North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education

Go down 
+4
impretzive
Caryn190
Jonny Gav
kgt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education Empty
PostSubject: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyThu 20 May - 14:26

Wahey, first to post in the new section Laughing

As per title, my Karcher is arriving soon and I'm obviously going to be using it on the car amongst other things.

I'm looking at getting a snow foam lance and some snow foam / pre wash whatever its proper name is.

I presume a numpty has potential to wreak some havoc somewhere about the vehicle and I'd like some basic guidelines before I turn it on and fek the car up.

Can I use it everywhere ?
How close do I stand ?
Can I blast away merrily at the wheels ?
What about wheel arches ?
Engine bay ?
Whats the crack with snow foam - any point ?
What brands ?
Do I dilute it / mix it - if so how much and with what ?
How long do I leave it ?
Whats peoples experiences of available lances ?

blah, blah, blah
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyThu 20 May - 17:17

Can I use it everywhere ? yes but use common sense
How close do I stand ? you will get a feel for it when you start using it
Can I blast away merrily at the wheels ? yes, blow your brains out!
What about wheel arches ? yes but again, common sense must be used.
Engine bay ? NO, do not use it on your engine bay, you can get yourself in a world of hurt if you get water in where it shouldn't be like sensors.
Whats the crack with snow foam - any point ? yeah, in my opinion its great if you keep your car waxed
What brands ? NE Detailing sell loads, you want one that doesn't remove wax.
Do I dilute it / mix it - if so how much and with what ? again, NE Detailing will advise when you buy it.
How long do I leave it ? see above
Whats peoples experiences of available lances ? you will most likely get 2 supplied, use the one that has a flat blade style pattern, it is adjustable so set it up spraying at the ground, you want the blade width around 6" wide at around 1 foot away but its your choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyThu 20 May - 17:21

In a nut shell, snow foam, it works and it's fun too Very Happy Laughing

Snow foam lifts the muck off without you needing to rub the car which can act like a brillo pad with the muck on your cleaning cloths....... Suspect pretty simples if you want it to look good/look after your car.....snow foam is a very good start, not cheap but worth it (IMO)

Distance - if you're spraying something that might come off, keep your distance (eg paint, decals etc) wheels etc usually ok.....engines got wires in so not usually a good idea!

Go to NE Detailing, they will tell you everything else you need to know [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cheers
Back to top Go down
Caryn190

Caryn190

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 21 May - 13:05

and dont leave it in the back garden over winter as any water in the internal pipes tends to freeze when the temperature drops and then the pipes burst and then its fucked - dont they Phil Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 21 May - 14:26

Laughing Sounds like someones been learning by mistakes
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 21 May - 14:33

So the moral of the story is put it away when youve finished with it, drain it if possible and maybe get it a little blanky for the cold snaps. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Caryn190

Caryn190

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 21 May - 17:13

lil_me wrote:
Laughing Sounds like someones been learning by mistakes

Im sure its just his way of getting a new one lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
impretzive

impretzive

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyWed 2 Jun - 13:47

I have been using my Karcher for ages now, i use the agitating lance on the car about a foot away... the blade lance i think is to harsh...plus the agitating lance works better at shifting the dust from your wheels.

Got snow foam from NED, great stuff..... looks like a Dinosaur has shit all over your car when you spray it on Laughing

Got a Machine polisher last weekend and used the Dodo juice lime & prime on the RX8 bonnet (couldn't be bothered to do it all) WOW!!!!! the Finish is amazing. I know they are pricey but i would strongly recommend a decent machine polisher its great! And the Dodo juice....well thats stuffs AWESOME! Wink
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyWed 2 Jun - 13:58

im investing in one as we speak mate Cool
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyThu 3 Jun - 7:29

