Pressure, Engine Speed and Air Temp instead of Mass Air Flow to calculate fuelling and ignition timing, whilst it is possible to use the IAT sensor built into the OEM MAF it is better to replace this with a Charge Temp sensor somewhere between the intercooler and throttlebody, if you wish to remove the MAF housing completely then this is essential.

2. MAP sensor - Unlike the standard ECU where the MAP sensor is essentially only used for boost control and overboost fuelcut, in a speed density ECU it is absolutely essential that accurate Manifold Pressure is measured and the limits of the MAP sensor and/or ECU are not exceeded. The standard ECU is limited by software to only read manifold pressure to 2.72bar absolute and the actual MAP sensor fitted on top of the Inlet manifold only reads linearly to either 2.5bara (Pink Label) or 2.8bara (Blue Label), additionally there are limitations on the use of aftermarket MAP sensors, for example a GM 3Bar sensor can't be configured to read lower pressures (ie vacuum) correctly and will result in a 1200-1300RPM idle speed!
This new ROM overcomes all these issues by allowing the ECU to read manifold pressure and control boost to 4bar absolute and use virtually any 0-5v MAP sensor. I have thus far verified the following sensors:
- OEM Pink Label (2.5Bara)
- OEM Blue Label (2.8Bara)
- OEM Hawkeye (3Bara)
- 3.5Bar AEM
- 3Bar GM
(3Bar and 4Bar OmniPower sensors are awaiting testing)

3. Everyone loves antilag However, this implementation isn't just pops and bangs, it generates a lot of additional heat in the exhaust and can damage turbos, also remember that all MY01-05 EDM and MY01/02 JDM cars have an oxygen sensor and possibly an EGT sensor in the exhaust manifold which ALS could easily damage. The solution is to move the Lambda (and possibly EGT) sensor to the top of the downpipe. I will NOT activate ALS on any car that still has sensors pre-turbo.

4. Flat-Foot-Shift or No-Lift-To-Shift allows you to hold the throttle open whilst changing gear gear with the ECU taking care of reducing the engine speed rather than running away to the rev limit. In this setup the ECU 'knows' the gear ratios and current gear allowing it to calculate the correct RPM for a seemless change into the next gear, again it uses quite aggressive fuel and ignition cutting techniques to achive this. Holding the throttle open during gear changes is similar to launch control in that sufficient gas flow and exhaust temp can be maintained to keep the turbo spinning, resulting in less lag. A clutch pedal or gearstick pressure switch is required for this to work correctly, the easiest solution is to use the clutch switch from a later DBW car as these bolt directly into the MY01-05 clutch pedal assembly.

Prices for group bookings will be less, supply of your own switchs will be even less..

Happy reading

Thursday

AndyG - Ill be here Smile

Friday

The Car Man 9.00Am arrival please

Mark - 12.00 Lunch time arrival please

Gary Blake - 2.30 arrival please

Saturday

Owen Clarky 9.00 arrival please to you time to sort the bits

Travis 12.30 arrival please

Black Bug Eye - 2.45 Arrival time please

I hope times suit every one Smile

Last edited by Andyg on Wed 7 Mar - 11:33; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyMon 20 Feb - 23:37

Sounds good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 0:07

ME ME ME ME ME ME Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy but probs late April so better get his skates on lol

btw, still havnt received your email bud
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 0:08

sounds intresting.

pm me a price andy
Back to top Go down
stevejones

stevejones

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 6:28

me to andy pm price cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 7:01

Andy am in been emailing Andrew he's gonna do my Autronic
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 8:21

great stuff lads.

Welll for each option you need to add a switch,

Switch 1 - Anti Lag
Swith 2 Duel fuel

Etc etc

So i think we should all find some hight quality switches with lights on so we all know what option we are on, rather than fitting a simple toggle switch, a few relays etc and well be away!!!

Now the only issue that has come up so far is that the WRX will need the TGVS removed as the new software doesnt yet have the option to control this! BUT this is again been worked on.

