North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
project 'built not bought' EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
project 'built not bought' EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
project 'built not bought' EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
project 'built not bought' EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
project 'built not bought' EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
project 'built not bought' EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
project 'built not bought' EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
project 'built not bought' EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
project 'built not bought' EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

project 'built not bought'

Go down 
+8
ellio38
phil555
FINN
dazer_70
maxboost
mitchsti
keffer
drew160387
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
drew160387

project 'built not bought' Empty
PostSubject: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyThu 12 Apr - 15:32

ok lads so heres the basic of the story so far.
i bought a uk turbo very cheap just as a toy realy which resulted in me getting the bug and selling my bmw and ending up putting more than i wanted into the impreza.
then i fancied a project impreza so bought finns old sti shell, which i must say is mint as far as rott goes theres not a spot underneath at all if im honest. i also bought a few odds and ends off him which came from it.

so car started out as a bare shell unfortunatly i havnt any pics of it that bare so here is the earliest i have
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

then i started with the wiring loom. so purchased one from finntech fitted it all in turns out the v5s undercarpet loom is different so out my v2 one came from my uk donour car. all fitted and seats back in

turns out the door wiring is also different so all the door wiring had to be changed which ive getting done.
then came to plugging it all up. not so good as the v2 harness i got is totaly different from mine so had to ripp it all back out and put the full loom from the uk car in niiightmare.
anyway back on track now so onto the engine as we speak. it needs stipping down removing and then a rebuild as i think ive melted a piston in it.
going down the easy route i just ripped the front end off the donour and wrestled with the manifold finalky got there in the end

Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyThu 12 Apr - 15:46

goopd luck bud Cool Smile
another frankenscoob Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyThu 12 Apr - 15:49

cheers ill need it mate and i like that ' frankenscoob' lol think that might make an apearence in form of a decal in the finished product. well back to work on it i go ill post some more later
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyThu 12 Apr - 15:50

haha hope it lives longer than the previous frankenscoob Wink Very Happy
i believe 60 miles was it's trip to the pole Laughing
Back to top Go down
mitchsti

mitchsti

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyThu 12 Apr - 16:34

Big job affraid ahead mate better you than me. Smile

Andy
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyThu 12 Apr - 16:56

keffer wrote:
haha hope it lives longer than the previous frankenscoob Wink Very Happy
i believe 60 miles was it's trip to the pole Laughing

Don't even think it lasted 60, but thats Pitchy for ya, he don't do things by half. lol

Good luck with the build bud,
Oh you say theres no rust on the underside of the car, i gather it all is located on the interior metal ?. See pic 1 lol!
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyThu 12 Apr - 16:57

on repairing the loom from the removal of alarm as fitting new one at some point its a right ball ache pal
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyThu 12 Apr - 16:58

lol mark them rings in footwell are sticky things and the gear surround hanbrake and steering colum all changed lol
Back to top Go down
dazer_70

dazer_70

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyThu 12 Apr - 21:20

..ck me drew!!!....i thought i was mental converting my auto to run a manual,,,....them seats look famililar.....good luck with the build m8
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyThu 12 Apr - 22:06

Love a challenge lol and yeah daz thats the ones i got from you mate
Well anyway i repaired the loom removed alarm then fitted in the car found that the v5 have a bigger hole in the bulk head for the steering rack so need to get a rubber/plactic trim watevers ment to be there. Hopefully have the dash in and get onto sorting the struts hubs ect as interior will be done Smile
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyFri 13 Apr - 1:44

glad too see you getting on with it Cool Cool

too clear things up a didnt sell u the wrong harness..

a sold you the harness you asked for= the same one your car should have had fitted...

am 99% sure ur old car hasnt the oem harness Question

anyway if u dont use harness a will giv u ya ££ back mate Wink
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyFri 13 Apr - 2:36

Need to change the thread title to................Wink

"Built not Bought" was GIPA's old car project.
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyFri 13 Apr - 4:33

Yeah mate i wasnt getting at the wrong harness as in wrongly sold mate its just not the one for my looms naa its ok mate i can use a few plugs from it to repair mine and keep wire for other things pal. My black v2 came with that weird loom from factory mate it was in far too neat and with original clips i carnt understand it either
plus the milage adds up with mots
A v2 with electronic speedo clocks and adjustible height lights. I think mine has 5 different plugs inside the car and a few extra haha
Must of been optitional extras or sumit

