HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

 

 Turbo timer. Fittment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ellio38

ellio38

Posts : 376
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 46
Location : sunderland

Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty
PostSubject: Turbo timer. Fittment    Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyTue 22 May - 16:45

Am looking for someone who is mobile and can come to my garage to wire in my hks turbo timer. I have wired a couple of leads in but think the others need to be wired into the ECU. Any help would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

Posts : 1887
Join date : 2010-03-30
Location : Driving with a big grin

Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo timer. Fittment    Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyTue 22 May - 18:11

You can buy HKS wiring harness kits for the imprezs, you disconnect the multi plug for the ignition under the steering colum & connect the harness in situ.
Back to top Go down
ellio38

ellio38

Posts : 376
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 46
Location : sunderland

Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo timer. Fittment    Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyTue 22 May - 18:14

I already have one in bud. But for some reason I can't get all the functions to work on it. I have been told the spare 2 wires need to be wired into the ECU to get them all to work
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

Posts : 873
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 48
Location : somewhere in the north sea

Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo timer. Fittment    Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyTue 22 May - 20:40

If i remember rightly the a/f wont work correctly as subaru are wideband and the timers only measure narrow scratch (could be wrong on the classic side but i think that is right for the newage models)

I have an apexi in my new age and i didn't bother as knew they wouldn't work correctly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

Posts : 1887
Join date : 2010-03-30
Location : Driving with a big grin

Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo timer. Fittment    Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyTue 22 May - 21:40

ellio38 wrote:
I already have one in bud. But for some reason I can't get all the functions to work on it. I have been told the spare 2 wires need to be wired into the ECU to get them all to work

Is it the HKS one that shows your speed & Rpm ?. If so you tap into the Tacho signal & the speed sensor on the ECU.
I persume yours is an early model WRX.
Block 95 pin 11 is for the speed sensor
Block 96 pin 16 is for the tacho output.
Heres picture of the pinouts.
http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/pinouts.htm

hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

Posts : 967
Join date : 2012-05-01
Age : 37
Location : Spenny

Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo timer. Fittment    Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyTue 22 May - 22:25

fitted a HKS turbo timer to my blobeye and had to tap wires into the ECU harness for speed and rpm and also one to the handbrake switch wire, cant help with what pins to use.

My turbo timer came with a diagram though of different subaru model's/year etc and also the plug shape on ECU, then its just a case of identifying according to the diagram what pins/wires to tap into

All functions work on my HKS turbo timer but had to setup and calibrate the speed function, only anoying thing is I cant lock the car with the engine running but ive been told that its just a new age thing - something to do with the immobiliser Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

Posts : 1887
Join date : 2010-03-30
Location : Driving with a big grin

Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo timer. Fittment    Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyTue 22 May - 22:47

Mikeblobsti wrote:
fitted a HKS turbo timer to my blobeye and had to tap wires into the ECU harness for speed and rpm and also one to the handbrake switch wire, cant help with what pins to use.

My turbo timer came with a diagram though of different subaru model's/year etc and also the plug shape on ECU, then its just a case of identifying according to the diagram what pins/wires to tap into

All functions work on my HKS turbo timer but had to setup and calibrate the speed function, only anoying thing is I cant lock the car with the engine running but ive been told that its just a new age thing - something to do with the immobiliser Rolling Eyes

Could try this bud,
If you have a Keyless Entry system:
The remote will not lock the doors while the car is running. This causes an obvious problem when you have a turbo timer because now you cannot use the key fob to lock the doors until the timer has stopped. To disable this simply find the keyless entry module and clip the dark green wire with a black stripe. The keyless entry module is located in the driver?s side dash just above the fuse box. It is a black box with a single bolt holding it in place. There are two wires that are green with a black strip. Clip the darker of the two and tape off both ends.

If you have a Subaru Alarm:
Similar to the Keyless entry system the Subaru alarm will not arm while the car is running, to disable this simply find the security module and clip the grey wire. The Security module is located next to the e-brake (under the plastic cover and center console storage of course). There is only one grey wire entering this device. Simply clip it and tape off both ends. If you have both Keyless entry and a subaru Alarm you will need to do both of these steps.


Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

Posts : 967
Join date : 2012-05-01
Age : 37
Location : Spenny

Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo timer. Fittment    Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyTue 22 May - 23:44

maxboost wrote:
Mikeblobsti wrote:
fitted a HKS turbo timer to my blobeye and had to tap wires into the ECU harness for speed and rpm and also one to the handbrake switch wire, cant help with what pins to use.

My turbo timer came with a diagram though of different subaru model's/year etc and also the plug shape on ECU, then its just a case of identifying according to the diagram what pins/wires to tap into

All functions work on my HKS turbo timer but had to setup and calibrate the speed function, only anoying thing is I cant lock the car with the engine running but ive been told that its just a new age thing - something to do with the immobiliser Rolling Eyes

Could try this bud,
If you have a Keyless Entry system:
The remote will not lock the doors while the car is running. This causes an obvious problem when you have a turbo timer because now you cannot use the key fob to lock the doors until the timer has stopped. To disable this simply find the keyless entry module and clip the dark green wire with a black stripe. The keyless entry module is located in the driver?s side dash just above the fuse box. It is a black box with a single bolt holding it in place. There are two wires that are green with a black strip. Clip the darker of the two and tape off both ends.

If you have a Subaru Alarm:
Similar to the Keyless entry system the Subaru alarm will not arm while the car is running, to disable this simply find the security module and clip the grey wire. The Security module is located next to the e-brake (under the plastic cover and center console storage of course). There is only one grey wire entering this device. Simply clip it and tape off both ends. If you have both Keyless entry and a subaru Alarm you will need to do both of these steps.



thanks for the advice bud Very Happy

will cliping any of these wires affect anything if someone was try and break-in or steal the car though, or does it just simply allow the car to be locked with the engine running?

my car has standard keyless entry, immobiliser and subaru alarm - also has a tracker fitted
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

Posts : 1887
Join date : 2010-03-30
Location : Driving with a big grin

Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo timer. Fittment    Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyWed 23 May - 0:30

It worked on my old classic.
but i've never tried it on a newage.
You cuold give it a go, & if ther are issues you could reconnect the wires.
Back to top Go down
ellio38

ellio38

Posts : 376
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 46
Location : sunderland

Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo timer. Fittment    Turbo timer.  Fittment  EmptyWed 23 May - 11:27

maxboost wrote:
ellio38 wrote:
I already have one in bud. But for some reason I can't get all the functions to work on it. I have been told the spare 2 wires need to be wired into the ECU to get them all to work

Is it the HKS one that shows your speed & Rpm ?. If so you tap into the Tacho signal & the speed sensor on the ECU.
I persume yours is an early model WRX.
Block 95 pin 11 is for the speed sensor
Block 96 pin 16 is for the tacho output.
Heres picture of the pinouts.
http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/pinouts.htm

hope this helps.
Yeh mate mine is a 8
98 wrx Thanks for the advice bud. I will have a look and try at the weekend. Just hope I don't fook the cars brain like I have done to mine lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo timer. Fittment    Turbo timer.  Fittment  Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Turbo timer. Fittment
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» MCX Turbo kit 900XP 148rwhp
» 15.5 hp turbo cooled craftsman briggs and stratton wont start
» To turbo or not to turbo>>
» First factory turbo Sxs!!
» TURBO or not TURBO ? that is the question.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Subaru Forum :: General Chat-
Jump to: