HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Opinions on a P1 please. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Opinions on a P1 please. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Opinions on a P1 please. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Opinions on a P1 please. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Opinions on a P1 please. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Opinions on a P1 please.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

Opinions on a P1 please. Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyTue 26 Jun - 11:12

The son of a good friend at work has been offered a "well looked after" Subaru P1 by his boss and has asked my opinion. Since my knowledge stretches to filling in the back of a 1st class stamp, I thought I'd ask the people who really know their stuff.

All that I know so far is that it is a 2000 model with 100k on the clock, pretty much standard by all accounts and has been maintained by John Pye on a regular basis.

Ive asked for a more in depth description as my friend thinks his son mentioned 360bhp which I dont think is stock, but could be wrong.

The bloke is asking for £6k and I said I'd ask the experts. I appreciate that if you look at it the other way round, you can get a lot of car nowadays for £6k and ive suggested he think about that as well, as a few fellas on here might have motors he could be intrested in. (PM me with details if you wish)

But for now if you can give me opinions on the P1, it would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyTue 26 Jun - 11:15

He could get a bug or maybe a blob STI for that kinda money!!
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyTue 26 Jun - 11:18

You hit the nail on the head mate, hence my advice to him. I think he's had his head turned by the P1, which is easy to understand. He was previously looking at BM's and Mercs and the P1 has surprised him. Ive told him there are a lot of cars out there for £6k, admittedly the P1 is a nice one but dont be blinkered.

However, still up for advice on the P1 as thats what he's asked me for Wink
Back to top Go down
martyp1970

martyp1970

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyTue 26 Jun - 11:55

Keith the fan base for the P1 is not as wide spread as WRX / STI ,
You cant knock the attraction of a limited run of this model,like the TERZO , CATALUNYA , RB5 , UK300 ,
TYPE R , Plus lots of others....
P1's did seem to have a tendency to have engine trouble 276hp might have been to much for Subaru to correctly turn out on a larger limited run .....they should have got 1 of the mappers we use to oversee
The production lol.
At the end of the day its all personal taste. Cool
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyTue 26 Jun - 12:13

Cheers Martin. Ive sent him links to a couple of very nice Bug STi's and Blob STi's on Pistonheads. I'm not knocking the P1 for a second, just suggesting he widen his view a bit. I think his boss has indicated that a limited edition car will hold its value better, which has influenced him. In my opinion once you are down to £5-6k levels, the car isnt going to depreciate significantly over a few years ownership, so he shouldnt be swayed by that too much.
Back to top Go down
F1NNY

F1NNY

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyTue 26 Jun - 15:37

what build number is the P1? i can check it accross on the P1WOC to see if there is any history.

Would be worth checking if its had a rebuild and who by! also a remap for work done. as you said the engines were not the best! so with 360bhp i would expect it to have a few goodies!! even tho saying that there is still a few stock engines in them running close to 400 on the P1 site.

Also if it has the Prodrive alcon upgraded brakes and the 18" OZ alloys etc. always a good thing to have they called it the WR package!

Money wise 6k is a good price if its in good condition as many seem to be for sale for more so shouldnt depreciate.

then after that is just the obvious things to look for.

Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyTue 26 Jun - 16:24

Cheers F1NNY, I was hoping a P1 aficianado would turn up sooner or later.

If I get you the build number, would you chuck it up on the site for me and see if anything turns up ? I'm not on there for obvious reasons......like not having a P1 for instance Laughing
Back to top Go down
F1NNY

F1NNY

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyTue 26 Jun - 17:01

Yes mate the number is on the front left suspension turret

Sorry just changed it. its on the left not the right my bad
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyTue 26 Jun - 20:51

OK cheers, should have the info tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
coldflame90

coldflame90

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyTue 26 Jun - 23:15

I know there was a P1 in mmc at thornaby for about 8K I think when i was looking about saying that I didnt pay much more for my wr1 so theres much for him to choose from it all depends on his personal preference. Id have loved a P1 but there getting on now so went for a newer version but if its right for him at the right price and looked after then why not there a bloody loverly motor
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyWed 27 Jun - 11:53

Yer they have that one in mmc for about a year now iv been to see it
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyWed 27 Jun - 13:28

Think this pipe dream is maybe dead an buried - he's just been quoted £2800 for his insurance lol!
Back to top Go down
F1NNY

F1NNY

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyWed 27 Jun - 14:05

Ooooft did he try Gary moulson at km? I guess he is young?
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyWed 27 Jun - 14:20

I think he's 21 or 22 and a self employed contract electrician. I'm not sure who he tried but this has frightened the bejeebers out of him and I think he's backing off. Ive sent a list of the usual suspects to his old man and asked him to pass them on for quote purposes. I'm sure someone can come in lower than that - OK it wont be £500 but I'm sure he can shave a good chunk off nearly three grand.
Back to top Go down
F1NNY

F1NNY

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. EmptyWed 27 Jun - 15:33

good luck to him i went through elephant when i was 21 on an 04 STI and it was 1200.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on a P1 please.   Opinions on a P1 please. Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions on a P1 please.
Page 1 of 1