HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
John pye motors remap EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
John pye motors remap EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
John pye motors remap EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
John pye motors remap EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
John pye motors remap EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
John pye motors remap EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
John pye motors remap EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
John pye motors remap EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
John pye motors remap EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

John pye motors remap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
potter.adam20

John pye motors remap Empty
PostSubject: John pye motors remap   John pye motors remap EmptyWed 9 May - 18:29

I'm going to get John pye motors to remap my simtek ecu has any one used them before what was the results are they any good
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: John pye motors remap   John pye motors remap EmptyWed 9 May - 18:46

They are not one of our recommend mappers.

Our recommend mappers are-

Andy Forrest
Bob Rawle
Duncan (racedynamix)
Andrew Carr

All visit the north east on a regular basis.

Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: John pye motors remap   John pye motors remap EmptyWed 9 May - 18:49

Hi
Not usd them for a remap but used them a couple of years ago to fit a new radiator to my last impreza as they are just 2 mins along the road from me, they bodged the the radiator they fitted so it only lasted a few days had to take it back to get another one fitted which they then tried to blame me for the 1st one busting even though it was only on the car for 3 days, eventually fitted a new one, not very good customer service, also got 4 wheel alignment done off them all 4 tyres went balled on the inside within a couple of months with pleanty of tred left on the outside so obviousley not done correctly, my opinion I would not use them again
Back to top Go down
potter.adam20

PostSubject: Re: John pye motors remap   John pye motors remap EmptyWed 9 May - 19:13

Is any one getting bob up in the near future that's who I normally use
Back to top Go down
F1NNY

F1NNY

PostSubject: Re: John pye motors remap   John pye motors remap EmptyWed 9 May - 19:36

Bob is up on the 23rd but not sure if there is any free slots maybe worth dropping him an email.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John pye motors remap   John pye motors remap EmptyWed 9 May - 20:24

Not used them for remap (as Jonny has said we have our recommended mappers who are tried and tested amongst the Subaru Community) but they did mend the gearbox syncro - the only problem we had was quoting us a price which rose by £200 as there was further work that needed to be done and they never rang to tell us - so until we went to collect the car we were oblivious to the extra costs .. so a bit of a shock Smile
Back to top Go down
John h

PostSubject: Re: John pye motors remap   John pye motors remap EmptyWed 9 May - 20:41

Had my car mapped by Tristan a few years ago . Think they had a few problems with the map sensor initially which took a while to trace but once they found the problem the car went well and didn't go bang so a good result . Not sure how many cars they map so it would be important to find out . If it's not many it would be safer to go with someone whose sole job is mapping cars on a day to day basis and going with the advice above imho.

John H
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: John pye motors remap   John pye motors remap EmptyWed 9 May - 21:07

When I first got my car I took it to them after a bad experience with the GMD joke shop in Durham. Must have seen me coming and charged me £296.00 for a very basic service.

I've heard some good things said and I'm sure they have redeeming features, but Ive never been back to find out.

Our club has a plethora of excellent mechanics/scooby engineers and we have a well tested list of recommended mappers.

I'd follow the well trodden path if I were you.

Last edited by kgt on Thu 10 May - 8:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tomwrx

tomwrx

PostSubject: Re: John pye motors remap   John pye motors remap EmptyThu 10 May - 2:16

Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: John pye motors remap   John pye motors remap EmptyThu 10 May - 5:29

tomwrx wrote:
have you read the news about simtek.

have a read here

[url=http://bbs.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/935218-simteks-from-2007-to-2012-an-announcement.html
http://bbs.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/935218-simteks-from-2007-to-2012-an-announcement.html[/quote[/url]]

Some cracking features on there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John pye motors remap   John pye motors remap Empty

Back to top Go down

John pye motors remap
Page 1 of 1