HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .

Go down 
AuthorMessage

And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . Empty
PostSubject: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyThu 9 Aug - 21:12

Been doing some detective work (well my secretary and I) ... and have found out who the phantom mapper is who has mapped my car Very Happy

It was Andy Forrest Very Happy - Which I'm very pleased it's turned out to be him.

The second owner of the car has also said the map can be turned off as well .. but he couldn't remember exactly how - something to do with the heater switch and the accelerator ??
Back to top Go down
Trev85

Trev85

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyThu 9 Aug - 21:27

when lee got his mapped by bob! hes got 2 maps high and low to switch between them he has to put his foot to the floor and press the rear demister button the engine management light flashes to tell u its swopped!

Last edited by Trev85 on Thu 9 Aug - 21:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyThu 9 Aug - 21:30

Pressure the rear demister button what does he do swear at it and give it the fingers till it gives in lol
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyThu 9 Aug - 21:31

FPMSL lol!
Back to top Go down
Trev85

Trev85

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyThu 9 Aug - 21:37

byers wrote:
Pressure the rear demister button what does he do swear at it and give it the fingers till it gives in lol

f**ku sort ya air lock out yaself lol!
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyThu 9 Aug - 21:41

Away Trev was only a joke don't worry the mist^ will clear and you will see sense Lol

keffer

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyThu 9 Aug - 21:53

thats good news Paul Cool
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyThu 9 Aug - 22:03

Yeh had the same map off Andy high and low boost.......floor it in 4th its easier to tell in the longer gear till the turbo spools up, then turn the switch on and you should feel the car pick up or drop down, you can then turn the switch off and it should stay in the boost setting selected ;0) hope this helps marra ;0)
Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyThu 9 Aug - 23:16

Sort of the same, but I thought it was foot flat to the floor in any gear but obviously higher gear the better, then quickly press the heated rear screen button twice. This will switch to the other map/boost level, repeat this and you'll return back to the previous map/boost level.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rick-thornton-photography.com
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyFri 10 Aug - 7:17

Yes it can be done in every gear but tbh it's hard to tell well it was for me in 1st 2nd and you had to be quick in 3rd with a 20g on the boost come on pretty quick.......least in 4th it gives Paul the chance to feel it change ;0)
Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyFri 10 Aug - 7:30

Wasn't so much that aspect of it, it was can you single press the heated rear screen to get it to change boost (with full throttle) or did you need to quickly press it twice, I was always led to believe that it needed two quick presses?
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyFri 10 Aug - 7:56

So your trying to tell me that you could change the boost setting in any gear and feel the difference in the settings???......tbh I couldn't tell sometimes but in a longer gear it was easy to feel the difference with the boost, it's not a hard ask I know to press a button a couple of times, but awkward gauges wot setting your on in the lower gears.......that's my point anyway! Am sure Paul will work it out lol it's not hard.......
Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyFri 10 Aug - 8:27

No, no, we're getting wires crossed, I was more picking up on the post you did re only needing to press the button once (or at least that's how I picked it up), cos as far as I was concerned this wouldn't change the map, so if the OP was only pressing it once it wouldn't matter what gear he changed it in cos I don't think it would switch the maps, sure it's gotta be double clicked, but yes in a longer/higher gear it's easier to tell what boost setting you're in by how the car picks up after switching the maps, but as you say, I'm sure he'll figure it out.
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyFri 10 Aug - 8:41

I owe you an apologie marra ...yeh I thought it was just the single press but am saying that now cause mine is just that after bob rawle mapped it but also thought it was the same after Andy Forrest done it?????? Never mind he will have fun finding out eh ;0)
Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyFri 10 Aug - 9:40

No apology needed, I'd actually be more surprised if I was right for once! LoL
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyFri 10 Aug - 9:51

Just to clear 1 thing up, it doesn't "change" the map, all it does is switch off the pulse on the boost control solenoid allowing actuator pressure only, this is usually 0.5bar.
it is classed as valet mode, ideal if you are dropping the car off at a garage and don't want them kicking its head in.
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . EmptyFri 10 Aug - 19:55

Lol jonny why didn't bob tell me that??? I mean I'd understand every word said then.....NOT! Nice to know the tech side of it fella ;0)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .   And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. . Empty

Back to top Go down

And ... The Phantom Mapper isssss... ..... ... . .. .
Page 1 of 1