Got to say I was a bit underwhelmed when I unpacked the Karcher, good job it was less than half price. If I'd have paid £350+ for it I'd have been seriously pissed off, way too much plastic on plastic for my liking. Having said that it did its job ok. Ive used it on Mrs kgt's CRV rather than my car and it was fine, but I'm still not convinced.
Hopefully the addition of a lance and snow foam will change my mind, but if not, I can see it going back and me going retro with the good old hose pipe.
Back to top Go down
impretzive

impretzive

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyThu 3 Jun - 13:34

kgt wrote:
Got to say I was a bit underwhelmed when I unpacked the Karcher, good job it was less than half price. If I'd have paid £350+ for it I'd have been seriously pissed off, way too much plastic on plastic for my liking. Having said that it did its job ok. Ive used it on Mrs kgt's CRV rather than my car and it was fine, but I'm still not convinced.
Hopefully the addition of a lance and snow foam will change my mind, but if not, I can see it going back and me going retro with the good old hose pipe.

Which one did you get? I cant remember what model mine is but its mint! It is a few years old now like so I dont know if they have changed the design? But i tried several different makes and nothing other that petrol powered pressure washers compare.. My mate had a petrol one and that was just stupid, you could blast your paid OFF with it.....and he did Laughing
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyThu 3 Jun - 15:39

I got this one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seemed like a good deal. Maybe I'm just not in love with it yet.
Back to top Go down
impretzive

impretzive

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyThu 3 Jun - 22:58

kgt wrote:
I got this one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seemed like a good deal. Maybe I'm just not in love with it yet.

Hmmmmm see what u mean, it does look like alot of plastic.....mines bigger than that and looks alot fatter.....i dont know what model it is like but they have changed alot since i got mine.... did you get all the attachments with it? i only got 2 lances with mine... i had to buy alot of the other bits.

Use it a fe times you will probably get to like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 4 Jun - 7:20

Yep, got 2 x power lances, 1 x agitator, 1 x patio cleaner (which several of my colleagues swear by) and the variable lance, which is not brilliant in my opinion. Plus there is a bittle on the unit where you can mix detergent, but Ive been told its a bit of a gimmick and not to use it for snow foam.
The thing that got me was I was expecting brass connectors and they are all GFN which is ok, but you can break them if you try hard enough. Was a bit of an impulse buy so only got myself to blame. After I bought it several people told me to buy a Nilfisk one, guess I should have asked before I pulled the cash out. Live and learn again.
Back to top Go down
mitchsti

mitchsti

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 4 Jun - 10:20

The thing that got me was I was expecting brass connectors and they are all GFN which is ok, but you can break them if you try hard enough.

Why would you want to try and break it Shocked

Im sure the pressure from it will be more than enough to do the job it was intended for, if you like i can nip round with my car if you want to get used to it, it could do with a clean. Laughing

Andy
Back to top Go down
dudsy

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 4 Jun - 14:27

I use Nilfisk pressure washer but not on the car. Nilfisk are the best pressure washers ive used, One of my friends deals Nilfisk products so if you want a number just give me a shout Smile
But be prepared to spend abit more than £150 on a decent pressure washer!
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 4 Jun - 15:05

cheers dudsy, I'll bear that in mind should my unit meet with an unfortunate accident....ahem, cough, cough
Back to top Go down
dudsy

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 4 Jun - 16:32

lol Smile Blast Clean at carlisle Wink websites crap but they are a big company in cumbria Smile
Back to top Go down
Caryn190

Caryn190

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 4 Jun - 17:16

Phil got his from Coxhoe Service & Supply based at Green Lane in Spenny

Ian the bloke who owns it lives in our street and is a friend of Phils, drives the focus RS in sparkly white so Im sure he'll do you a good deal too as we use him for our washers at work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education EmptyFri 4 Jun - 20:12

mrsdrumsterphil wrote:
Phil got his from Coxhoe Service & Supply based at Green Lane in Spenny

Ian the bloke who owns it lives in our street and is a friend of Phils, drives the focus RS in sparkly white so Im sure he'll do you a good deal too as we use him for our washers at work Very Happy

I got mine from him as well, Did me a good deal. Very Happy Very Happy Just got my snowfoam bottle of him as well and he only charged me £15 for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education   HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP with Pressure Washer - Do's, Donts and general education
Page 1 of 1