North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

04 Impreza WRX wagon

Go down 
+26
Steviedoo
atwrx
StickT
mike2367
rob17c
discodaz
byers
maca
winston
Robbo_22
martyp1970
maxboost
Jonny Gav
kempy85
Sid
dazer_70
Trev85
mickymarwood
natski
FINN
REZ
keffer
CARLOS
easby
kgt
stevenbrowne
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
atwrx

atwrx

04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Jan - 11:00

Not being cheeky, but aren't you supposed to put the tint on the inside of the lense? Or have you and it's just me being a blind spacktard?
Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Jan - 11:17

I thought the same thing, but apparently not no. The instructions it came with and the people in Revolution said outside, not inside.
Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 14:18

Car is now at the garage time scale on getting it back is a bit of an unknown given the list of parts im getting fitted and how much could go wrong etc. few days i'd say.

when i left it, it looked like this... with the lights refitted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

also sorted a new set of wheels... think these ones will really devide opinion, but this is what they look like right now, its NOT how they will stay... Razz

think a lot will depend on the colour i pick, tyres sizes and how i get the car sat. ive either made a brave choice, or a stupid mistake. time will tell. haha.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 14:58

The rear lights look good I like them Smile

Don't know how you dare put three spokes on tho they died a very quick death in the 90s cos they are fooking minging.. What have you done with the wheels that were on the car they looked excellent.
Have to say you have gone from a wheel score of 9.5 to 0.1 there buddy
Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 15:10

just cleans up the rear a bit. i like things looking understated.

the wheels, well... ha. i agree in a sense. im gunna make them work the way i always do. colour is key i think. white makes them look vile, but i really believe i can make them sit well on the car.

3 spokes are 90's, but the car is an 04, so, its unlikely that theyve been on one. factor in the fact i am having to get them custom drilled to 5x100 and ill be painting them in a custom colour will mean that i have something ''fresh'' as in, not done before. maybe for a reason, but mine will look different to the rest.

it did with the wheels it has now and it will with the wheels ive bought.

i could have bought xxr's or rota's and just chucked them on, but whats the point in that? Razz
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 15:46

Ok but sometimes different looks shite affraid
Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 16:07

oh i know mate, im taking a gamble. cant say its gunna look mint, inside my head it does, but never know.

gunna do some photoshops in a bit, see how that looks... Smile
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 16:53

I would say it is looking about as mint as it will get right now bud..
If you want something to do to it get the interior sorted then put some big £££s under the bonnet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 17:02

the wheels that're on are sold, just mirror polishing the dishes for the new buyer. so im stuck with the decision ive made now. lol.

i couldnt keep it how it was after it being stolen. honestly made me feel sick looking at it. seeing it in pics has the same effect tbh. so i had no choice but to change the wheels.

im sticking with my gamble. Razz
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 17:26

By the thread, your always in with the 'different' mods, stiuck with what you think, not everyone will like it thats for sure ...

I dont but i see the reasons.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 17:33

Well I'm looking forward to seeing the pics when its done anyway
Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 17:36

Stick wrote:
By the thread, your always in with the 'different' mods, stiuck with what you think, not everyone will like it thats for sure ...

I dont but i see the reasons.

thanks mate.

im getting nervous now! i was really sure they were gunna look mint! now im doubting myself! lol...
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 17:38

I'd like the term, 'balls deep' now so so stick it through and do it ... If it fails and looks shite, they'll do for temp wheels until something else 'rolls' along.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 17:55

exactly mate. Smile
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 18:47

Just spotted your pile of parts Steve, IMHO if those are EBC brake pads you may as well fit the cardboard boxes they came in. My experience has been they are moderate to poor on their best days and thats being polite. I flipped them for some Pagids and ever looked back.
Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 18:51

ah fair enough. ive ran them on a few cars without too many issues. i went with the ''reds'' not sure if these were the ones you used?

anyway, its done now, ill run them till theyre dead. cant be as bad as the standard ones. Razz

Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 19:14

stevenbrowne wrote:

anyway, its done now, ill run them till theyre dead. cant be as bad as the standard ones. Razz
Oh they can be, they really can be mate. They're fuckin pants, I'd rather put holes in the floor and try and stop with my feet, a la Flintstone Style
Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 19:19

hahahah! oh dear... Sad
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 20:19

It will certainly look different and unique with them wheels on, don't think you'll see another one about that's for sure, hope you pull it off and make the new look work.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 20:37

I agree about the reds too they are crap pads.. Your better off just putting a load of grease on the calliper pistons and leaving the pads in the box..
Back to top Go down
rob17c

rob17c

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Jan - 8:14

Good luck with the wheels, and stopping, it would appear too. Laughing

Last edited by rob17c on Tue 22 Jan - 9:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Jan - 8:38

stevenbrowne wrote:
ah fair enough. ive ran them on a few cars without too many issues. i went with the ''reds'' not sure if these were the ones you used?

I had EBC Yellows. They were already in the Brembos that I bought so (against better advice) I just had everything fitted and regretted my impulsiveness immediately. Since I couldnt afford a parachute or an anchor to chuck out the window, I spent about £40 on a set of Pagids and found that the middle pedal actually had an effect on my driving experience. Perhaps the Reds will be different but I wouldnt bet my insurance excess on them.

Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Jan - 21:53

went across and had a look at the car today, made me sad Sad looking sorry for itself with standard wheels on. also added some powerflex bumpstops to the original coilover bumpstops to stop the arches coming down on the tyres when im cornering. meaning i can go a bit lower or atleast get it sitting how i want it. but for now it means the front end is sitting up too high (the rear ones are getting fitted next week)

took a few pics of it so we can all feel sorry for it Sad

Sad
Back to top Go down
nickprice1982

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptySat 26 Jan - 9:05

stevenbrowne wrote:
Been looking at getting one of these for a good while now and finally found the ideal one, so went for it!

year - 2004
body type - wagon
engine - 2.0 turbo 240bhp
present mods - cat back exhaust, k&n, tinted window

came with a fresh oil service, 12 months tax and mot, full service history, 12 months mot, 2 brand new tyres to be fitted when the present 2 wear out, 12 month FULL all parts warrenty. just about everything i could want...

drove it for a week, wasnt happy with how it was running at all, so decided to get the oil out of it and put some proper stuff in, obviously, while i was doing that, a oil filter would be needed.

i also became sad that it didnt have a dump valve, so, that was on the cards and while doing that, it seemed to make sence to get a boost gauge as the dump valve was off anyway...

so, last night, i got cracking with my mate matty whos been to a few meets in his hawkeye impreza.

brings us up to date, i'll get some interior pics when it stops raining...

next... few more engine mods, cat replacement pipe, then coilovers eventually...

then...

Got the short shifter fitted, wasn't a walk in the park, but with some washers and some swearing, it went on.

Really starting to feel the changes now, but can feel its gunna need a remap soon.

fitted my turbo timer and radio from the mazda as the standard one made me want to die. although i liked the OEM look, the fact i couldnt listed to mp3 was the worth thing to ever happen.

OH and the skip track was a knob on the left and the volume was a knob on the right... think about it... THATS WRONG?!

turbo timer i had fitted up next to the boost gauge, but whilst sat in the car, i had another idea, which to a small degree, i have implimented...

WIRES?!

with the flash turned on up close it looks poo, in the car, sat back, it looks fine.

i will ovcourse sort it out, but for a 5 minute job, suits me for now... Smile

thats everything so far, but, this will be updated daily as ive just blown a whole load of wages... Smile
iv just got an 04 prodrive sports wagon aswel and im over the moon with it
Back to top Go down
stevenbrowne

stevenbrowne

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 EmptySun 27 Jan - 21:57

Went across and picked up the wheels today, they look good! Not badly curbed or anything. Gunna try and get them dropped off for redrilling tomorrow.

Also as money is tight, I'm spraying the fog covers myself.

Cleverest tyre value ever?

Also gave a quick rattle can to one wheel to see how it looks...

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 04 Impreza WRX wagon   04 Impreza WRX wagon - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

04 Impreza WRX wagon
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next