North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Recall arrived today. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Recall arrived today. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Recall arrived today. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Recall arrived today. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Recall arrived today. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Recall arrived today. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Recall arrived today. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Recall arrived today. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Recall arrived today.

Go down 
+13
stu
FINN
Rob84
baldy
Andy Kindon
Tony@carkandy
Don
REZ
chris h
Beerygoodness
devildame666
Andyg
Jonny Gav
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

Recall arrived today. Empty
PostSubject: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 5 Mar - 17:36

Well, my recall for the sport turned up today, it came with a list of dealers that can do the work, GMD aren't on the list, shame caps there workshop is a stones throw from my house, it's either Middlesbrough or Newcastle, anyone had it done? Did you get a courtesy car?
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 5 Mar - 18:26

id rather have the wheels fall off then take it to GMD any ways LOL
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 5 Mar - 18:42

PMSL lol!
Back to top Go down
devildame666

devildame666

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 5 Mar - 18:47

took an an 53 plate sti there once under warranty with bottom end rattle and they told me thats what its meant to sound like lol it went bang the next day got a new engine.then had me wr1 there 4 weeks ago to recode key key they said alarm dont work as it had major problem to management light andy kindon fixed straight away
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 5 Mar - 18:57

devildame666 wrote:
took an an 53 plate sti there once under warranty with bottom end rattle and they told me thats what its meant to sound like lol it went bang the next day got a new engine.then had me wr1 there 4 weeks ago to recode key key they said alarm dont work as it had major problem to management light andy kindon fixed straight away devildame666 Twisted Evil

Oh ill not start on there workman ship with me Smile As i get angry and still stick my fingers up when i drive past! i am banned from entering that garage near Pulmans due to saying that the clutch they told me was broke that wasn't was going through the fiat punto in the show room window unless they give me my money back, i did win after geting trading standards in Smile
Back to top Go down
Beerygoodness

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 5 Mar - 20:12

Yeah I have unfortunate first hand experience of the GMD dealer by Belmont...do not use!!

Mines booked in for north shields on the 13th, reckon it only takes a couple of hours...
Back to top Go down
devildame666

devildame666

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 5 Mar - 20:40

belmonts closed mate since they lost subaru franchise numbdame666. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
chris h

PostSubject: recall   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 5 Mar - 20:59

i work at the dealers in middlesbrough if you would like to bring it there for recall can do it while you wait takes about half hour regards chris
Back to top Go down
REZ

REZ

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 5 Mar - 21:09

chris h wrote:
i work at the dealers in middlesbrough if you would like to bring it there for recall can do it while you wait takes about half hour regards chris

So is that half an hour to inspect it mate or does that include replacing parts? Smile
Back to top Go down
Don

Don

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyTue 6 Mar - 16:37

whats the recall for ?
Back to top Go down
Tony@carkandy

Tony@carkandy

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyTue 6 Mar - 17:14

Don wrote:
whats the recall for ?

steel bottom arms on Newage UK cars
Back to top Go down
http://www.carkandy.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyTue 6 Mar - 18:32

devildame666 wrote:
belmonts closed mate since they lost subaru franchise devildame666. Twisted Evil

Its still Subaru Dealer and still part of GMD eventhough the sign has changed to A690 Cars Wink
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyTue 6 Mar - 18:43

Phil That owns it told me he had stopped the dealership due to excessive demands from Subaru regarding stock.

Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyTue 6 Mar - 18:44

peril will delete his post if hes wrong lol!
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyTue 6 Mar - 18:49

chris h wrote:

Rob who works for Stan Palmer said you may need to replace both bottom arms if they are defective, if you do this do you re-track it?

Don't fancy running my tyres off!

Surely that would take more than half an hour?
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyTue 6 Mar - 18:49

Andy Kindon wrote:
peril will delete his post if hes wrong lol!

Ha ha ha so true!
Back to top Go down
chris h

PostSubject: recall   Recall arrived today. EmptyTue 6 Mar - 19:05

half an hour is only for initial check and treatment if all is ok.. if either arm is defective both arms are replaced as a kit only the arm replacement is part of recall im afraid any alignment would be at a cost unfortunatley.. we are also limited to the number of kits we can keep in stock so if arms are needed i generally re-book.. arm replacement usaly takes a couple of hours and im sure i could arange a courtesy car for those unable to wait.. any further info needed by all means call me at the dealership regards chris
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyTue 6 Mar - 20:54

got my recall the other day .....
this could be grounds for anoether inesf tech day courtesy of subaru
think theyd be rather shocked with 40 scoobs landin at once Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rob84

Rob84

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptySun 11 Mar - 22:38

30 mins is the inspection & retreat if all is ok.

2hrs to replace the bottom arms if found to be defective, courtesy car is then given to you and we do the re-alignment foc regardless.

Arms are in stock for vehicles at our dealership if found to be defective.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptySun 11 Mar - 22:46

Thanks for the info Rob, may be worth a ride over for the extra service.
Back to top Go down
Rob84

Rob84

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptySun 11 Mar - 23:17

Just need to Book the vehicle in thats the only issue as we tend to limit to 5 a day incase they need arms replaced & current work load is crazy.

Only had 3 total failure up to press out of a good couple hundred where to tool has shot right through the arm Shocked

2002 bugeye GX are the worst offender
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 12 Mar - 0:35

Cant delete a post after someone has posted after it, only edit it. Wouldnt have deleted it anyways, if im wrong, im wrong. Last time i was in, they said something about partners with majority shares changing which was why its not branded GMD anymore however it is still part of the group. The guys in Fram said recently its still an official dealer and does still have some signage up.
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 12 Mar - 0:41

Laughing Laughing Laughing theres not wrong with been in the wrong.....

google didnt save ya this time FPMSL

good job user take it as friendly banter lol
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 12 Mar - 8:34

Yellowperil wrote:
Cant delete a post after someone has posted after it, only edit it. Wouldnt have deleted it anyways, if im wrong, im wrong. Last time i was in, they said something about partners with majority shares changing which was why its not branded GMD anymore however it is still part of the group. The guys in Fram said recently its still an official dealer and does still have some signage up.

Zzzzzzzzz Sleep lol!
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. EmptyMon 12 Mar - 18:48

Well, the GMD at Framwellgate moor are still an official Subaru repair centre and can do the recall work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recall arrived today.   Recall arrived today. Empty

Back to top Go down

Recall arrived today.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next