Finn i have no issue posting prices on the forum so i shall when i hear back from andrew with more information Smile but its may be £40/50 more than he charges us members of NESF already so we MAY be looking at sat £300 Smile as always Andrews prices are very realistic

And the sale of a MAF on Ebay Snet etc should recoop you £40/50 Smile
Back to top Go down
stevejones

stevejones

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 8:27

would it be ok to have mine remapped normaly, Question
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 8:41

of course, the mapping of open source is still available the new mapping is just what some people want Smile

Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 8:49

Andy can you do a new thread for a mapping list to see what numbers we get throw me down as no 1
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 9:13

Is this possible on my ecu andy? Or do you need a 32bit?
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 10:09

Locky yes this is available on your car.... its NOT yet ready for the 32Bit cars Smile

This will be like buying your self a Aftermarket ECU!!! but with out the expense P)
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 10:29

Just let you lot know, the 32bit ECU is fitted to the hawkeyes, the 16bit is fitted to the bug and Blobeye's.
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 10:50

Nice 1 andy......yeh looked back and your saying 32bit available soon duh! Cool will look out for the price ;0)
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 11:17

maplins sell the switches

Last edited by Andy Kindon on Tue 21 Feb - 11:47; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 11:19

locky wrote:
Nice 1 andy......yeh looked back and your saying 32bit available soon duh! Cool will look out for the price ;0)

urs is 16bit fella
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyTue 21 Feb - 11:34

Andy Kindon wrote:
locky wrote:

urs is 16bit fella

Yeh I rember you saying last time marra.....I kinda miss read this the first time thinking I needed a 32bit.....maybe look to have this done with the next stage we doing andy ;0)......abit of a set back with work again!!! But I will get there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyWed 22 Feb - 16:48

Whats the crack with measuring air temp then?
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyWed 22 Feb - 19:31

Yellowperil wrote:
Whats the crack with measuring air temp then?

you normally need a air temperature sensor fitting, thats what I had to do on my mafless racerom.

this sounds good, will be interesting how long the 32 bit will take. As ecutek seemed to take an age
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyWed 22 Feb - 22:02

i must add this ISNT ECUTEK Wink

Yes a Air Temp sensor will be fitted in the intercooler Wink costing around £11

Im awaiting the deatails Wink
Back to top Go down
dynamix

dynamix

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyWed 22 Feb - 22:32

Are you going to mention the lack of knock control on this ecu rom and the risks involved as a result ?

Fairly important issue and something I wouldnt want people to overlook in the rush for mafless on this experimental rom
Back to top Go down
http://www.racedynamix.com
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptyThu 23 Feb - 13:20

dynamix wrote:
Are you going to mention the lack of knock control on this ecu rom and the risks involved as a result ?

Fairly important issue and something I wouldnt want people to overlook in the rush for mafless on this experimental rom

Duncan,

Thanks for your thoughts on this BUT this has full knock control unlike the earlier group N Ecu Rom file, that i assume your refuring to, even tho the earyer group N Rom file also did control knock as a configuration adjustment to the ecu.

I cant go to much into tecy stuff but i know 100% that this new system HAS knock control and will work how any open source or ECUtek would Wink

Andrew Carr wouldn't put any customers cars at risk, he has already mapped cars on this system and carried out various tests as have the designers of the new software set up Smile
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptySat 25 Feb - 14:20

we any further forward with this being confimed yet?
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptySat 25 Feb - 14:41

heres what locky is running in his

Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post KGrHqEOKjEE4rRrMQ8BOWh295dqw_35

Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post EmptySat 25 Feb - 14:44

EJ22 GAV wrote:
heres what locky is running in his

Ha ha ha true believer in retro gav.....

Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post KGrHqEOKjEE4rRrMQ8BOWh295dqw_35

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post   Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafless Rampiing by Andrew Carr on OEM ECU ;) - Running times now on post
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next