North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct

Go down 
+8
billy21
iddysti
dynamix
kempy85
Robbo_22
Bigclarky
martyp1970
nyscooby
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nyscooby

nyscooby

Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct Empty
PostSubject: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 18:13

Many thanks again to Andy K Chester LS... Tidy work as always.

Car gets remapped on the 11th for the final time this year, spec below. Looking for 401hp.

Forced Performance STI Green Turbo with Billet wheel
Perrin Turbo Blanket
Perrin radiator Shroud
HRC 340 fuel pump
DeatschWerks 750cc injectors
Lightened Pulley Kit
76mm RCM Samco turbo inlet
9mm Manifold Spacers
Full 2.5 s/s Prodrive Decat exhaust system
RCM headers & Venturi up pipe / DEI Wrapped
Process West TMIC & Pipework
Inner wing induction kit with 9" K&N Filter
3 port Prodrive BCS,
Exedy clutch
Oil catch tank.
Ecutek Re-map By Bob Rawle (Again)

Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct Enginebay

Last edited by nyscooby on Sat 13 Oct - 23:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
martyp1970

martyp1970

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 18:58

Great looking bay and spec mate.
So the inlet,turbo,top mount , headers what's the spec and info ...why thiose choices .
I like the 401hp Cool
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 19:02

should piss the 401bhp, but don't put it on a rolling road!!!!
Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:30

Choices...?

Basically i read Scoobynet and do the opposite.... NASIOC has far more advice based on trial and error...

And all those parts came up for sale super cheap and i couldn't say no...

IE.. Only paid £180 for the turbo!! with a billet wheel....
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:34

nyscooby wrote:

Basically i read Scoobynet and do the opposite....

lol! lol! lol! Quote of the week! The man speaks the truth! Cool
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:37

has the fp green got a ball bearing core?
Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:37

LOL....
Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:39

http://store.forcedperformance.net/PROD/NTSUBFPGREENHTA.html

Since 2002 The Subaru WRX and STI have enjoyed the power and performance of the Forced Performance FP GREEN™ for Subaru STI/WRX turbochargers. These "bolt-on" hybrid turbochargers redefined the boundaries of power and performance while avoiding the "rotated mount" type kits.

The new for 2008 HTA update for the FP GREEN HTA™ for Subaru STI/WRX delivers an increase in maximum flow rate from 49lb/min to 60lb/min without an increase in turbo lag, while also decreasing compressor outlet temperatures with better compressor efficiency than previous models.

The FP GREEN HTA™ for Subaru STI/WRX turbo features an 8cm Subaru turbine housing set up for external wastegate and a 3" compressor housing. A 1 bar internal wastegate is an added cost option via the drop down menu above. This turbo comes with porting included on the turbine housing.

The 3" inlet of the FP GREEN HTA™ for Subaru STI/WRX means that the TGVs will need to be removed from the vehicle to gain the required compressor housing clearance.
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:44

[img]Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct New_ip10[/img]

One fp green in quite a lot of bits in my shed due to bearing failure, pre 2010 model which they upgraded to a roller bearing core, mint turbo lyk good for around 450-460bhp ej22gav had one aswell made good power but suffer from oil starvation
Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:47

I'm sure they don't all fail.
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:47

HAHA, was gannaa say Clarky - theres a bit missing from that mate! Laughing Laughing Embarassed
Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:49

Owen Developments are the UK dealers for these turbos, £300 for a full rebuild.

Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:49

A big chain so he can wear it round his neck...

Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:51

Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:55

Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 20:56

forced performance dont have any uk dealers or suppliers, if you have any issues with the turbo they have to be sent to them in america, av had quotes from them a few time with reguards to having it reconditioned at the cost of $900 dollars which it isnt worth doing hence why its in bits still, owen development will re-condition the turbo by actually fitting a roller bearing core, same as turbo dynamics etc etc ask iddy he had his fp red converted and upgraded to a hybrid by them
Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 21:06

They do have UK dealer, as stated above. Call and ask. I did.

Just txt Andy K asking for answers about oil filter !!!

Hopefully i can get this checked, removed etc asap.
Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 21:10

I called the FP office in the USA and had a fairly abrupt chat with the VP.

He got quite stroppy and said why bother asking us for repair info. Call Owen Dev in the UK as they are our UK dealers...

So i did call Owen Dev and they concurred... they knew the turbo and offered a rebuild for £300.

I suggest you call them if you need yours repairing.
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 21:16

Did the same with Owen Developements and they told me to ring the forced performance in the usa lol
reply i got from forced performance was,

We do not sell just the center section to our proprietary turbochargers. You would need to send the turbo into us to be repaired. Please be sure to fill out the following Turbo Rebuild/Upgrade form and send that in with your turbocharger.

Forced Performance Rebuild/Upgrade Form

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you,
Amber

Sales Team
Forced Performance Turbochargers, Inc.
972-984-1800
www.forcedperformance.net

(above copied from email of them you'd think someone had died lol)

Tossers i say lol
Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 21:19

fairnuff, we got diff response.
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 21:21

looks that way, but on the upside! box of spare bits here including new wastegate if ya need them
Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 21:26

Tx....

Did you read the links above?
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 21:30

1 or 2nd?
Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 21:31

both?

Are you watching the Xfactor?
Back to top Go down
nyscooby

nyscooby

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct EmptySat 6 Oct - 21:32

how much for the box of parts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct   Ever wished you didn't bother????   Remap Time Again  11th Oct Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever wished you didn't bother???? Remap Time Again 11th Oct
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next