Back to top Go down
dazer_70

dazer_70

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptySat 14 Apr - 9:46

At least you have help m8....that doll looks like she knows a thing or 2 about the wiring!!!.... Laughing Laughing ....i know whats its like m8,just changed the loom on my wagon. Mad ..feels like a car again when you have the dash back in...be good to see it progress
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptySat 14 Apr - 10:05

I dont have much help pal doing this obe alone with the odd pair of hands that know nothing about cars at all. Chucky is awesome like im hoping to have fash in today then thats the inside done.
Back to top Go down
ellio38

ellio38

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptySat 14 Apr - 11:40

Do ya need any panels for it and bumpers. I have doors, alloy hood and front and rear bumpers if ya need them at a good price and alloys
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptySat 14 Apr - 20:50

its paneled up mate and its facelift. finns after a ally facelift i think if he hasnt allready found one. you have pm anyway ellio

anyway between fitting pads to a mini and rescuing and fitting a radiator to a mates scoob then dropping a ecu off and lending a tiny hand to dicca and tony with diccas scoob i got a bit work done to it

finished putting the loom in and decided to wire the black dash up and fit it as its a easy job. well turns out its not that easy putting a v2 dash into a v5 shell. first off the two bolts near the screen are no where near where the v2 dash has to be mounted.
if you look at the pic you can see where i mean. so this is going to have to be drilled then spaced and a bolt and nut to hold it secure
also had to remove the old mounting points with a dremil as i didnt want to go bezerk with a grinder and risk marking the screen. then the guides for the dash where wrong. had to replace the far right one with a one from the v2 and totaly remove the left sides for the v5. after i sorted them i needed to cut the passenger side guide from the dash as it was rubbing on the shell where another guide hole should be but isnt. after a hour fookin about it went in fine
i do know the centre console part is light grey not black but it does to sterdy things up abit till i get a black one.
heres a one whats baffled me from the start and caused me problems with looms ect
the v2 clocks which are fully electronic including speedo we dont know why it doesnt have cable speedo
also got a few pics of how the outside stand at the minute. still got a few bits and bobs to do behind the wings and bumper so left them off for now. odd bits of painting and cable tidying to do
rear fog needs fixing in place and wiring up

starting to look more like a scoob now lost counbt of the hours ive pout in but its a fair few
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptySun 15 Apr - 18:51

Been busy on the old car today gettin the engine and box out and breaking a few tool on seized nuts so going to have to invest in some bigger gear like some half inch sockets for me breaker bar so major work seased for a few days. Got tge engine to strip down so more pics soon
Back to top Go down
dazer_70

dazer_70

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyMon 16 Apr - 0:45

you deffo divny hang about drew....i do all my own work too m8..wouldn't trust anybody to work on my car....i have some white panels if your interested m8 Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyMon 16 Apr - 13:51

Are they 51e white thou mate i searched for a while for wings and passenger doors in the correct colour but could only find 230 white
Back to top Go down
dazer_70

dazer_70

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyMon 16 Apr - 23:23

you have pm m8
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyFri 20 Apr - 11:33

v2 uk clocks dont use a speedo cable, jdm v1,2 +3 uses a cable, jdm v4 uses a 2 wire speedo sender which is the same as uk v2,3 +4
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptyFri 20 Apr - 11:41

Ahhh that explains it andy cheers mate
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptySat 21 Apr - 20:35

with the weather being utter crap alll week i havnt had any major work done so heres a little updaste of the gearbox and a little cleaning on it ive been doing
befor
in progress

a fair bit to go and some real fiddly bits but it will all be back to new as i can get it tomorrow weather permitting

thanks to tony@carkandy for supplying his urban alloy cleaner which worked in around 30 seconds
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' EmptySun 22 Apr - 12:43

Well got the gearbox cleaned up might paint it yet but its looking good need to strip the stradle off and paint it up
Next on the list is the engine but ill do that as i strip it down as i can get the bits to a pressure washer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: project 'built not bought'   project 'built not bought' Empty

Back to top Go down

project 'built not bought'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next