North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???

Go down 
+3
devildame666
drew160387
darlofil
7 posters
AuthorMessage
darlofil

going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? Empty
PostSubject: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySat 21 Apr - 22:07

ok folks i need a hand ....

i need too sell my car and reduce my running costs but have no idea what to go for ???

any ideas im stumped ....no point in me driving out slow as ill be bored in a week but also need to reduce my fuel and insurence costs.......
Back to top Go down
drew160387

going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySat 21 Apr - 22:20

Out with decent power to keep you excited will come with high fuel cost and insurance surely unless you go diesel then im kinda biest as its bmw or subaru sooo 330d with a good remap
Back to top Go down
darlofil

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySat 21 Apr - 22:46

been looking at 330d tourings.... like the look of em too also a4 estates they do a v6 diesel...
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySat 21 Apr - 22:59

Pffft audi. Seriously mate the 330d m sport is alot of car for the money and a fair bit of umph drove a mates a few times and for a sludger its suprising what they can do remap is a must and a few other diy cheap most free mods if you dont know them allready to gain a little more power
Back to top Go down
devildame666

devildame666

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySat 21 Apr - 23:06

now mate i have a a4 quattro 3,0 tdi 240bhp standard and i also have a 04 330cd 204bhp standard the audi is quicker and out handles it and in my opinion feels better...the 04 cd i,ve just got in and will be for sale not sure how much yet its got 1 previous owner 55k miles...depending what your after the 335 twin turbo bmw is a lump quicker running 270 bhp as standard and they all remap well just depends what you wanna spend..
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySat 21 Apr - 23:14

Totaly forgot the 335s as ive never seen much of them still bmw all the way for me allthough audis do look great these days
Back to top Go down
devildame666

devildame666

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 0:09

they are nice mate just the wife prefers the 4wd on audi lol...my mate who deals in bmw and audi had a remapped 335d roughly 320bhp and de-restricted 620nm torque was as quick top end as his 911 turbo...theres some pics of it i think on jeff cooper cars toronto very quick indeed for a diesal...lol.
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 0:16

Ive heard of a few giving standard m3s a good run for thire money and at a deisel they are suprising. Good build quality but nowhere near what the older ones are rwd is fun too audi are more practicle as bmws are hopeless in snow lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 1:10

been considering the same recently and would most likely go for an Audi 3.0L Diesel Quattro. the BM's are pointless as they're driveway ornamets in the snow
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 1:40

There still nice tho peril bag of grit and shovel with some good snowtyres seen me through snow. Scoobs much better as im not worried that ill be sideways at every twitch of the wheel. Even 4wd cars arnt great too light and ppl rarely put thin wheels on to cut into snow so you end up with understeer and oversteer not good . Steer with the rear and enjoy it lmao if i could afford the new m3 or a e46 m3 csl ide have one in a heartbeat.
Ignore my lack of knoledge but dont subaru do a deisel? Ill sit and await laughter
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 2:39

vectra sri 1.9 cdti Cool

excellent car with plenty ov pull and excellent MPG Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 2:40

and i agree with peril on the BMW in the snow = total shite....
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 2:53

A defender is what you need in the snow awesome peice of go anywhere kit
Back to top Go down
darlofil

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 7:23

im not looking to spend any money just what i get for the sti .....
Back to top Go down
red devil

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 8:52

Skoda vRS??

Octavia or Fabia....

Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 10:18

Scooby are mint car and sound mint but cost a lot to run got focus Rs mk1 and love it and nearly half the petrol price :-) I used to run my scooby every day lovely car but wouldn't say every day car Unless you own petrol station lol
Back to top Go down
REZ

REZ

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 12:57

darlofil wrote:
been looking at 330d tourings.... like the look of em too also a4 estates they do a v6 diesel...

I've been checking these out too as a future car.. found most of the 330's to be autos which I don't like.. 325s mostly auto too i think but did find a few manuals.. check out this site for buying info:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/bmw/3-series-touring-e91-2005/

A good site for all 2nd hand cars if you want the truth about their bad points!
Back to top Go down
devildame666

devildame666

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 13:47

330 coupe diesal i have coming is manuel..
Back to top Go down
darlofil

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 14:39

wrote:

what sort of money??
Back to top Go down
REZ

REZ

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? EmptySun 22 Apr - 15:06

wrote:

Is he not looking @ Touring i think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???   going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next??? Empty

Back to top Go down

going to put the sti up for sale !!!! running cost killing me !!! but what next???
Page 1 of 1